Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Here it comes.....Post Tuscon Rally for Gun Control

Here it comes....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute,” said Quigley. “He had an additional magazine capability. That’s not what a hunter needs. That’s not what someone needs to defend their home. That’s what you use to hunt people.”

“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute,” said Quigley. “He had an additional magazine capability. That’s not what a hunter needs. That’s not what someone needs to defend their home. That’s what you use to hunt people.”

Ugh....the tired old relic that never dies.....equating the 2A with hunting....

Unfortunately we did know this was coming. I feel terrible for the people who lost someone in the attack. The sad part is they will use whatever they can to push their anti-gun agenda. We need to push back. Why hasn't anyone called for the ban of tomahawks after the 2 women in Union, NJ were attacked? If the mentally challenged person drove a Chevy pick-up into the crowd and people died would they call for the "GM" boycott? This is where our gun right groups, and all of us need to speak up. As we know, it's not the weapon it's the attacker. We need to push that across to the general public somehow.

Gov official targeted, so naturally they are gonna do whatever they can to protect themselves and advance their cause of a bigger more controlling government. I hope Boehner has some backbone here. They are telegraphing too, look for ammo & mag restrictions, I am sure this stuff was already written up, just waiting for those sickos in DC to exploit the deaths of a young girl and others.

Honestly, if someone has a history of mental health issues, aside from simple basic depression when they lost their job.... further add in a history of drugs... should not own guns.

It is a damn shame though, that douchebag just caused issues for everyone else. Just goes to show you, each individual gunowner, represents everyone else in their actions.

• Like 1

I feel terrible for all those who lost someone in this tragedy.

I also feel outraged that anti-gun politicians are demonstrating that they are all to eager to use this tragedy to promote their personal agendas.

Guest denn123

i really love how the society we live in today puts so much blame on an item rather then then the person using that item i do not in any way agree with killing anyone but if that man wanted to kill that woman that badly were he would risk his life to do so it would get done either way with the gun or witt out next it will be knifes thenwhat els most of the people running and making these laws dont look at it for what it is and its sickdo we blame cars for accidents lol funny thing is its starting to happen alot but no the guy was drunk or he was speeding well in this case the man was sick but yet its the gun dosent make sense and if we as a people do not stop it they will take anything that can be used as a weapon away .........witch anything you can hold can be a weapon

Guest denn123

also another funny fact of topic im trained in martial arts and some defense knife fighting....just for the record as a push back at guns are so bad, police are actually trained that knifes are harder and more dangerous to deal with then guns for anyone that dosent known that already but you wont here that alot.

i really love how the society we live in today puts so much blame on an item rather then then the person using that item i do not in any way agree with killing anyone but if that man wanted to kill that woman that badly were he would risk his life to do so it would get done either way with the gun or witt out next it will be knifes thenwhat els most of the people running and making these laws dont look at it for what it is and its sickdo we blame cars for accidents lol funny thing is its starting to happen alot but no the guy was drunk or he was speeding well in this case the man was sick but yet its the gun dosent make sense and if we as a people do not stop it they will take anything that can be used as a weapon away .........witch anything you can hold can be a weapon

im trained in martial arts and some defense knife fighting

Please train yourself on the English language. I can't read your above post without a getting a headache.

police are actually trained that knifes are harder and more dangerous to deal with then guns

Do explain. I am really interested, and would like to hear how knives are more dangerous. A police officer can shoot someone with a knife before the knife-wielder is in an effective range (20 feet).......if a police officer is close enough to shoot someone that has a gun, that person is close enough to shoot back.

• Like 2

I am outraged that another college student went bazerk and the college new he was a problem by kicking him out of school and telling him to come back with a mental report..

If you ask me this colledge cocked the trigger by pushing him out, think about it here is a kid who failed high school was rejected by the army and got into colledge and he was thrown to the street after making into college..

Guys give her a break; she has been waiting for years for some good blood to dance in... Lucky for us we have very strong pro 2A members in the House so her bill should be DOA. Also who in their right mind wants a gun control vote on their record in the run up to the 2012 elections? Don't see it happening...

