reloaderguy

Arizona gun dealer tells Obama voters, 'Turn around and leave!'

I don't agree.

If and when any anti-firearm bill comes along , it will take liberal, conservative and independant gun owners to defeat it. Differences aside, we are still Americans and we ALL have a right to own and bear arms.

No one is saying that those folks can't keep and bear arms. He is simply saying that they must take their business elsewhere. That's his right as a business owner.

C

I guess you can not expect much more from red neck country bumpkin thinking........ I guess that gun shop owner is just crying like a little baby that his boy lost....boo hoo. We had a crack head, cocaine taking alcoholic for 8 years and I bet no one ever turned away a "W" supporter. And for someone to say that they hope it becomes a trend well what can you say to that except that I hope you get well soon.

No one is saying that those folks can't keep and bear arms. He is simply saying that they must take their business elsewhere. That's his right as a business owner.

C

+1. This was still America (altho barely) last time I checked.

I guess you can not expect much more from red neck country bumpkin thinking........ I guess that gun shop owner is just crying like a little baby that his boy lost....boo hoo. We had a crack head, cocaine taking alcoholic for 8 years and I bet no one ever turned away a "W" supporter. And for someone to say that they hope it becomes a trend well what can you say to that except that I hope you get well soon.

Do you ever add anything of use to this forum? From what I can see, the answer is no. And I am no W Bush fan, so my statement has nothing to do with politics.

You sound mad.

To the actual topic of discussion here:

I don't agree with the owner, but he reserves the right to deny sales to anyone he wants. Although a strong case of discrimination could be made against him.

I think there are better ways to handle said situation like inviting liberal voters to come and try shooting instead of acting like a child about it.

It doesn't really matter though. Its not like he actually knows who voted for whom. Just another "statement".

You sound mad.

I don't agree with the owner, but he reserves the right to deny sales to anyone he wants. Although a strong case of discrimination could be made against him.

Mad? I am not mad at anyone.

You sound mad.

Doubt it. How you voted isn't a protected class.

Kinda like how in the past some business turned away colored people from bars/restaurants/facilities/transportation?

Of course, it is his perogative, but man! I thought we were better people than this!

C

Kinda like how in the past some business turned away colored people from bars/restaurants/facilities/transportation?

Of course, it is his perogative, but man! I thought we were better people than this!

I though we were "better" people than this too but........

Its a private business, it for something that is not medical care, or food. He is loosing money on the sales, but his right to.

As much as they had the right to vote for whom they wanted, the gun store owner has the right not to do business with them.

Its a private business, it for something that is not medical care, or food. He is loosing money on the sales, but his right to.

As much as they had the right to vote for whom they wanted, the gun store owner has the right not to do business with them.

I don't think anyone is debating his right to do so. Just sounds asinine. But like I said its not as if he's checking voter registration cards at the door (I hope)

I don't agree with it. I respect his right to deny them business, but it'd probably be a better idea to get the people who voted for Obama more involved with firearms (not saying voting for Obama means you are automatically not knowledgable or experienced with firearms, I know a few who voted for him who enjoy shooting).

As a guy who voted for Obama the first time and Romney the second, I think that the sign should say:

"IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA OR ARE A LIBERAL, YOU WILL GET A FREE NRA FIRST STEPS HANDGUN LESSON INSIDE."

We can try to force our ideology on people, but the best way of changing minds is for people to change their minds themselves.

Do you know what I did on election night? I took a new Citizen, a Hungarian immigrant, shooting for the first time. She loved it. We change minds one range trip at a time.

As a guy who voted for Obama the first time and Romney the second, I think that the sign should say:

"IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA OR ARE A LIBERAL, YOU WILL GET A FREE NRA FIRST STEPS HANDGUN LESSON INSIDE."

We can try to force our ideology on people, but the best way of changing minds is for people to change their minds themselves.

Do you know what I did on election night? I took a new Citizen, a Hungarian immigrant, shooting for the first time. She loved it. We change minds one range trip at a time.

+1 Thats awesome.

I wish the guy gave a little more explanation as to why... Is it because of the "obama wants to take your guys" stance? If so, that's kinda a shallow argument. I find it hard to believe that is why he did it, people who voted for Obama because they don't like guns wont be shopping in gun stores anyway.. so why? Romney wasn't pro-gun anyway, not to mention nothing is going to happen in regards for the next 2 years.

Mad? I am not mad at anyone.

I think he meant mad, as in crazy.

No need for ad hominem attack against W, and it is kind of a non sequitor anyway.

Does anyone think there may be constitutional issues involved with this though? Is there a constitutional basis to force a retailer to do business based on the 2A rights of the customer? Businesses can practice "censorship" to some extent, but many retailers and malls are seen as a place of public accomodation where discriminatory practices are illegal, and some businesses are even prevented from banning certain demonstration/speech if it is deemed a quasi-public space, or place of public accomodation.

I can sympathize with the business owner's rights, but is he also violating the 2A rights based on political ideology?

Look at all the free advertising he is now getting....

THIS!!

For every whiny liberal who is offended by the signs in his store, he is going to get two people who agrees with him and will frequent his store because they like his attitude.