Mikeythumbs

400 to 500 dollar 9mm

Hey I am looking for suggestions on a mid priced 9 mm. I know most if you are going to say glock

And I am not against glocks just want to know if there are any other choices.

P.s. if anyone looking to sell something used give me a holler. Also not looking for compact want something I can shoot in uspsa and have fun with at the range

I've held some fantastic used smith an wesson 5906 police trade ins. They can be had for 300-400

I held a bunch of polymer 9s and many I just didn't like. Then I held the ruger p95. Grips felt nice and big. It had weight to it (the px4 felt like a feather to me and I hated it)

Also NIB a p95 is under 400.00

I bought it. Maybe you should.

I have to say that I believe your best bang is gonna be in the glock, m&p and ppq range. These guns can all be had new in that range. Loads of stuff for these guns, well not the ppq yet but the glock 17 and the mp9 have a ton of stuff out there for them.

If you want something specifically for uspsa, then you're choices start to narrow a bit. A simple cz75, m&p9L and glock 34 will be your most common choices. There's lots outside of that that is also eligible but the pricing and/or support might notmeet your requirements..

There are plenty of options, used. It would really depend on what you want and what is available at the time. It would depend on your hand size and your preference, polymer or plastic. And, if you want versatility, or a range gun, etc., and what you already have.

New, I would say a Stoeger Cougar or a Ruger SR9C are possibly your best value. Used, you should be able to find a Glock, XD, S&W M&P, CZ, or Beretta within your price range.

There was a compact CZ for sale in the forum that I believe was under $500 and might be a nice option, and quite versatile, if you like hammer-fired guns. A S&W M&P Shield could be had for about $500 out the door, a local gun shop has a used Glock 26 for $400 out-the-door.

Your best value will most likely be to buy something used at a reasonable price that can be resold.

Might be willing to let go of my Beretta 92S if you are interested in something like that. Just not sure what the procedure is for selling used guns in NJ... Haven't done it in decades...

I am also doing research for the same thing.

Here is what I have found.

Sig 2022

S&W MP

Glock (I owned one and won't do that again)

Walther PPQ (a little over the budget)

XD (I have one in 45 and love it, so a 9 is possible)

Rugers, P95, P94, P89, P85. (I own a P94 in 40 and really enjoy it)

I just picked up a S&W 5906 (used). Good gun.

Now that it has been to the range, I will officially recommend the Ruger P95.

New in box, it seems to have the very best bang for the buck. It IS hammer fired, not striker and it is DA/SA, but it felt as nice if not nicer than any plastic fantastic in that price point that I've held.

Plus, it's a Ruger. It's a tank.