Caine

School shooting in CT

If they grandfather in existing weapons (NJ did NOT last time, from what I understand?), I'll deal with that, lay low until it sunsets.

If they DON'T grandfather, (see thread on Feinstein's proposal, banning POSSESSION), that's a whole 'nuther story.

As far as I could tell by reading her proposal she would grandfather people. Her language ssay as follows: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says she will introduce a gun-control bill on the first day of the next Congress: "It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession -- not retroactively, but prospectively --" of "assault weapons" as well as high-capacity magazines.

By not retroactuvely I believe that means what happend in the past will remain and that prospectively means what will happen in the future. can't say what NJ will do but I do know a bunch of folks will probably move or give the guns to relatives out of state (yes illegial I know)

If they grandfather in existing weapons (NJ did NOT last time, from what I understand?), I'll deal with that, lay low until it sunsets.

If they DON'T grandfather, (see thread on Feinstein's proposal, banning POSSESSION), that's a whole 'nuther story.

As far as I could tell by reading her proposal she would grandfather people. Her language ssay as follows: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says she will introduce a gun-control bill on the first day of the next Congress: "It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession -- not retroactively, but prospectively --" of "assault weapons" as well as high-capacity magazines.

By not retroactuvely I believe that means what happend in the past will remain and that prospectively means what will happen in the future. can't say what NJ will do but I do know a bunch of folks will probably move or give the guns to relatives out of state (yes illegial I know)

Hey NRA where are you guys! Give us a sign???

Here they are. Press Conf on Friday.

Their facebook is back on

https://www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation?rf=106565656045650

National Rifle Association shared a link.

2 hours ago

The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

Interesting possible development, although there is no official source on this yet so consider it a rumor for the moment:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/did-sandy-hook-spree-killer-try-the-newtown-high-school-first/

We’re hearing reports from credible sources that spree killer Adam Lanza first went to Newtown High School before driving his Honda over to Sandy Hook Elementary school.

Allegedly, there’s a video of his arrival and departure in the high school parking lot.

Also reported: Lanza opened the trunk of his car, noticed the School Resource Officer nearby, closed his trunk and left.

I feel wrong even thinking their is a conspiracy going on because of the children involved. I don't think i'm alone either. I have watched some videos of what happened that day and things don't add up. Who was the guy in cammo running in the woods that they arrested? I would hate to think our government had some sort of role in this, but after the fast and furious scandle, I don't know what to think.

I feel wrong even thinking their is a conspiracy going on because of the children involved. I don't think i'm alone either. I have watched some videos of what happened that day and things don't add up. Who was the guy in cammo running in the woods that they arrested? I would hate to think our government had some sort of role in this, but after the fast and furious scandle, I don't know what to think.

There's many people in your boat. Questions need to be answered. Too much doesn't add up here and nobody can clarify anything.

I know kinda makes you feel sick to your stomach that there might be more to the story.

....what about the multiple videos..showing the "parents" laughing then turning on the choked up trembling voice for the cameras...and the fact several were actors/members of the screen actors guild....newtown ct is like hollywood? if it was cali i could see it..but ct...seems like an odd coincindence

....what about the multiple videos..showing the "parents" laughing then turning on the choked up trembling voice for the cameras...and the fact several were actors/members of the screen actors guild....newtown ct is like hollywood? if it was cali i could see it..but ct...seems like an odd coincindence

This seems to make sense of it all: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

Snopes is just about as reliable as MSNBC.

For anyone who has a child, the laighing father is very damning.

Tears absolutely, anger definitely.

Laughing? Don't think so.

Sounds like you're moving the goalpost.

Snopes at least cites reliable sources which is more than a lot of people here care to do. I see a lot of chain-mail quality sources here and it makes us all look stupid for delving into the deepest and darkest corners of the internet. I can admit that MSNBC has its bias, but so does every other media outlet, especially and empirically FOX News.

I highly encourage people to do their own research, but take the time to identify your sources' credibility and follow their metaphorical bread crumbs. One man's laughter being used to support a greater conspiracy is quite the non sequitur.

Also: Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

Also: Occam's Razor ; TLDR The simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones.

I can't put any stock in the conspiracy theory angle. They tend to break down after you ask the simple questions: How many people had to in on the hoax to pull it off? And considering the greed present in today's society, why hasn't a single conspirator come forward in order to sell a book for a huge payday? Why go through the trouble of setting up an apparent tragedy when you can just wait for a real one to happen on it's own?

To each his own...

