McClane

Greatest Glock Accessory of All Time

They're more likely to drop the mag and penetrate their foot.

I got a glass breaker for like $3.

ok.. you have a glass breaker.. on your belt.. you are making a felony stop.. and coming up on a car.. and the car is still on and the guy is acting nuts and will NOT open the door or comply in anyway..

do you

1) keep your gun drawn and break the glass with the bottom of the gun magazine area...

2) holster your gun and fumble around grabbing the stand alone glass break?

like I said.. silly.. unlikely to be used.. but I am all for small add ons that are not overly intrusive and increase the functionality of something.. sure.. you can just smash the window with your baton or gun.. but I am sure there are isolated instances where having this product would be handy.. that is assuming they are otherwise reliable.. and relatively cheap..

Holy Shiitake... I just found out they also makes a Guide Rod Glass Breaker. Scroll down on the link I posted and you'll see it. I don't know which one is more dangerous. They will however... sell like hotcakes.

I saw that also.. that is NOT something I would use.. ever.. lol

You do have a point but then again if it's on the bottom of your mag, why would you shift your aim around to use it? I guess that's why they have the guide rod one.

Glass breaking is mostly for emergency situations, like a flooding car.

You do have a point but then again if it's on the bottom of your mag, why would you shift your aim around to use it? I guess that's why they have the guide rod one.

Glass breaking is mostly for emergency situations, like a flooding car.

picture using the frame of the car for some cover as it is hard for someone in a car to reach backwards and shoot at you.... you are pointing your weapon at the individual two hand grip.. to strike the glass hard enough would probably just be a slight tweak in aim.. and then a hammer fist to the window with the mag at the bottom of the hammer fist.. and then right back on target.. yeah it's a stretch.. and may even be awkward in use (I've obviously never broken out a winder with my gun... lol) like I said.. on the cheap.. in the right environment.. I might consider such a devise..

ok.. you have a glass breaker.. on your belt.. you are making a felony stop.. and coming up on a car.. and the car is still on and the guy is acting nuts and will NOT open the door or comply in anyway..

do you

1) keep your gun drawn and break the glass with the bottom of the gun magazine area...

2) holster your gun and fumble around grabbing the stand alone glass break?

like I said.. silly.. unlikely to be used.. but I am all for small add ons that are not overly intrusive and increase the functionality of something.. sure.. you can just smash the window with your baton or gun.. but I am sure there are isolated instances where having this product would be handy.. that is assuming they are otherwise reliable.. and relatively cheap..

I would have to disagree with you. I think any LEO that would actually use this shouldn't be around firearms and should be relieved of duty. It's an accident and lawsuit just waiting to happen.

I would have to disagree with you. I think any LEO that would actually use this shouldn't be around firearms and should be relieved of duty. It's an accident and lawsuit just waiting to happen.

maybe you are right.. who knows.. the guide rod one definitely is.. lol

the idea of this it to combine 2 tools into one. the gun, and a glass breaker. most glass breakers are hammer-like, and its another thing to carry or lose. this way, if there is an emergency such as a car fire, the gun/breaker will always be on the belt. likewise, how many COPS videos have you seen where they have to try and break a window with a flashlight or something else. #1 it usually doesnt work unless its a dedicated glass breaker. #2 it causes the off hand to hold something instead of steadying the weapon, possibly causing a vital half second lost when the badguy could shot the cop.

you can just smash the window with your baton or gun..

You've never broken a car window, have you?

I've personally have had a hammer bounce off, several times. Prior to there being dedicated glass breaking tools, the EMS and Fire guys carried a spring loaded center punch.

You've never broken a car window, have you?

I've personally have had a hammer bounce off, several times. Prior to there being dedicated glass breaking tools, the EMS and Fire guys carried a spring loaded center punch.

I was quoting someone else.. yeah you could do it.. but I was saying the tool is more ideal.. it is really hard to break it something pointy will normally do it..

I have to make fun of this...Ah, use the bullets in the magazine to break the glass. Unless of course it is a 9mm then you will need something else....

What's next, one of those j-blade seat belt cutters attached to the slide? How about a signal mirror? Ouuu, I got it, what about a whistle built into the muzzle. You can blow for help and your brains out too. Can or bottle opener is a must have. Before you know it, you have a Swiss Army Glock. Tweezers and those tiny scissors, or what about a ....:facepalm:

• Like 1

Just last night i was shooting a fun match and someone was standing next to me reloading his glock mags at the table when one of his mags spontaneously disassembled itself ejecting the floor plate, spring and half the ammo contents right into my left hip. After some hearty tormenting at the owners expense, apologies and crawling around on knees to collect the parts, he as back in business and the mag functioned fine. I hate to think what that might have felt like as a heavy carbide tip went torpedoing at my flank. lol

SO.. I completely conceded in the discussion.. I assumed I was just over thinking it.. I mean after all... when the hell would you need to break a window.. and why would you not have a baton or flashlight.... well sometime at some point.. you may just find yourself saying wow.. wish I could break this window with my gun.. you say training.. and that using a gun like that is totally wrong.. and it is.. but you will notice in this tape that the cop with the shotgun swinging it like a bat.. had the end pointed right at the other cops head.. in the heat of the moment.. in life or death situations.. you hope training takes over.. but the truth is sometimes it doesn't.. like in this situation.. had the cop had this tool.. in place.. it is likely he would have breached the window on the first swing.. might not be the safest tool in the world.. might have some negative repercussions.. but those repercussions couldn't be much worse than pointing a shotgun at your friends head..

not saying this makes it a good or bad tool.. not even trying to discuss how awfully they handled the situation... but just pointing out in this instance.. and how many others like it.. the tool would have been a valuable asset..

Not for nothing, but that idiot swinging that scatter-gun like a wiffle ball bat needs to be slapped in the head. Ramming it with the barrel, I think, again, I think would put a lot more psi on the window that try swinging a cod.

Not for nothing, but that idiot swinging that scatter-gun like a wiffle ball bat needs to be slapped in the head. Ramming it with the barrel, I think, again, I think would put a lot more psi on the window that try swinging a cod.

far simpler than anything else would be a purpose created window breaching tool.. conveniently attached to the bottom of your gun... available whenever needed...

far simpler than anything else would be a purpose created window breaching tool.. conveniently attached to the bottom of your gun... available whenever needed...

Or use the gun as it was intended and have the bullets come out of the end to break the glass if it is a bona-fide emergency.

Bang on the glass with the magazine with reckless regard for the people around you like the jackass with the shotgun,.. finger on the trigger and gun goes bang in wrong direction. As a defense attorney, I'd love to have that case. Anytime there is a LEO shooting, they take apart the gun, check the springs and all the internal parts to make sure there weren't any modifications. You go and put that unapproved device on a gun and you are at the mercy of the court whether you use it or not. The amount of negatives outweigh the tacti-kewl factor. Me, I want to make sure I give the prosecutors and defense attorneys less to work with. Keep it OEM and keep out of trouble.

I don't care what tools weren't available to that cop.....the fact that he didn't have a window punch on the bottom of his magazine does NOT mean he should be swinging it like a bat while sweeping a fellow officer. The situation was not urgent enough to warrant that. They should not fire through the window to break through the glass. They should have held him at gunpoint and ordered him out, or forcefully and safely remove him from the car.