Tom-NJ2AS

Point Pleasant Drug Raid

This article is unbelievable. How much money was wasted planning this operation? Pay attention when they write about the weapons that were found, especially the FULLY LOADED one.

http://www.app.com/article/20101222/NEW ... source=rss

POINT PLEASANT BEACH — State Police raided a Richmond Avenue apartment, wrapping up a monthlong investigation into marijuana sales in the borough, officials said.

State Police investigators raided the apartment in the 300 block of Richmond Avenue about 6:15 p.m. Friday as part of "Operation Beachcomber" a narcotics investigation focused on "significant marijuana dealers in the Point Pleasant Beach Borough area," according to Sgt. Julian Castellanos.

Investigators seized 1.5 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $12,000; prescription drugs with a street value of $400; an assortment of weapons, including two brass knuckles, three large daggers, a machete, metal asp and a fully loaded Daisy Outdoor Products Powerline BB gun; drug paraphernalia and $23,350 in cash, Castellanos said.

Ian Michael Clark, 23, and Kevin Michael Roddy, 26, who share the same Richmond Avenue address in the borough, were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana over 50 grams, possession of marijuana over 50 grams with intent to distribute, possession of a prohibited weapon, possession of prescription legend drugs, possession of weapons for an unlawful purpose, possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime, and possession of drug paraphernalia. They were both released from Ocean County Jail in Toms River after posting $15,000 full cash bail.

Keith Roszkowski, 25, and Samantha Danielle Werner, 23, both of the same Richmond Avenue address as Clark and Roddy, were charged with possession of marijuana under 50 grams and released on a criminal summons.

And how many man hours were put into this raid to net 12,000 dollars worth of marijuana?

Lets see. Probably 20 people minimum. Average Salary - $75,000

Minimum 3 weeks getting ready. 120 Man hours $36.00 / Per Hour / 20 people = $86,400.00

Makes sense to me :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I wonder if the brass knuckles, the machete, the daggers and the asp would be so much more frightening and deadly if we knew the exact make and model of each of them.

Slanted idiot journalism.

Investigators seized 1.5 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $12,000; prescription drugs with a street value of $400; an assortment of weapons, including two brass knuckles, three large daggers, a machete, metal asp and a FULLY AUTOMATIC AK-47 STYLE ASSAULT RIFLE WITH COP KILLER BULLETS; drug paraphernalia and $23,350 in cash, Castellanos said.

Fixed.

Other than the "fully Loaded BB gun," why is this an issue? Cops are supposed to investigate and arrest people commiting crimes. Are we to start asking the ROI for all police activity?

the point is.. the amount of money we as a society waste on trying to force a specific moral standard for absolutely no logical reason.. want to drink? ok... want to drink so much that your liver stops and you die? sure.. no problem... want to smoke a cigarette? yeah.. thats ok to.. want to smoke so much your lungs fill up with tar and other hazardous chemicals? to the point where you need to be on a breathing machine... again.. no worries go for it... want to smoke some pot (which to this day is questionable as to if it can even kill you).. HELL NO.. we will spend god only knows how much money investigating you.. then... we will create an elaborate sting to get these evil evil drugs off of the street... it is just totally illogical..

And how many man hours were put into this raid to net 12,000 dollars worth of marijuana?

Minimum 3 weeks getting ready. 120 Man hours $36.00 / Per Hour / 20 people = $86,400.00

Damn..so how many have YOU planned to know exactly what goes into it????? Enlighten us.

• Like 2

Damn..so how many have YOU planned to know exactly what goes into it????? Enlighten us.

to be clear.. my issue is not with LEO.. my issue is with the BS laws that create all that wasteful spending.. I am pretty sure that is the same point the other poster is getting at...

A couple thoughts, you never know what will be yielded when you raid a house. What is the ROI if you recover NOTHING which does happen. Just understand that to get a warrent, a lot of very specific things had to happen including either undercover work or a confirmed CI. But does this mean we stop when we dont get a bathtub full of coke? Hell no, hit em again! The topic of the criminality of POT is another matter. But what must be considered is the culture and criminality of drug trafficing. SO much is attached to this trade that has far reaching rippling effects so it simply isnt just about the pot. To answer to the comment about alcohol and cig's. They are legal because the government makes a metric ton of money on them. The government is willing to overlook the impact on the population for a pile of cash. Again for reasons of money, the government will not take away the rights of the few who dont abuse it because of the ones that do. Too bad they dont think that way when it comes to the second amendment, but there is no money in it :(. The cost to produce a pint of rubbing aclcohol and hard boose is roughly the same. The difference in price is mostly tax. The tax has exceeded the manufacturers profit in many cases.

I find it extremely funny that spending taxpayer money to get true criminals off the street is frowned upon.......yet half the forum supported spending taxpayer money for a helicopter flyover, 21 gun salute, and a parade for a police dog. Getting these criminals off the street is MUCH more important.

A couple thoughts, you never know what will be yielded when you raid a house. What is the ROI if you recover NOTHING which does happen. Just understand that to get a warrent, a lot of very specific things had to happen including either undercover work or a confirmed CI. But does this mean we stop when we dont get a bathtub full of coke? Hell no, hit em again! The topic of the criminality of POT is another matter. But what must be considered is the culture and criminality of drug trafficing. SO much is attached to this trade that has far reaching rippling effects so it simply isnt just about the pot. To answer to the comment about alcohol and cig's. They are legal because the government makes a metric ton of money on them. The government is willing to overlook the impact on the population for a pile of cash. Again for reasons of money, the government will not take away the rights of the few who dont abuse it because of the ones that do. Too bad they dont think that way when it comes to the second amendment, but there is no money in it :(. The cost to produce a pint of rubbing aclcohol and hard boose is roughly the same. The difference in price is mostly tax. The tax has exceeded the manufacturers profit in many cases.

Shane hit the nail on the head about alcohol and cigs. They make a ton of money on alcohol and cigarette tax. Just proves the government couldn't give a damn about your health. It's all about power and money my friend. I think I saw cigaretts going for $9.00 a pack. How much of that is tax? Good points Shane.

Oh - one more thing. When you start considering machinists tools as weapons, I think most of us should be locked up.

Well Im for BOTH worthy pursuits. But the 12k view is an oversimplification. What if 12k worth is what they do a week? Thats $624,000 of distribution a year.

And, what if some high school kid gets blind stupid high, jumps into daddy's car for a run to WaWa, and runs a busload of nuns and orphans off the road and down a ravine? What's the dollar value in preventing that?

• Like 1

Agree with spending the money. Those guys were not just dealing that 1.5pds... thats what they had left. 24K in cash suggests there was another 3 pds+ there at one point in time. What else was going on the cops knew about but did not find... meth, coke, women, stolen goods? In an apartment complex... kids in the area? Shut it down. Good bust.

Now back to the OP.... fully loaded BB Gun.... That just kills me. I wonder where they train these reporters, I mean they cant really be that stupid can they. Yes they can. I learned a lesson last year, I was qouted with others in a news article pertaining to youth sports. The reported managed to make 17 errors at last count on items that were spelled out to her and fact sheets were presented to give support. The entire story was created and thenaltered by herself and her editors to manifest some sort of outcry or teeth nashing of some sort for youth sports. All her poetic license taking did was make the kids look like whiners.

I hate reporters now almost as much as I hate inner city, urban, suburban and rural politicians.

• Like 1