jeklog

car taken at gun point last sunday

sunday, nov 06,2011. my co worker"john bro"(not real name)was just done helping one of his friend "john doe" (not real name, who drives a porsche cayenne) move to another place, this is 10 blocks or less to a local firearm/range that we all probably have frequent or a few times made a trip. at around 9pm they proceed to there car that are par in front of there houses, as john bro was in his infinity 2 door just both certified preowned less than a month ago, he saw john doe(his friend)park just about infront of him, he saw 2 guys came up to his car and his friend end up stepping out. john bro got curious what was going on and wanted to step out of his car and ask what was going on, before john bro open the door, guy knocks at the passengerside window and said put the window, he puts the window down and guy says get out of the car. john bro was going to take off but realized another guy next to him has a gun pointed at him and that the guy at the passenger side has a gun pointed at him as well. he step out of his car, they took his 80dollars his cigarettes, iphone 4 and car as for john doe, they took his money as well and the car.

i feel bad that this happen to a person that i know, thank god that no one got hurt.

just to add, there is a laid off newark police officer that use to work with us before he became a newark police and laid off that lives on the same street a few houses away. these guys are most likely ready to shoot anyone, and we can only be careful so much.

LO Jack is kinda worthless to some extent. Putting a gps tracker is better. It's not the few bucks to you pay to put it in, it's the monthly bill to keep it up. They are both lucky they got away unharmed. These items are peanuts compared to the value of a life. I doubt he woulda got the shifter out of park before he woulda been shot.

Remember, it's not just him but the friend that can get hurt also trying to help maybe.

easier to just step out and say good bye. I do agree that going to a better neighborhood would be sound advice. I am not ashamed to say my Grand Parents had a house in a crap hole in Staten Island and I alwasy had something on me. Even in the years I thought what a bad a** I was with my Lorcin .380 haha. Man I was so wrong.

LO Jack is kinda worthless to some extent. Putting a gps tracker is better. It's not the few bucks to you pay to put it in, it's the monthly bill to keep it up. They are both lucky they got away unharmed. These items are peanuts compared to the value of a life. I doubt he woulda got the shifter out of park before he woulda been shot.

Remember, it's not just him but the friend that can get hurt also trying to help maybe.

easier to just step out and say good bye. I do agree that going to a better neighborhood would be sound advice. I am not ashamed to say my Grand Parents had a house in a crap hole in Staten Island and I alwasy had something on me. Even in the years I thought what a bad a** I was with my Lorcin .380 haha. Man I was so wrong.

Why do you pan LoJack? Last I knew they had a very high recovery rate.

that **** just pisses me off! I lived in Newark most of my life, unfortunately I still work there and I hear these things all the time... this will keep happening because the bad guys know we cannot defend our selves, like wolves to lambs, it sucks... you guys are very lucky that no one got hurt...in those situations You usually hear about someone getting shot or at least pistol whipped.

My commment about lo jack was when they were using a analog signal and that was around the 2000-2003 time. I am not sure now and would hope the use more of a GPS tracker.

Many employers track vehicles and pay monthly fees to be able to know all the data. That was what I was talking about.

Oh and once my car was stolen, O wouldn't want it back. I would hope they totalled it.

sunday, nov 06,2011. my co worker"john bro"(not real name)was just done helping one of his friend "john doe" (not real name, who drives a porsche cayenne) move to another place, this is 10 blocks or less to a local firearm/range that we all probably have frequent or a few times made a trip. at around 9pm they proceed to there car that are par in front of there houses, as john bro was in his infinity 2 door just both certified preowned less than a month ago, he saw john doe(his friend)park just about infront of him, he saw 2 guys came up to his car and his friend end up stepping out. john bro got curious what was going on and wanted to step out of his car and ask what was going on, before john bro open the door, guy knocks at the passengerside window and said put the window, he puts the window down and guy says get out of the car. john bro was going to take off but realized another guy next to him has a gun pointed at him and that the guy at the passenger side has a gun pointed at him as well. he step out of his car, they took his 80dollars his cigarettes, iphone 4 and car as for john doe, they took his money as well and the car.

i feel bad that this happen to a person that i know, thank god that no one got hurt.

just to add, there is a laid off newark police officer that use to work with us before he became a newark police and laid off that lives on the same street a few houses away. these guys are most likely ready to shoot anyone, and we can only be careful so much.

