Paul... they seemed to have really listened and prioritized the alterations. I would like to get a better view of the "action release" button, it looked a like a polymer, I would hope it would be steel with that winged configuration.

This is the coolest design to hit the firearm market in a bunch of year. Very innovative, rapid developement and cost effective. Big win for KelTec.

whats the action release lever for? i see it him cycle the action with out using it... i must be missing something.

It allows the gun to be cycled without pulling the trigger. Every time he cycles it he's hit the action release lever or pulled the trigger.

Is the link broken? I can no watch da video

Works for me.

And yea, my huge concern, along with Shane, was the trigger issue. But from a holistic perspective, the fact that Kel Tec went ahead and really listened to the feedback shows that Kel Tec, moving forward, might continue this trend in listening and utilizing feedback (something that a lot of the industry seems to be remiss of).

Looks like I might not hold out for v.2 (as they have done a v.2!), and put in a preorder...

The "presenter" is obviously not used to speaking in front of a camera or crowds. It gives this a campy feel, and yet, it's nice to hear that Kel-Tec addressed the issues raised at Shot Show. It's encouraging to see a manufacturer roll out a new product to an audience, solicit feedback and make appropriate changes. (It sounds so simple and yet it's so unusual in industry.)

Glad to see they implemented the changes so quickly. Can't say I'm a big fan of the notches in the magazine tubes... you can't see how many rounds you have on any other shotgun, so not sure why it's an issue for this one. Seems like a good way to get dirt and other crap into the tube. But overall I'm impressed.

As for the presenter, pretty sure he just works for Kel Tec. He showed up in a couple Shot Show videos including one he did with "nutnfancy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATtib_c_n2U

Can't say I'm a big fan of the notches in the magazine tubes... you can't see how many rounds you have on any other shotgun, so not sure why it's an issue for this one. Seems like a good way to get dirt and other crap into the tube.

Yeah, should've been clear polymer like the magpul count-down magazines.

Yeah, should've been clear polymer like the magpul count-down magazines.

Its a good idea, but clear polymer is known to be significantly weaker then other polymers. This is why Magpul never made a clear magazine for wide release, and why certain shades of polymer (regarding their magazines) are avoided by people who use their magazines every day (I believe the FDE polymer is the weakest).

ETA: Wait, you're talking about those small windows. My bad. Even then, something like that seems capable of breaking eventually. Why not just get rid of a piece that can break and still fulfill the original intent?

I personally like the idea of the small "vents" on the tubes. I can't put my finger on why, but it just seems like a good idea that, as long as structural integrity isn't compromised, is a good idea.

Great to see a company respond so quickly after hearing consumer feedback. That trigger really needed to be fixed and they responded well.

I've got two potential concerns, however about the other updates:

1) The round-count slots cut into the mag tubes: Looks like a great way for dirt and dust to get in and jam up the mags. Do people *really* need this feature?

2) The slide release lever: It's placed right where the trigger finger is going to be indexed along the side of the frame when the (responsible!) operator is keeping their finger outside the trigger guard. Particularly if wearing gloves, it looks possible to unintentionally release the slide and have it slightly out of battery. That's gonna be embarrassing when a target is engaged and there's no earth-shattering kaboom.

Did either of these modifications need to be made?

I will be buying one. Not OD tho ;)

That's fine, more OD green goodness for me :icon_e_biggrin:

Good reason but there are plenty of othe firearms I want so thats not quite good enough of a reason

How about.....because this is by far the most bad-a** shotgun that we have access to in NJ?