ajtesq

Hi Everyone, From Camden County

Hi, everyone. I've been a lurker on the forum for a while but I finally decided to join the forum so I can participate.

I've seen some great discussions here, especially about NJ gun laws.

I am 30 years old and live in Camden County...the good part not in Camden. I've enjoyed shooting other peoples' handguns for many years but decided it is time that I get my own and a NJ FID.

Thanks for all the helpful discussions so far.

As soon as that FID and permit comes in, I know exactly what i'm going to purchase too.

Welcome and what is the future purchase?

I'm going to start the personal collection with the Beretta 92fs. I want about 5 different handguns at the moment, but I'm starting with the 9mm beretta black / Italian. I'll be calling a particular forum vendor as soon as that permit and FID are finished, which allegedly will be next week according to my local PD.

Call PK90 (Paul) he owns Arms and Ammo in your area. Great service and prices. He is a vendor on the forum.

I certainly intend to. I already received the $ quotes, and am very happy with what I saw. I imagine my credit card and He will become good friends pretty soon.

I'll most likely be joining the South Jersey shooters club in the near future as well.

Let me know if you do. I'm planning on joining there, but they're a little steep price wise. Of course, I probably just feel that way since I'd rather put that money towards a semi-auto rifle. XD

Let me know if you do. I'm planning on joining there, but they're a little steep price wise. Of course, I probably just feel that way since I'd rather put that money towards a semi-auto rifle. XD

Invest in a range, invest in training, invest in quality components.

You will blow more money on walk on fees and ammo then you would on a fantastic range.

Got the ID and Permit today! :yes:

I am hoping to attend orientation and join South Jersey Shooting Club this Weekend. And so it begins..

Invest in a range, invest in training, invest in quality components.

You will blow more money on walk on fees and ammo then you would on a fantastic range.

Hello from Cherry Hill. Can I assume you are an attorney as well?

Unlike the usual 'IANAL' ... I am a lawyer. NJ and PA bar. I get a lot of flak for being one, so I don't often bring it up.

And of course, as one would expect here's a disclaimer: anything I say is not to be intended as legal advice or to be relied upon.

My work environment is not particularly pro-gun, so they were surprised when the local PD sent them a reference check after I applied for the NJ FID.

Unlike the usual 'IANAL' ... I am a lawyer. NJ and PA bar. I get a lot of flak for being one, so I don't often bring it up.

And of course, as one would expect here's a disclaimer: anything I say is not to be intended as legal advice or to be relied upon.

My work environment is not particularly pro-gun, so they were surprised when the local PD sent them a reference check after I applied for the NJ FID.

Interested if you have questioned this additional step they took that is outside the guidelines that are set, and if so how they responded?

Harry

Interested if you have questioned this additional step they took that is outside the guidelines that are set, and if so how they responded?

Harry

I didn't realize a reference form was going to be sent to my employer. I suspected it was a possibility, but was not sure it would happen beforehand. After it happened, I did not make a larger issue of it since ultimately I received my permits in 5 weeks including the holiday weekends. I know I'll be applying for another permit (or 3) in the not so distant future and certainly am not up for making a lawsuit out of it. Ultimately, I suffered no reasonably calcuable damages. The process was relatively smooth for me otherwise, which makes me one of the fortunate few.

• Like 1