Babaganoosh

What have you sold that you wish you didn't?

Colt Commander 80 Series

S&W Model 19 snubbie

S&W Model 25-2

My 44mag Ruger Bisley + Marlin 1894

No regrets on selling my many plastic guns.

Probably other stuff that my subconscious has blocked me from remembering. :)

Why was she unhappy over that?

Probably because she's a woman with good taste who actually knows how to shoot and actually likes a piece of solidly built machinery in her hands instead of a piece of plastic crap.

Just an outsider's view IMO

• Like 2

I sold an original Ruger three-screw flat-top Blackhawk in .44 Mag (not a Super Blackhawk, a Blackhawk), so I could buy a 4" S&W Model 25-5 (N-frame / .45 Colt). The only S&W I ever regretted buying, and the fact that I sold a pristine collectable Ruger to do so only added insult to injury.

Just a heads-up for anyone who may run across a 25-5 for sale. Very neat gun, but S&W made the 25-5 barrels to post-war dimensions and the cylinders to pre-war dimensions. Mine manifested by keyholing at 7 yards. Eventually, after one or two trips back to Smith I got it ironed out, but it really soured me on the gun. This was one of several stolen from me in the mid-80's and the only one I don't want back. Sure would like that Ruger, though.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I sold an original Ruger three-screw flat-top Blackhawk in .44 Mag (not a Super Blackhawk, a Blackhawk), so I could buy a 4" S&W Model 25-5 (N-frame / .45 Colt). The only S&W I ever regretted buying, and the fact that I sold a pristine collectable Ruger to do so only added insult to injury.

Just a heads-up for anyone who may run across a 25-5 for sale. Very neat gun, but S&W made the 25-5 barrels to post-war dimensions and the cylinders to pre-war dimensions. Mine manifested by keyholing at 7 yards. Eventually, after one or two trips back to Smith I got it ironed out, but it really soured me on the gun. This was one of several stolen from me in the mid-80's and the only one I don't want back. Sure would like that Ruger, though.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It wasn't unusual to see the throat on those S&W Model 25's sized to .457 or so. That bullet went rattling down the pipe when you fired it. S&W really didn't completely fix the problem until the mid 80's either. My regret is that I lucked into a good shooting 25-2 from the 70's (I didn't know about the oversized throats when I bought it) that I sold for some crappy tactical plastic gun, long since gone.

someone is trying to get some brownies.

It's all I think about, the cooking at the Trout house is phenomenal from the appetizers, to dinner, to dessert. I never miss a meal down there!

Speaking of which, whatcha cooking for Saturday :p

It wasn't unusual to see the throat on those S&W Model 25's sized to .457 or so. That bullet went rattling down the pipe when you fired it. S&W really didn't completely fix the problem until the mid 80's either. My regret is that I lucked into a good shooting 25-2 from the 70's (I didn't know about the oversized throats when I bought it) that I sold for some crappy tactical plastic gun, long since gone.

Chris,

My cylinder throats measured a nominal .456" to .458". S&W replaced the cylinder, but since, at that time, they didn't have new tooling, they just mic'd another oversized cylinder to find one with the smallest throats (most worn reamer) - still too big, but no keyholing. Also had the forcing cone cut to 11 degrees.

Only the 25-5 had this problem. The 25-2 was only chambered in .45 ACP and they all shot like lasers. The first widely produced .45 Colt Model 25 was the 25-3 (and 25-4 which was the deluxe version of the 25-3), which was a commemorative and used the short .45 ACP cylinder of the 25-2 reamed to accept .45 Colt. It was too short to accept some Colt loadings, like a 250 gr SWC. The 25-5 was the first to utilize a longer cylinder - alas with oversize throats.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<----will tell you more about S&W revolvers than you EVER wanted to know