Michael Marelli: NY State Court Officer

Jarrett Grimes: Homeland Security

Gary Quesenberry: Homeland Security

Billy Rogers: Restaurant Operator

Mike Hughes: Competitive Pistol Shooter

Cliff Walsh: Revolver Champion

Sara Ahrens: Police Training Sergeant

Chris Collins: Firearms Instructor/Former Marine

Mark Schneider: USPSA Competitor/Outdoorsman (Former USAF)

Phil Morden: Three Gun Competitor

Paul Marinaccio: Detective/Firearms Instructor

Jake Zweig: Ex Navy Seal/College Football Coach

Season 3 cast is out:

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/videos/top-shot-season-3-cast#

Alex Charvat: Engineer/Outdoorsman

Drew Shprintz: Firearms Instructor/Bartender

Dustin Ellermann: Christian Camp Director

Amanda Hardin: Firearms Instructor/Nurse

Michael Marelli: NY State Court Officer

Jarrett Grimes: Homeland Security

Gary Quesenberry: Homeland Security

Billy Rogers: Restaurant Operator

Mike Hughes: Competitive Pistol Shooter

Cliff Walsh: Revolver Champion

Sara Ahrens: Police Training Sergeant

Chris Collins: Firearms Instructor/Former Marine

Mark Schneider: USPSA Competitor/Outdoorsman (Former USAF)

Phil Morden: Three Gun Competitor

Phil Marinaccio: Detective/Firearms Instructor

Jake Zweig: Ex Navy Seal/College Football Coach

That would be "Paul Marinaccio"....I know him and he cant tell me the results!

Only two guys who are from the military....surprising considering how well the military guys did last season. Any word on what date it will air.

I'm kinda happy about it. I wasn't a fan of the ego's in last season revolving around military status. The competition of best shooter turned out to be who your friends were.

• Like 2

I'm kinda happy about it. I wasn't a fan of the ego's in last season revolving around military status. The competition of best shooter turned out to be who your friends were.

Although I agree with you completely on some level, I also have to disagree somewhat. The egos of SOME of the competitors was extremely annoying, and they just happened to be military. There was also Jay, who was terrible AND annoying and NOT military. I think it had nothing to do with the military, and everything to do with the fact that the show producers wanted to create more drama. I hope this isn't the case with the third season. The premise of the show is great, and it's really fun to see the different obstacles they have.....leave the drama to Jersey Shore.

• Like 1

True, it does most certainly falls under the drama which the show creates using the elimination challenges, the purpose of forming alliances, etc. If anyone watched the wrap up episode of the season, it really let the guys speak about the season as a whole..

Although I agree with you completely on some level, I also have to disagree somewhat. The egos of SOME of the competitors was extremely annoying, and they just happened to be military. There was also Jay, who was terrible AND annoying and NOT military. I think it had nothing to do with the military, and everything to do with the fact that the show producers wanted to create more drama. I hope this isn't the case with the third season. The premise of the show is great, and it's really fun to see the different obstacles they have.....leave the drama to Jersey Shore.

While the lack of any drama may appeal more to the active shooter, if we really want a broader audience the drama is needed to attract people who would not normally watch a show like that, it's a small price to pay as a viewer to attract more people to the sport, as long as it doesn't get out of hand like some other shows out there.

For example, Bike shows, Way too much drama and BS and me being someone who has been riding and building most of my own bikes for 27+ years I can't even watch them. I wouldn't let the most famous of the shows (OCC) do work on my boat anchor, they would probably screw that up.

Harry

• Like 2

I'll agree with you that Jay was portrayed to be a dick, but he was right in not changing his style before an event and he held his own until he was eliminated. Also listen to the gun nuts media podcast that interviews the eliminated contestants to have a better insight to the behind the scenes stuff of Top Shot. It might change your opinion on some of the cast members.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts

Also the elimination format needs to be tweeked for it to be truly "Top Shot". I would have the 2 worst shooters for each event go to the challenge. Enough of the voting and alliances.

Regardless I'll watch it when it comes back on.

• Like 1

jay was terrible?

I saw that guy shoot pretty well on quite a few occasions....

I would have the 2 worst shooters for each event go to the challenge. Enough of the voting and alliances.

Perfect idea, you are completely right. That would get rid of playing favorites, and truly be about who was shooting the best.

jay was terrible?

I saw that guy shoot pretty well on quite a few occasions....

I think that it was either a combination of him getting lucky and his opponent shooting poorly, or it was staged. Yes there were times he shot well, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a good shooter.....it would be different if we were watching him at the range, not on tv. And his whole "Don't teach me how to shoot differently, teach me how to shoot better" speech that he gave so many times just..... :banghead:

If you guys watched the wrap up episode, the whole Jay situation was a mess. He stepped up to help his team when no one else would, and then everyone found him annoying and didnt say anything. The opposing team approached him to tell him that his team thought he was a tool and they were falling apart.

Perfect idea, you are completely right. That would get rid of playing favorites, and truly be about who was shooting the best.

I think that it was either a combination of him getting lucky and his opponent shooting poorly, or it was staged. Yes there were times he shot well, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a good shooter.....it would be different if we were watching him at the range, not on tv. And his whole "Don't teach me how to shoot differently, teach me how to shoot better" speech that he gave so many times just..... :banghead:

Jay was a legitimate good shooter. The problem was some of his fundamentals were against the norm and several people wanted to change his style. Listen to the podcast it explains a lot.

Also regardless if he was lucky or not in the challenges, a win, is a win, is a win.

Side note he almost made the U.S. Olympic Archery team (got as far as the trails) Plus if you watch his audition tape he was no slouch.

• Like 1

How about if Top Shot was a buddy competition (teams of two lets say), and instead of elimination every "round" (or what have you), it was a cumulative experience. The drama could still be there (social interaction will always result in drama), and I think it would be a much higher level of competition (even the best competitors in the world can have that one really bad day). This way people who aren't nearly as good won't be carried longer then they should be, as their group will suffer from the get-go.

Think Amazing Race meets Top Shot (though admittedly I don't really watch either, so, I'm basing this analogy on what I think both shows are about right now). I don't know how they would figure out the "buddy teams," but I'm sure there is some way they could do it that involves a lot of drama.