matt6669

Cherry Ridge Range Improvements

Malsua asked someone to start a new thread with the stuff that Anthony at GFH posted in another thread so here it is.

Not sure how this will post it is from an Excel sheet and I am computer handicapped.

Please note that this is from the 18 month plan and early next year we will start to develop the next 18 month plan.

Where it say's new ranges we are still in the very early stages of taking an idea and developing a plan but of course $$ is needed to get the ball rolling so it is in the budget.

Since this was the first real pro active budget in a long time much of the items are boring but needed. I am hoping that the next budget will include more member perks and facilities.

Vending Machines Done

New rug in clubhouse Done

Fix Stairs in clubhouse Done

Signs for range entrance and all of range

Soft dirt on 25yd berm

Repair 100yd cover Done

Misc drainage issues on 300 Done

New radios for RSO's

Repair fire suppression system

Add range questions to election survey

Rifle stat house repairs Done

Vehicle maintenance Done

Clubhouse lights - exterior and stairs

Cameras - In process

Storage containers Done

Pistol range compressor

Fire exit stairs redo

Salt storage bin Done

AED/CPR/First Aid/Quick Clot Training

Computer access Gate with Key Fob

Regrade 100yd range

Replace 100yd range target butts

Add 25yd target butts

Rebuild high power shot pockets

New pistol ranges to be studied

Survey property w/topographic map

Clubhouse roof repairs

Patch road Done

Fire pump upgrade

Cut fire break

Computer in clubhouse for member online registration

Shotgun 5 stand to be evaluated

Shotgun pattern board area

Shotgun thrower - evaluation

Archery shooting tower/platform and all new targets

Realign/rebuild multipurpose range

Cover for multipurpose range

Pistol stat house/storage container or building

Commence conversation as you wish, I will post something in this thread later in the day when I get a chance.

Enjoy

Add 25yd target butts

Is this a 25yd target line for the 100yd rifle range?

Realign/rebuild multipurpose range

Cover for multipurpose range

Is this a proposed new range? If it is, is there any clarification on the "purpose"?

yes to 25 yard targets at the 100 yard range from what I understand. They will be feet like there are at the pistol range, and there will only be a couple, and they will be at one of the far ends.

Don't know the answer to the separate multi purpose range, but I wonder if we'll be able to shoot things besides paper there.

That's what I thought at first based on the "cover for mulitpurpose range" line. I just can't figure out what's multipurpose about it.

What's in a name? Maybe because it supports both rifles and pistols?

I had a few suggestions that I forwarded on to Anthony. Among them, I would like to see an electronic sign that lists closing time for that day. A dehumidifier for the clay shed would be nice too.

I always end up getting a sunburn on the top of my head and/or neck so a cover on the Rimfire range would be great.

I had a few suggestions that I forwarded on to Anthony. Among them, I would like to see an electronic sign that lists closing time for that day. A dehumidifier for the clay shed would be nice too.

I always end up getting a sunburn on the top of my head and/or neck so a cover on the Rimfire range would be great.

You can't wear a hat? LOL

I have ALL of your input and I will be forwarding ALL to the range trustees.

Dam. I was hoping it was a new range like the General Purpose range at CJ. Oh well. A cover at the rimfire range would be great tho

There may be a bermed general purpose or action range or two in the near future.

hhmmmm...the possibility of an action range might be worth a camera & key fob trade-off ;)

Hell, I'll help build the action ranges! LOL - I'll even install the cameras on the action ranges!

Life is full of compromises...

You can't wear a hat? LOL

Yeah, but my head gets hot with a hat on. I'm a ginger, we're more sensitive to temperature. Ya'll just need to built me a roof. :)

I have ALL of your input and I will be forwarding ALL to the range trustees.

Thanks.

hhmmmm...the possibility of an action range might be worth a camera & key fob trade-off ;)

Hell, I'll help build the action ranges! LOL - I'll even install the cameras on the action ranges!

Life is full of compromises...

Easy now- don't hurt yourself on that screaching turn-around! :icon_mrgreen:

Sun block is or a hat will probably be the answer to that, but coved shooting areas with Drink Girls does have a nice ring to it...:icon_mrgreen:

+1 on the Action range. Metal targets on the pistol range would be great too...no more waiting until the next cycle to change your targets (yeah, I shoot fairly quickly). I got too used to the rimfire range where I can blast through a box of 500+ bulk ammo for less than $20 and not having to change targets.

There may be a bermed general purpose or action range or two in the near future.

Stop teasing us! What would this "action range" have? Steel targets? Also, I am inferring action pistol matches. USPSA matches at Cherry Ridge would be nice. I decided to keep my Cherry Ridge membership rather than trade it for RTSP. These ranges make me think I made the right choice.

Stop teasing us! What would this "action range" have? Steel targets? Also, I am inferring action pistol matches. USPSA matches at Cherry Ridge would be nice. I decided to keep my Cherry Ridge membership rather than trade it for RTSP. These ranges make me think I made the right choice.

We are hoping for two areas like that on the property. Cross your fingers for next year. We have room to the left of the clubhouse. Just not as simple as digging a few holes. The process is excruciatingly slow when you follow the rules.

Yep.

This is HUGE news! I cannot believe it. I am in real estate so I know the problems with DEP, slopes, wetlands, permits, etc. but this will make Cherry Ridge will be THE range to join without question. Tell everyone involved this is a great idea and let's move forward.