Where did this happen, exactly?

I'd like to know which areas to avoid.

North Jersey...

Now, there's a surprise. :icon_rolleyes:

Seriously, it's no longer matters where you live. This world is full of nut-cases and they are no longer confined to any single area. Back in the day, if you stayed out of Camden and Newark, you were pretty much guaranteed being safe. Now, it just doesn't matter. Yes, if you're lucky enough to find yourself in a "good neighborhood" (whatever the hell that means nowadays), you've lessened your chances of a violent crime, however you're still at a higher risk than any other time in history.

A range in North Jersey? Either the Bullethole in Belleville or Patterson gunsmithing (or whatever it's called now) in Patterson. I somehow doubt this happened at Cherry Ridge or Tenafly, and there ain't many other ranges in North Jersey.

Thats horrible....

My grandmothers hair dresser's car was stolen about a week ago from right here in cape may(NCM to be exact). Luckily he was inside asleep at the time. When you live down here you dont even really think of that stuff as a possibility.... maybe in wildwood or the villas but still. Its a bit of a reality check

I think the OP's post indicates that this happened in Newark... Why drive around in a Porsche (or any luxury car) in a filthy shytehole like Newark anyway? That's like begging to get car-jacked.

I feel bad for the guy or guys that got jacked... That really sucks. Glad to hear that nobody got hurt.

I think the OP's post indicates that this happened in Newark... Why drive around in a Porsche (or any luxury car) in a filthy shytehole like Newark anyway? That's like begging to get car-jacked.

I feel bad for the guy or guys that got jacked... That really sucks. Glad to hear that nobody got hurt.

That's a bit disrespectful, don't you think?

That really sucks. Maybe he should have moved a little further. OASN I usually call friends with trucks, not Porches, when I move.

Seriously, it's no longer matters where you live. This world is full of nut-cases and they are no longer confined to any single area. Back in the day, if you stayed out of Camden and Newark, you were pretty much guaranteed being safe. Now, it just doesn't matter. Yes, if you're lucky enough to find yourself in a "good neighborhood" (whatever the hell that means nowadays), you've lessened your chances of a violent crime, however you're still at a higher risk than any other time in history.

I don't know about overall violent crime rates but murder rates are about what they were in the 50s and half of what they were in the 70s.

That really sucks. Maybe he should have moved a little further. OASN I usually call friends with trucks, not Porches, when I move.

I don't know about overall violent crime rates but murder rates are about what they were in the 50s and half of what they were in the 70s.

I'd be curious to see those official stats. Can you point me to them? I'm skeptical as to their accuracy.

So then i ask you, Why bother having anything nice at all?

don't be ignorant.. Downtown Newark has stadiums and performing arts centers, some really good restaurants. Now, I would never go there giving the state of the city, Newark is going down hill after all the $$$ they dumped into pepping up the city and getting these "luxury" folks to come and spend there cash. We used to go to Devil's games all the time, i havnt even seen the new stadium. The city really shot it's self in the foot this time. All i know is, i'm glad i dont have to go there anymore for school. My one rule for driving in newark, dont stop... Unless your at a major intersection, and leave plenty of room if you have to stop to make an escape.. And watch whats going on around you..

My one rule for driving in newark, dont stop... Unless your at a major intersection, and leave plenty of room if you have to stop to make an escape.. And watch whats going on around you..

1st Rule, don't look scared and don't try and be someone your not but do carry yourself like you belong there and 99.999% of the time you will have no problems at all.