Maksim

First gun you would buy... if you lived in a free state?

I'd get a Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum. I got to shoot one last summer while working in Maine. It belonged to a state trooper I had met up there.

That would be my choice!! and an m1a is close second. and all the 30rd mags i could buy. An SBR would make the list too.

Excellent choice, but way too rich for my blood.

No no no - you do realize that as soon as you move out of this state, you'll have enough money because the corrupt politicians won't be pulling it out of your pockets!

Well....... not as much.

A galil, a FAL, and a colt commando.

I have seen a neutered galil clone (golani sporter) for sale at BA, stock was pinned open and a wilson brake was welded on it. They also have told me that they will neuter and transfer FAL clones (R1A1s, DSAs etc), they have one on the rack but it is not currently ban compliant. Just sayin.. you can have those rifles in NJ if you want, no need to move lol

Probably a upper like a Tactical Solutions with a threaded barrel and a silencer to go with it for my Ruger Mark III.

Silencers and suppressors are the same thing. No need to correct anybody just because the name silencer can be a misnomer.

Select fire FN P90? That'd be fun to shoot...I'm not really into the look though. Reminds me as a kid when we'd take a 20 inch long 2x6 and drill a hole in the middle, notch out one end, paint 'em black and use them as toy rifles.

Select fire FN P90? That'd be fun to shoot...I'm not really into the look though. Reminds me as a kid when we'd take a 20 inch long 2x6 and drill a hole in the middle, notch out one end, paint 'em black and use them as toy rifles.

Not the most comfortable when you're carrying one around too. I have an Airsoft one I lug around... sling attachments get kinda flaky with it. Ergonomics make holding it in your arms for hours rather tiring.

An SBR comes to mind first-- that and standard capacity magazines for said rifle variants.

But I would say an SR25. I know I can easily get one now, but why would I want a neutered version of [to me] the ultimate rifle? No thanks.

A BB Hand gun because it's not a gun in the rest of the USA and I can shoot in a basement into a pellet trap and I don't need to waste a P2P to get it. :sarcastichand:

After that, an AK with proper capacity mag.

Harry

Honestly, I think you can just buy a pellet pistol in another state and bring it home. Most websites will ship one to you here in NJ also. No one is gonna press you for an FID if you try to purchase a bb gun at a walmart in a different state. I dont think you need a pistol permit to own it here, just to buy it here. I'm not sure if its legal under jersey law to purchase it in another state, but most states tend to follow their own laws.. its not like you're trying to purchase a ban-list firearm. I am not advocating any illegal activity though, so if its a no no to purchase one in another state and bring it home, then I guess you'd just have to get a pistol permit. This state is ridiculous.. I remember when I was a little kid and I wanted a bb gun more than anything, and my dad didnt have an FID back then so he couldnt get me one, luckily my grandfather had an FID and bought me a bb rifle as a present eventually.

Honestly, I think you can just buy a pellet pistol in another state and bring it home. Most websites will ship one to you here in NJ also. No one is gonna press you for an FID if you try to purchase a bb gun at a walmart in a different state. I dont think you need a pistol permit to own it here, just to buy it here. I'm not sure if its legal under jersey law to purchase it in another state, but most states tend to follow their own laws.. its not like you're trying to purchase a ban-list firearm. I am not advocating any illegal activity though, so if its a no no to purchase one in another state and bring it home, then I guess you'd just have to get a pistol permit. This state is ridiculous.. I remember when I was a little kid and I wanted a bb gun more than anything, and my dad didnt have an FID back then so he couldnt get me one, luckily my grandfather had an FID and bought me a bb rifle as a present eventually.

My original post was more tongue and cheek but as far as me buying it out of state, well even though other states don't consider them a gun from what I understand is I need to conform to the laws in my home state, so I do think I would need to buy it here in NJ and technically if I bought it out of state I would probably need to have it shipped to a FFL and waste a P2P on a toy. :icon_evil:

Harry