Sivl32

Double Barrel 1911.....3822? idk just look

Looks like a really expensive collector piece. I like the fact that they did a true lefty which takes a lot of maching and engineering, but other than the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!" factor, I'm not loving it.

C

In the pictures it shows 2 triggers. Id be MUCH more impressed if they were running it off of 1 trigger.

Can't it would be an NFA weapon that as it would fire more then once with one trigger pull, betting thats why they picked two triggers.

Anyway, not as impressive as the bolt action double barrel rifle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0s21VAJdCM

People are really ripping on it in the comments section. Personally

if it's marketed as a novelty I say why not. If they're saying it's for

carry or some type of defensive/competitive use then that would be

way off.

As much as people hate it you know everyone wants to give it a try.

I sure do.

so, when you get a fte or ftf on one side, will the other side still fire?

will the slide still cycle with just one side firing?

I thought the same thing. I don't believe so, because the slide appears to be one piece.

Which leads me to another question. What happens if you don't pull both triggers at EXACTLY the same time. Wouldn't the side that got the second trigger pull simply eject the live round, because the slide was coming back before the hammer went down?

I thought the same thing. I don't believe so, because the slide appears to be one piece.

Which leads me to another question. What happens if you don't pull both triggers at EXACTLY the same time. Wouldn't the side that got the second trigger pull simply eject the live round, because the slide was coming back before the hammer went down?

I have to wonder even with the 2 triggers if they operate independently from one another. While unlikely to happen, I would think if they did there then there would be a chance that you could have a possible late strike on one side of the gun as it's going out of battery. While I say unlikely, but a millisecond difference could be problematic.

As far as the slide, yea I am seeing the same thing, and have to think that if you had a round that didn't go off on one side as the other side fires and the slide goes back it would eject the unfired round.

Now would I own one, maybe if I got it as a gift, would I buy one, nope, do I want to try it out, sure, who doesn't like to try out new guns.. :icon_mrgreen:

Can't it would be an NFA weapon that as it would fire more then once with one trigger pull, betting thats why they picked two triggers.

Must be a NFA weapon then, because the hammer is all one piece. Pulling one trigger would fire both chambers.

I'm not a fan of beaver tails, firing pin safety's, and not even 9mm 1911's, but I would make an exception for this monster for my collection :D

It might have 2 triggers so you can actually reach the trigger due to the girth of the grip. If it's one trigger it has to sit in the middle of the frame unless the gun is lefty or righty only. Notice the hammers are connected so both rounds will go off at the same time. So I think you can pull on either trigger and it will fire both rounds.

And here come the PSH's....

MSN story:

A few excerpts:

How convenient! Someone has finally invented a weapon that combines the killing power of a double-barreled shotgun with the portability of a handgun.

The new gun, which can be ordered with one trigger or two, can hit a target the size of an orange 15 yards away and has the power to knock down a bull.

Killing power of a double-barreled shotgun, eh? So now the .45 ACP is as powerful as a 12-gauge, eh? And apparently a pump shotgun only has 1/2 the killing power of a SxS or O/U because it only has one barrel

Can hit a target the size of an orange at 15 yds? IPSC guns (which shoot the same .45 ACP round) can hit a quarter at 25 yds.

And the power to knock down a bull? Really? If two .45 ACP rounds could "knock down a bull", then the recoil would send the shooter flying backward when he pulls the trigger. But I guess anti-gun MSN knows more than Newton...

That's the old model.

Here's the newer 7644 with the ability to send 920 grains at the target with each trigger pull.

This is truly a "game changer".

i-3nGQbHt.jpg

Ah! Take me off the list for the double barrel, I want this!