siderman

Lucianos-Lodi

Thats awesome news! Luciano (the son) sold me his S&W model 41 years ago. It was the last day of my pistol permit and I was just window shopping at the gun store. He asked me what I was looking for and what I wanted to spend. I told him and 10 minutes later I was the new owner of his old 22. He sold it to me for an excellent price too. What Im saying is that I have always had a positive experience the few times I have been to Lucianos and I expect that same customer service will carry over to the new enterprise in Woodland Park.

kind of ironic that the most direct route from my house lets me transport my un-loaded and in-accesable guns thru the armpits of Paterson.

There are plenty of ways around paterson, and in fact it takes much longer to drive through paterson then to just go around it on 46 or 20 depending which side your on. I always laugh when people say they drove through the ghetto then tell me the parkway dumped them on 20, that is not the ghetto.

There are plenty of ways around paterson, and in fact it takes much longer to drive through paterson then to just go around it on 46 or 20 depending which side your on. I always laugh when people say they drove through the ghetto then tell me the parkway dumped them on 20, that is not the ghetto.

oh I know plenty ways to go around paterson i just did a quick google to see where the purple line took me.. For me the actuall drive loops around on 20-46 same time as stop/go thru side streets.

I don't think West Paterson has opened their doors yet. And I was at Lodi ~2 months ago and other then ammo the shelves were pretty bare. But the owner is a real cool dude just to talk to, and he can order you whatever you want, fast and at a good price!

Nino!! .. it's been 7 days... any updates ? .. i drove by today (not on purpose, was just passing that area), and saw a lot of trucks and scaffolds in front of the place... was that all for the shop/range?

I was in the Lodi shop yesterday and talked to Steve and Joe for a bit. They said most of the inventory has already been moved and what's left will make its way over in a week or two. I'd guess the new storefront will be up in a few weeks.

Nino,

Have you started nailing down the rules for your range yet?

Rifles? what size?

Ammo? what bullets? what cases? reloads?

Memberships? Pricing? Special hours?

etc.

Just wondering. I know RTSP took in a lot of comments from this forum and actually got a pretty good list of policies.

Of all their policies the only one that is a pain is no steel/aluminum cased ammo - makes it more expensive go to the range, but I guess they are sweeping up the brass and reselling it. I'm not sure if outlawing cheap steel/aluminum cased ammo gets people to buy their ammo more; if you are going to think ahead enough to buy steel cased then just as well buy PMB Bronze or something like that. Maybe if RTSP allowed steel/aluminum cased they could sell it there, at a cheaper price, and still make the same profit. And RTSP does allow reloads, which is nice (I don't reload, but maybe someday.)

Anyway, just curious as to where you are in the process and what you are thinking.

FamilyMan

Took a walk over to view the progress. Exterior looks pretty much done just needs some signs. Interior is getting close. The showroom looks to be a good size.

Store is the entrance on the Left

post-1653-0-45136100-1333585852_thumb.jpg

Range is the entrance on the right

post-1653-0-84007600-1333585866_thumb.jpg

Only concern is parking. There doesn't really look like there is much room to park,

Took a walk over to view the progress. Exterior looks pretty much done just needs some signs. Interior is getting close. The showroom looks to be a good size.

Store is the entrance on the Left

post-1653-0-45136100-1333585852_thumb.jpg

Range is the entrance on the right

post-1653-0-84007600-1333585866_thumb.jpg

Only concern is parking. There doesn't really look like there is much room to park,

The range is not on the right the building next to it will be and it's getting knocked down. Also the plans that I have there 125 parking spots for customers.

Yes should be April 23. Just waiting in nj state police inspection

Sounds good! I'm looking to get a few things, as someone else mentioned a discount for NJGF members would be uber sweet. :D

Sounds good! I'm looking to get a few things, as someone else mentioned a discount for NJGF members would be uber sweet. :D

Yes we discussed it njgf will get discount. We will have uppers lower lowers parts reloading stuff knives scopes plenty don't want to ruin the grand opening

What's the exact address of this place? I'd like to go see it.

It's not open yet. Exact address I'm not sure, but take the Mcbride ave. exit off Rt. 46 West(Right turn). It's next to a carwash, before the stoplight. Across from a Shell(?) gas station.

1265 mcbride ave. west paterson

It's supposed to open next Monday (23rd) from what Nino wrote above. Which is perfect, day after my birthday, I need to get myself a couple presents! Lol.