DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

Did I hear free pizza? I can't wait to go. It's not as close as I thought but 14 miles ain't bad. I didn't pay the rifle premium as I'll shoot my ARs at Cherry Ridge.

Ok guys..final comment since I think the forum owner wants me/this thread done and gone. e hear all of your concerns. Is everything perfect (i.e. pricing/hrs etc..) NOPE...we are just opening and feeling everything out. Could things change over time - absolutely. If the opening price is too steep, then all we ask is you give it a try at the hourly rate. Meet us, see the facility and make your own decision if you want to commit. We have appreciated the input over the past few months during our build out. Now that we are ready to open (next two weeks or so), we will be onsite and listen to feedback in person. Trust me, we will listen and when appropriate, make changes. Be well all.......

Could not be further from the truth. It is a discussion with very valid points on both sides,. The point of this forum is to let you see what your potential customers are saying. =)

Like it or not, people will be discussing your range on gun forums, both here, and others. It would be unwise to ignore them. The reason why ShoreShot, PK90 and TJ Sporting arms are so highly praised, is because they are here to address everything.

• Like 2

Could not be further from the truth. It is a discussion with very valid points on both sides,. The point of this forum is to let you see what your potential customers are saying. =)

Like it or not, people will be discussing your range on gun forums, both here, and others. It would be unwise to ignore them. The reason why ShoreShot, PK90 and TJ Sporting arms are so highly praised, is because they are here to address everything.

Maks is right! Near or Far, wanting to join or just stop by for an occasional shoot, everyone on this and many other gun forums want your business to succeed. The more choices we have, the better it is for everyone. The more brick & mortar establishments we have in the state, the stronger the community is. Yeah, we will see some whiners and naysayers, complainers and babies, but believe me, the vast majority of us are behind you. Wishing you nothing but the best of luck and a successful business model.

Ok guys..final comment since I think the forum owner wants me/this thread done and gone. We hear all of your concerns. Is everything perfect (i.e. pricing/hrs etc..) NOPE...we are just opening and feeling everything out. Could things change over time - absolutely. If the opening price is too steep, then all we ask is you give it a try at the hourly rate. Meet us, see the facility and make your own decision if you want to commit. We have appreciated the input over the past few months during our build out. Now that we are ready to open (next two weeks or so), we will be onsite and listen to feedback in person. Trust me, we will listen and when appropriate, make changes. Be well all.......

Stick around and you may find a weekly gathering of forum members at your establishment. I would even pay the rather high(imo) walk-on fee to join them.

Have not shot much handgun at all the last 2 year and I also belong to Riverdale. Yes, Riverdale is the best place in the area. I realized that this week when I went about 4 times getting ready for the Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn 1911 class this weekend. Its quiet (only one other shooter there once this week when I was shooting), clean (b/c most of the members are responsible adults that clean up after themselves), and convenient (a member can go there 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm as long as there is not another event going on). If you live in northern NJ that is the place to be. Dont know what the wait list is for membership but its worth the wait. I forget what membership costs but its nominal for what you are getting.

I am not trying to slight the new range that has not opened up. I am excited for them and I wish them well. Definitely plan to pay them a couple visits and give them a shot at my business. Regardless of whatever price their range is and whether you like their fee structure or not, be thankful that there is another place available for NJ shooters to enjoy.

Sorry.

But to make you hate me more, I can count on 1 hand how many times i have been there in the last 23 months.

Have not shot much handgun at all the last 2 year and I also belong to Riverdale. Yes, Riverdale is the best place in the area. I realized that this week when I went about 4 times getting ready for the Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn 1911 class this weekend. Its quiet (only one other shooter there once this week when I was shooting), clean (b/c most of the members are responsible adults that clean up after themselves), and convenient (a member can go there 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm as long as there is not another event going on). If you live in northern NJ that is the place to be. Dont know what the wait list is for membership but its worth the wait. I forget what membership costs but its nominal for what you are getting.

I am not trying to slight the new range that has not opened up. I am excited for them and I wish them well. Definitely plan to pay them a couple visits and give them a shot at my business. Regardless of whatever price their range is and whether you like their fee structure or not, be thankful that there is another place available for NJ shooters to enjoy.

So... why is it so difficult to join Riverdale?

How long is the waiting list?

The board does not publish the list, but its was decided years ago to keep it lean and mean.

I have heard of people waiting 3 years,

I have been a member for 22 years.

The board does not publish the list, but its was decided years ago to keep it lean and mean.

Sounds like another club that may die in a few decades. What is the mean age of club members? Is it a lot of younger peeps? Or older members?

1319209439[/url]' post='369605']

Sounds like another club that may die in a few decades. What is the mean age of club members? Is it a lot of younger peeps? Or older members?

Club won't die if members pay their dues.

Club won't die if members pay their dues.

Clubs are like churches. You either grow from the youth or die with the old. If a club excludes younger members (purposefully or not), then eventually, as older members die, move-on, etc. you run into a financial crunch. Worse is when its membership looses enthusiasm in the clubs operation... that's when you'll see them go elsewhere and you'll see the range die.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28280-the-state-of-shooting-clubs-and-ranges-in-new-jersey-and-the-usa/

And apparently you need to "know" someone. Take that however you like whether in the biblical sense or in the brotherhood sense.

Except when a club like Riverdale has a 3 year waiting period, clearly it's in demand and isn't going to die for a long time.

Not necessarily. Rumor has it, they are purposefully keeping folks out.

Here I am, saying "take my money, I would like to shoot at your range", and these guys are just gonna sit there and not accept that? What's wrong with them?

• Like 1

Not necessarily. Rumor has it, they are purposefully keeping folks out.

Here I am, saying "take my money, I would like to shoot at your range", and these guys are just gonna sit there and not accept that? What's wrong with them?

It's called selective processing. They only want people that they like their and that fit their mold. So unless they need money, they don't add new members. They have enough money to keep their club running and that's all they care about.

It's called selective processing. They only want people that they like their and that fit their mold. So unless they need money, they don't add new members. They have enough money to keep their club running and that's all they care about.

'Selective processing'... sigh.

And people wonder why shooting in NJ is going down the tubes. Even if we get folks to buy guns, they will have to go up against boneheaded barriers like that just to shoot them.