magic7

RTSP Firearms

I went about 3:30 and was told 2 hour wait. Think I just waisted 350 bucks.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i wouldn't sweat it just yet. I think this has a lot to do with a short holiday week and lots of bored people looking for something to do. I stopped by again today to find standing room only so I left. Before the holidays I have never experienced much of a wait on a weekday.

Give it a little more time and things should calm down.

I went about 3:30 and was told 2 hour wait. Think I just waisted 350 bucks.

Ed

Why wouldn't you shoot there before handing over your money for membership? They aren't expensive to rent per hour. FWIW, I was there just before Newtown and got right into a stall, no wait, on a Thursday night. That's the norm

i wouldn't sweat it just yet. I think this has a lot to do with a short holiday week and lots of bored people looking for something to do. I stopped by again today to find standing room only so I left. Before the holidays I have never experienced much of a wait on a weekday.

Give it a little more time and things should calm down.

I sure hope your right, I had hopes of getting in there a few times a week on my way home from the office.

Ed

So I got to RTSP at about 9:10 Sunday morning and there was a 40 minute wail. Well actually I got on in about 25 minutes so it wasn't a bad wait. By the time I finished shooting there was a 2 hour wait of people there.

I sure hope things calm down soon!

Anyway to anyone that reads this have a very Happy New Year.

post-5572-135691121558_thumb.jpg

Ed

I was also there yesterday showed up at 9:45. Luckily I had my ar so I got my group in a little quicker since the rifle wait was only one deep. I waited about 35 min. When I left it was packed and many people were not even attempting to get in line. When I was leaving someone was shooting one hell of a caliber because I was 5 ports down and I felt the shockwave.

They are open to 10 on Weds and Thurs now. Work got in the way but may go tonight. I've been a member since they've opened and it hasn't been like this other than last x-mas new years week.

I typically go to RTSP during member time at the weekend. For several months I could arrive at opening time and shoot for 2 hours due to how few other members were there.

Over the Christmas break it was busier, but hey it was vacation.... This morning even a few minutes prior to opening time there were more people lined up to shoot standing outside than ports available. Maybe it is the last week of vacation, maybe it is more members or people wanting to try their new toys. Either way they are definitely busier at present even at member hours. I'm not sure if we'll see it settle down a bit as people begin to conserve ammunition, or once we get clarity as to what Obama will try to do in terms of gun-control.

The RTSP team were however polite, helpful and friendly although they are looking a little fatigued, no doubt from the massive surge since Obama's re-election and Sandy Hook. I assume like other FFLs they are receiving large volumes of phone calls each day enquiring if they have AR-15s and whether NICS checks have been approved.

Not a complaint, just an observation on the increase in members shooting during member hours.

+1 to RTSP!

TheWombat

Are they going to be hosting any competition shooting events in the future? Is it big enough?

It will be much bigger by spring....

Breakin ground on expansion in Feb.

As far as competition stuff.... not sure. If I remember I will ask tomorrow

I was able to get out of work early today (Friday), so I headed over to RTSP with a buddy of mine. First time there for the two of us. We got there around 1:30 PM and waited for about 20 minutes. Even though they were fielding questions from every direction, the staff remained friendly and helpful. I would definitely go there again.

Went there today about 3. It was busy and I had to stand in line, but once I got to cashier (10 mins), I got a lane right away. Staff keeps smiling and is polite. I am not a member, but they recognize me. (I guess I stand out as a woman who goes to the range alone.) it is a nice place to shoot.