SgtToadette

Anybody know some good documentaries?

I'm a sucker for documentaries and love watching a good one more than any other genre of movie. I've seen some of Michael Moore's stuff and that was okay. I've seen Food Inc., The Corporation, and Walmart: The High Cost of the Low Price. They were all good. Just looking for some more.

What good one have you guys seen?

I'd recommend "Man on Wire" which is about the guy who tightrope walked at the top of the Twin Towers back in 1974. Goes from their planning to execution to what happened afterwards. More interesting that you might think...

Also worth a look is "Restrepo" in which some embedded journalists (one of whom is Sebastian Junger who wrote the book, A Perfect Storm, from which the movie was based on) follows a platoon deployed to the Korengal valley in the Hellmand province of Afganistan.

"This Film is Not Yet Rated" was good. "Gasland" "Windfall" +1 "Restrepo."

If you want the Dutch version of Restrepo, go with "Armadillo." "Super Size Me" as also very good.

Well, search youtube for ufo documentaries (they are fun to watch)

Nat'l Geographic has so e good one's like Hitler's Stealth Bomber the Horten something ..... Very interesting, that one.

That's why I love youtube, plus the recommended vids will take you to new places. Of course firearms documentaries tickle the fancy of some of those on this site.

Check out Ken Burns. I watched the War which was about WWII. Also did a great documentary on the civil war. You can probably get both at the local library or netflix.

+1 Everything Ken Burns does is factual, personal and perfectly produced. Also, if you are a Jazz fan/historian. His CD's are a walk through America's music invention.

Restrepo

The Thin Blue Line

Roger and Me

Weed

Baseball, The Civil War, The War by Ken Burns

Nanook of the north

Endurance

One Day in September

Winged Migration

Woodstock

The War Room

Fog of War

Capturing the Friedmans

Born into Brothels

Street Fight

Murderball

Heavy Metal in Baghdad

Operation Homecoming

Dont know if it qualifies as a documentary , but on YouTube there is a channel YouTube.com/vice and they have a series called "Thumbs Up" Hitchhiking across America its pretty awesome and the channel also has tons of other very interesting documentaries deff worth checking out