usnmars

Where are you from and what do you shoot most?

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in suburbs or in a rural area?

• Suburbs or urban
    • Rural
  2. 2. What do you shoot most rifle or pistol

• Rifle
    • Pistol

I just had a educated debate with one of our engineers on the rig. We were discussing the correlation of where a firearms enthusiast is from and what they shoot the most. His argument seemed that people that live in urbanized or suburban areas are more pistol shooters mostly for defense while rural people tend to shoot long guns more and practice for hunting purposes. I had to disagree, and say there isn't any real relationship between where your residence is and what you shoot. So I figured I would do a little poll and see what the results are, either way it should be interesting.

I'd agree. Though I live in a rural area, there are too many houses around me to shoot rifle/shotgun. So I mostly go to my local range which is handgun only. I know a few who own farms and more land and they tend to shoot their AR's, shotguns, and go hunting more often than I am able to.

I'd agree. Though I live in a rural area, there are too many houses around me to shoot rifle/shotgun. So I mostly go to my local range which is handgun only. I know a few who own farms and more land and they tend to shoot their AR's, shotguns, and go hunting more often than I am able to.

+1

I will disagree. I think that personal prefrence doesn't depend on region. By his logic does that mean that most handgun hunters are from the city areas? I shoot IDPA and steel the most (Pistol Sports) and have done some handgun hunting. I live in Rural Cape May County.