Guest denn123

Please train yourself on the English language. I can't read your above post without a getting a headache.

Do explain. I am really interested, and would like to hear how knives are more dangerous. A police officer can shoot someone with a knife before the knife-wielder is in an effective range (20 feet).......if a police officer is close enough to shoot someone that has a gun, that person is close enough to shoot back.

i am very sorry for your headach im not good with a key board dont i dont sit on the computer all day like you do but if you use your head you would understand that a knife cannot malfunction and a knife in the first 10 yards can be more dangerous to people then a gun, you can miss a shot at one person let alone more then one person, also most vest police wear like a bullet resistant vest can not stop a dagger attack , witch is why most police that are in cities now wear knife vest look it up befor you talk about things you dont known about

.......i have trained with cops they have said the same thing and not talking about town cops city cops state troopers and swat. like i said look it you your a computer wiz

• Like 1

Guest denn123

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-153585.html

http://mainemartialarts.com/self-defense/why-a-knife-is-more-dangerous-than-a-gun/

i could find them all day but ill let you try and prove me wrong

Guest denn123

I understand where you are coming from but Im sorry, gotta red flag you on this comment: "a knife in the first 10 yards can take down 3 people faster then a gun".

yes im am very sorry for that your right

It's a shame, but the libs use this to their advantage to gain power and control. They're trying to spin this against the Tea party movement. It's all about gaining power and control. The left-wingers really make me sick. I cannot believe that anyone would want to be associated with libs.

The left-wingers really make me sick. I cannot believe that anyone would want to be associated with libs.

It takes guts to say that on an NJ based forum.

And I say that since this is a Blue State, and the only alternative is Violet.

I want to share how deeply entrenched the media is on all this. As I mentioned in a past, I submit a lot of security analysis / commentary on security matters. I contacted our CEO and media person about submitting a piece on this. I will clip and list as best I could my exchange with him and our CEO this morning.

- My original submission

Here are my observations and commentary coming from a professional security perspective.

1. Where was the security? .... snipped

2. Crowd Control, where was it? ...snipped

3. If you are elected, you are a target. ...snipped

4. EMS - snipped and blah, blah

Wojo (Yes I go by Wojo outside of forums)

1st response from our CEO

Good insights. Let’s make this week’s newsletter and run it on both sites. We can add links to some articles and use copy for the ToolKit. We should reference the 2 webinars February 9th and 23rd at 2 PM EST on Workplace violence.

PR Leftist MSM supporting tart

Can we ignore the fact a deranged kid can buy ammo at freakin Walmart?

My response to the media-tart

We can’t afford to let personal bias about influence what happened here.He could have killed her with a knife because of the lack of security at this event. Before laying judgment here, wait until my submission of an article. I know we are on opposites sides of the spectrum, but anyone who has studied assassinations will tell you that you can’t lock down an entire society or deny rights to 99.99% of the population at the expense of a few. Wojo.

Media-Tart response

I do have a bias against 9 year olds getting shot, yes. And it happens here far more than in European countries because of our lax gun laws. Is it really necessary to have deadly weapons and ammo available at the neighborhood Walmart? Haven’t seen that in the Bill of Rights.

CEO Response to above

He had no record. The line between personal information, confidentiality, personal freedom, and the rights of the public will always produce conflict. The story is tragic. It clearly shows we take our personal protection for granted.

My response

M, There was a lot of chatter before the holidays that AQ was looking to use pick-up trucks or other large vehicles to mow down innocent people in crowds such as shopping malls, schools, churches, political gatherings etc in a coordinated attack. Should we ban vehicles over an established weight? Box cutters took down four airliners, fertilizer and diesel killed scores in OK City, gas was used in Japan, propane tanks almost killed hundreds in Time Square, …

Tart Response without including the CEO

C’mon Scott, you know I’m too savvy for the standard NRA propaganda. He could’ve used a knife (kind of hard to imagine stabbing 12 people before being stopped), but didn’t; could have gotten the gun elsewhere, but didn’t, etc.. Always changing the subject is a very effective strategy. As is buying enough politicians and judges to get your way. The word “ban’’ never came from me. I’m a realist.

