Sign in to follow this  
PeteF

Are you s$%ting me? Enough Already!

Just got this email. The zombie stuff was funny for a while but this is out of control.

The Hornady Lock-N-Load® Ammo Plant represents the ultimate reloading setup for maximum production in shorter sessions. Built around the intuitive Lock-N-Load® bushing system, this 5-station Auto Progressive (AP) press is accompanied by the Lock-N-Load® Bullet Feeder, Lock-N-Load® Case Feeder and a host of other tools and feature-rich accessories. AND--for this special auction, it's tricked out in zombie attire!

http://e2ma.net/map/view=CampaignPublic/id=24014.11799082849/rid=61b38853bc8446ba3916d7a25ab82e42

auction-footer.jpg

I have fun with the whole zombie theme, but that is a bit corny.

I will say though remove the zombie images and keep the green

paint job and it'd look pretty nice.

Hornady is in business to make money. If they don't make more money than they spend to produce their products, they go out of business. That's the concept of capitalism. Quit hating, hop off their nuts, and don't buy the products if you don't like them.

Hornady is in business to make money. If they don't make more money than they spend to produce their products, they go out of business. That's the concept of capitalism. Quit hating, hop off their nuts, and don't buy the products if you don't like them.

I like the products Hornady makes. I'd like to see them around for a long time. When a company starts with this gimmicky crap they start to loose quality which in turn LOOSES their customer base. (See KImber, Sig Sauer etc)

Loose your long time (not 1 shot gimmick buyers) and you are toast.

So I'll jump on there nuts and complain. And yes. I did send a email to Hornady to voice my opinion.

I like the products Hornady makes. I'd like to see them around for a long time. When a company starts with this gimmicky crap they start to loose quality which in turn LOOSES their customer base. (See KImber, Sig Sauer etc)

Loose your long time (not 1 shot gimmick buyers) and you are toast.

So I'll jump on there nuts and complain. And yes. I did send a email to Hornady to voice my opinion.

But where do you see the quality of their products falling? Their zombie max ammo is the SAME as critical defense, and is priced the same. The only difference is the color of the tip, and the design on the box. This reloading setup is just colored differently, and has a couple stickers on it. I'm no expert on reloading, but it looks like the regular version of this setup is worth $500, plus a couple add-ons? So for a different color paint, and a couple stickers, they increased the sale price by roughly 300%. That's impressive if you ask me, there aren't too many companies that can do that. On top of that, they're taking ALL the profits from this sale, and supporting the USA shooting team in the 2012 Olympics. So not only are they using innovative ways to make more profits, they're using those profits to promote and support our sport. I see no negative.

Let me also clarify that although my initial post was quite confrontational, it was not directed at any one person. It was just a general statement.

If this inspires someone to get into reloading who otherwise wouldn't have, I think it's cool. Besides, it's just a paint job. Your knocking on a product based on how it looks. Kind of like what the anti's do when they bag on "assault weapons", since those are defined by their cosmetic features as well. If it doesn't blow your skirt up then don't buy it. But don't knock the company for trying to broaden their market base.

But where do you see the quality of their products falling? Their zombie max ammo is the SAME as critical defense, and is priced the same. The only difference is the color of the tip, and the design on the box. ...

Have to admit I bought some zombie max at Cabela's a couple of weeks ago as it was priced $2/box LESS than the critical defense. Still feel a twinge of shame when I look at the boxes though...

Honestly, it looks like a very limited if not a one off press. Although that has to be the lamest thing i've ever seen. It's already 2x the price of the red and it is nothing more then green paint and some really stupid decals. Hell, just friggen buy one, paint it green and buy some stickers, save yourself a grand. I see it is for charity, that's about the only reason i would buy it.