Sounds like you're moving the goalpost.

Snopes at least cites reliable sources which is more than a lot of people here care to do. I see a lot of chain-mail quality sources here and it makes us all look stupid for delving into the deepest and darkest corners of the internet. I can admit that MSNBC has its bias, but so does every other media outlet, especially and empirically FOX News.

I highly encourage people to do their own research, but take the time to identify your sources' credibility and follow their metaphorical bread crumbs. One man's laughter being used to support a greater conspiracy is quite the non sequitur.

Also: Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

Actually I don't trust any news source.

Msnbc does not just have a bias they have been caught manufacturing news on at least 3 occassions.

As to snopes, feel free to do a little research.

Heres a hint "baseball bats are used to kill more people a year than rifles" fact becomes at snopes "baseball bats kill more people than guns"

Have you watched the videos? Do so and draw your own conclusions.

There are a LOT of "facts" that do not hold water.

Sounds like you're moving the goalpost. Snopes at least cites reliable sources which is more than a lot of people here care to do. I see a lot of chain-mail quality sources here and it makes us all look stupid for delving into the deepest and darkest corners of the internet. I can admit that MSNBC has its bias, but so does every other media outlet, especially and empirically FOX News. I highly encourage people to do their own research, but take the time to identify your sources' credibility and follow their metaphorical bread crumbs. One man's laughter being used to support a greater conspiracy is quite the non sequitur. Also: Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

I'm in agreeance with Hitchens and Occam on this one. The government can't pull its head out of its ass long enough to agree on a budget let alone keep a conspiracy like that under wraps. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that the media isn't screwing us over by working with the government on this one to push gun control. If anyone was skeptical of the bias in media, it should be WHOLLY apparent now. I also believe that there may be some facts that have been obscured or embellished in order to sell the story better. All this nonsense would be over and done with if the media didn't choose to fill their stomachs with the blood of children.

I'm in agreeance with Hitchens and Occam on this one. The government can't pull its head out of its ass long enough to agree on a budget let alone keep a conspiracy like that under wraps. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that the media isn't screwing us over by working with the government on this one to push gun control. If anyone was skeptical of the bias in media, it should be WHOLLY apparent now. I also believe that there may be some facts that have been obscured or embellished in order to sell the story better. All this nonsense would be over and done with if the media didn't choose to fill their stomachs with the blood of children.

You and I agree. Unsupported claims should be dismissed regardless of whether it's coming from the conspiracy theorists or the major media outlets. Claims require affirmative evidence, not merely conjectures and inferences.

I can't put any stock in the conspiracy theory angle. They tend to break down after you ask the simple questions: How many people had to in on the hoax to pull it off? And considering the greed present in today's society, why hasn't a single conspirator come forward in order to sell a book for a huge payday? Why go through the trouble of setting up an apparent tragedy when you can just wait for a real one to happen on it's own?

and how many people do you think were involved with fast and furious

You and I agree. Unsupported claims should be dismissed regardless of whether it's coming from the conspiracy theorists or the major media outlets. Claims require affirmative evidence, not merely conjectures and inferences.

Doesn't it just make you wonder why the authorities never release the evidence? Where are the video tapes? The school had cameras, that is a fact that has been documented by people who went to the school and took pictures and video right after it happened. Heck, where are the video tapes from 9/11? There were several cameras that would have captured the plane striking the pentagon yet all we got was a few frames from one low quality camera. Why not release all of the other footage?

Let's assume the evidence in cases like this [the one's conspiracy theorists love] backs up the official story. Why don't they release the evidence? Perhaps they see the conspiracy movement as valuable in some way? Sort of like Alex Jones is an asset to the gov't. Half of the stuff he covers, FEMA camps, Chemtrails, etc is true but he does it in such a nutty way no one takes him seriously.

Ok so watching "Robbie parkers" laughing and the sayin "oh are we ready to start" then getting instantly trembling voice and choked up is explained as " people who just lost their child don't walk around sad nonstop".. Really?! Oh ok since "that" website says the others are lying the have to be telling the truth.... .. Lol..... Feinstein also said "slide fire" is a weapon( not a stock) ...that shoots 900 rnds a minute... So that must be true to?.. Its not normal behavior a day into a loss like that... A week a month a year sure maybe... But even then not when talking about the loss ... Just saying...

I'm not saying the govt killed 20 kids and it's a huge conspiracy.... But the official story doesnt add up...snopes said a swat/tactical officer running around in the woods playing army alone in the woods next to the school?.. Really?..that is ridiculous lol