reloaderguy

Bloomberg slanders gun law victim

Someone said it was probably powdered aspirin, as that's what people around there carry. Whoever said that, was right. I've never heard of powdered aspirin. It certainly isn't something used in NE Ohio where i'm from nor in NJ.

Bloomberg knew this and still slandered the woman. I really hope she sues that piece of garbage.

• Like 1

Not to whitewash Bloomberg, but I think that he simply repeated the cocaine accusation based on the information which NYPD gave him. I am absolutely ready to believe that NY's Finest jumped on the opportunity to declare that Mrs. MGraves carried cocaine, and then conveniently chose not to refute that for as long as it was possible.

Either way, he owes her a personal apology.

Someone said it was probably powdered aspirin, as that's what people around there carry. Whoever said that, was right. I've never heard of powdered aspirin. It certainly isn't something used in NE Ohio where i'm from nor in NJ.

Bloomberg knew this and still slandered the woman. I really hope she sues that piece of garbage.

Down in North Carolina they have "Goody's Headache Powder", I am betting that is just owdered aspirin?

Down in North Carolina they have "Goody's Headache Powder", I am betting that is just owdered aspirin?

You'd be partially correct. It is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol) and caffeine. Kinda weird how you see it down south but rarely up here.

"It is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol) and caffeine. Kinda weird how you see it down south but rarely up here."

Up here it is called extra strength excedrin. For you aging athletes who want to feel twenty five again...take two before your event. It works great.

"It is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol) and caffeine. Kinda weird how you see it down south but rarely up here."

Up here it is called extra strength excedrin. For you aging athletes who want to feel twenty five again...take two before your event. It works great.

This is what i use for headaches, it's just about the only thing that works for me, i get migranes and have used just about every over the counter asprine, and this stuff is some gooood stuff. hehe.

Bayer had a powdered aspirin with caffeine. I have some now.

You would think each dose of BC would be labeled. I find it hard to beleive that it was a plain white tube. They are packed like single serve powdered drinks.

It could have been labeled. But you know the deal...Mega sesationalism to justify their exsistance.

Thing is, she probably could have a case here for suing him. The way he said it, it really sounds like he believes she was in possession of drugs.

Would be a tough one. Proving damage would be difficult because it coincides with another reputation damaging event, namely being arrested for illegally carrying a weapon. It would also be difficult to prove Bloomberg acted with malice/negligence. He will argue he was going with the best information he had at the time.

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/new-york-defamation-law

First thing the officers do is a feild test on a narcotics, when it came up negative for cocain they just figured it must be cocain.... what? lolz.

Field test?? What is that? lol.. I do not know what the report says from the NYPD or how they do things but we do not do field tests.. We look at what you have and put what we "believe" it is.. For example.. If you have a dime bag we put that we recovered a small glassine bag containing a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana.. Or we covered a white powdery substance believed to be cocaine.. It would be my guess that this is what the NYPD wrote in their report but without the report we don't know... Either way it was wrong to jump to the conclusion without the lab results..

Field test?? What is that? lol.. I do not know what the report says from the NYPD or how they do things but we do not do field tests.. We look at what you have and put what we "believe" it is.. For example.. If you have a dime bag we put that we recovered a small glassine bag containing a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana.. Or we covered a white powdery substance believed to be cocaine.. It would be my guess that this is what the NYPD wrote in their report but without the report we don't know... Either way it was wrong to jump to the conclusion without the lab results..

I second that. I have never seen nor done any field testing. It just isnt done. Everything is an " alleged " substance until lab results are done.

There are drug feild test availible, and i have seen them used. Very simple, drop sample in bag, and it turns color quickly for a positive result. Why would you not use something like this should be the question.... i dont think playing the guessing game is a very good stratagy.

http://www.policeone.com/drug-interdiction-narcotics/articles/1697685-NYPD-wants-more-drug-field-testing/

There are drug feild test availible, and i have seen them used. Very simple, drop sample in bag, and it turns color quickly for a positive result. Why would you not use something like this should be the question.... i dont think playing the guessing game is a very good stratagy.

http://www.policeone.com/drug-interdiction-narcotics/articles/1697685-NYPD-wants-more-drug-field-testing/

they are presumptive tests. you still need actual lab tests using scientific instruments for a confirmatory test.

they are presumptive tests. you still need actual lab tests using scientific instruments for a confirmatory test.

I am aware that they are preliminary tests. Still better then playing the guessing game. Instead of an officer writing a blank opnionated statement in a report, I believe the substance is....., he can instead write, field test resulted in a positive for.... and add that further verification will be done at the state lab.

I'm sure you guys know better then me, and im sure 95% of the time what u claim a substance to be is exactly that, or something similar, i mean what else do people transport in those "dime" bags. However, you get these cases ever once in a while where people are wrongfull accused of having a substance that looks like a drug, when in fact it is not a controlled drug. I know people who have been arrested for having asprine in a baggy, it's not uncommon for people to put pills into bags, why carry around an entire bottle when u only need a few. And with a large E stamped on a white pill(excedrine) a cop could easily mistake that for something like X.