bbk

Uhh, earthquake?

Was on the 26th floor of an office bldg in the Exchange Place area of Jersey City....definitely felt it up there. Building was swaying from side to side. Wife called freaked out, our 4th floor apt. shook so hard, all the stuff on the bathroom counter fell on to the floor...

Am i the only one that didn't feel a thing? i feel left out. :icon_e_sad:

Every room in the PD felt it except Communications. Me and my coworker were the only ones who didn't feel a thing. We got robbed.

Every room in the PD felt it except Communications. Me and my coworker were the only ones who didn't feel a thing. We got robbed.

Jon,

Add me to the list. I haven't felt a good earth quake since being in Ukraine. All I got was a txt from Anastasia, asking me if I felt the earthquake, I thought she was trying to pull one on me.

My wife was (according to her pilot) literally wheels up out of JFK when it hit. The pilot said they held the plane behind them due to it.

We had 1 SWA B737 in the runway in position ready and 1 on a 2 miles final and the arrival went around after no contact with the tower and the one ready to take off sat there on the runway for over 30 minutes until the relocation facility was up and running. Everything else sits and waits and doesn't move. Also prior to anything landing or taking off runway inspections need to be completed to check for damage.

Just when I was having a nice smooth day at work. :icon_rolleyes:

Harry

Am i the only one that didn't feel a thing? i feel left out. :icon_e_sad:

I was in the mall with my son, i didnt feel anything. My girlfriend calls me about 30min after it happened to tell me her office was closing because there were a few cracks on the building

Didn't feel a thing in Linden, however flying around all the devastation for four and a half hours my butt is feeling it. Took off just after 2pm and Newark's control tower wasn't answering the radio. I talked to one of the other guys flying, and they told me they evacuated the tower. He also told me an airline pilot told him "yeah they left", and then laughed. Overall we saw little damage. There was a chimney that collapsed in red hook Brooklyn, also maybe a couple windows out in the Pfizer building at 42nd and 2nd. After a while it just felt like they were, :thsmiley_deadhorse:

I felt it at my office in Oak Ridge, as others said it felt like I was suddenly in a boat, at first I thought I was just imagining I was swaying but then it stopped. Within minuets the phone was ringing with people we know asking if we felt it. First time I ever felt an earthquake.

The office where my wife works closed early because the building had a few cracks. Not good!!!

I was in the mall with my son, i didnt feel anything. My girlfriend calls me about 30min after it happened to tell me her office was closing because there were a few cracks on the building

So was it your wife or your girlfriend?

So, was anyone sitting on the john when it hit? Lol

OK, I will 'man up' to being sitting down!

It felt like the floor was caving in on one side, then it stopped.

Before I could get up the house was swaying around for maybe 8 seconds.

A house is being built next door, and I thought they were pounding in stakes. Upstairs my wife had

much of the contents on the shelves above her work station fall on her. She said it seemed like that

wall was coming down as the house swayed around.

We are in Union Beach, about 100 yards from the bay, and this house jumps every time a bus or truck goes by.

We are in Union Beach, about 100 yards from the bay, and this house jumps every time a bus or truck goes by.

I hope you have a place to go this weekend, I hear they are evacuating many shore areas already. I am 7 miles inland (and 40' above sea level) so I am staying put. I'll get some fresh gas for the generator tomorrow "just in case". We do have underground utilities but if there is a widespread power outage, it will be nice to have lights on.