Simply asking why it’s necessary to make getting deadly weapons as easy as a beer or cigarettes? Why don’t we have a standard mental health screening? Why would even the most devout NRA nut want it to be this way? How many 9 year old girls have to die before we care?

I sent this to the CEO and our president who is a NRA Life Member and carries in his home state every where

I have remained silent for quite some time about M’s bias influencing his writings and watering down my submissions.Since I have been contributing to the newsletter, M continues to let his political and personal views cloud things. All too often he makes remarks to me that I find unprofessional for someone who should have the professional capacity to remain neutral for the benefit of Firestorm.

I have kept everyone of his responses and really think he needs to be spoken to, or better yet removed from his position if he cannot be professional. He has obviously lost his capacity

to remain neutral on security issues. Too many times when I have presented facts from credible resources, he has remarks or takes a political view on things. For the record, I am an Independent, but leans towards being a Libertarian or Constitutionalist. He is becoming a liability and I am beginning to have reservations about working with him moving forward. I would like to have a discussion on how we can address this matter. Wojo

Last submission from our CEO

Scott, M’s role will be changing. I will address. Jim

I feel good that I might have removed him from his position. I included several other emails of him ranting against my commentaries about US Security issues and most recently that Muslim Extremists are here, and have been coming in from our borders north and south, and they ain't here to contribute in a positive manner.

It takes guts to say that on an NJ based forum.

Yes but hardly any of us here are that leftist leaning. I can only think of 1 person off the top of my head, and many people here already consider this person to be a foolish kool-aid drinker.

i am very sorry for your headach im not good with a key board dont i dont sit on the computer all day like you do but if you use your head you would understand that a knife cannot malfunction and a knife in the first 10 yards can be more dangerous to people then a gun, you can miss a shot at one person let alone more then one person, also most vest police wear like a bullet resistant vest can not stop a dagger attack , witch is why most police that are in cities now wear knife vest look it up befor you talk about things you dont known about

.......i have trained with cops they have said the same thing and not talking about town cops city cops state troopers and swat. like i said look it you your a computer wiz

I'd give you 10 yards and you can charge me and / or two other armed men with a knife. I wonder how Vegas would wager the bet. I study KM, and most of us can type pretty good. Then again, we use headgear when sparring.

Just a matter of time

Carolyn MCCarthy does this after EVERY shooting, and every couple of months when she DOESNT have a specific instance to rally around. She has been doign this since the day she got elected and will do it until she dies. Nothing is going to come from this..they Dont...have...the...votes.

Title: Rep. McCarthy seeks to ban high-capacity ammo magazines

McCarthy, one of the House's strongest gun control proponents whose husband was killed in a mass shooting on the Long Island Railroad in 1993, confirmed on Sunday she was drafting a new bill in the aftermath of Tuscon and hoped to introduce it as early as today. Her office did not immediately respond to requests to comment Monday.

But Rand and other gun control activist told NBC the proposal is specifically being tailored to address an issue that has been highlighted in recent days by senior federal law enforcement officials: The manufacture of the kind of high-capacity magazines Loughner had with him at the Tucson shopping mall was barred under a federal assault weapons ban that was passed by Congress and signed by President Clinton in 1994.

But that law was allowed to elapse in 2004 — and such magazines are legally manufactured and sold today.

McCarthy’s draft bill would not seek to restore the ban on assault weapons, but it would prohibit the sale, transfer or importation of such magazines. Given the relatively narrow of the proposal, and the widespread shock over the Tucson shooting, Rand said gun control groups (who held a conference call on the issue this morning) were cautiously optimistic.

When asked about the proposal, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam e-mailed: “At this time anything other than prayers for the victims and their families would be inappropriate.”

Source: http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/10/5805421-rep-mccarthy-seeks-to-ban-high-capacity-ammo-magazines