JrzyGuy30

Should I be buying my AR now and stocking ammo?

Why do I have this inkling that I need to go take one of my credit cards and load it up with an AR and boxes of all different types of ammo I use?

I mean with all the places like Dicks, Cheaper than dirt and walmart sporting/firearms shutting down shop... Thoughts? Concerns?

I bought a complete AR last night F2F and have one sitting at Caso's paid in full, waiting on a NICs check to complete at Heritage Guild for a pistol and carbine.

I also picked up 2 cases of ammo at less than $400 per case (federal). Glad I did. I see the same cases going for 5-600 now. Can't find NJ legal ARs for reasonable money right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Too all those naysayer's that thought we, law abiding owners of AR's; Mini14's, M1A's, Garands, 10-22's, etc., were crazy to think our government would do this to us....a Big FU!!!

I am so pissed that I had $2k of car repairs in the last 3 weeks, otherwise I would've placed a large powder and primer order on 12/14. I hate being under-employed.

I got back into guns in 2010. I had no idea how unprepared I was until I hit the chat rooms back in 2010. I owned 2 handguns and two rifles, and around 50 rounds of ammo. I've had two years to stock up. Glad I did. The only thing I might buy right now is ammo when I go to the range. I don't want to shoot any of my supply. Lets see how ammo fits into this government feeding frenzy on gun control.

Do you know a ballpark price?

Depends which one I guess. I bought a spikes painted for like 140 right before this all happened. Marshall had some regular spikes. If say 125-130ish. They were carrying seekins and Mega billets before but didn't ask if they were in stock. They are probably in the mid 200's

I honestly thought about getting a couple to sell off when things get to a fever pitch but you know what, I don't want to contribute to this mess of a situation.

I was thiking about one lower just in case the wife wants to build her own AR but we already have enoguh black rifles and i also dont want to contribute to the whole mess.

Range Ammo.. still cheaper than buying from range and with our luck, Biden will limit ammo purchases to 20 rounds a month or something absurd.

I thought you meant .223 ......couldn't find any FMJ 223 on their website.

As for the ammo limitations............of 20 a month or similar i hope they dont draw inspiration from the former Yugoslavia.

In most of the succesor countries you are limited to 100 rounds a year for home use.....all FMJ only.

At the range you can shoot all you want , but cant take any home......only 100 rounds a year with the equivalent of an FID.

All of this has created an huge black market for bullets

I can’t comment on your gun buy however I was going to try and buy some additional 223/5.56 ammo, all the online vendors are wiped out. The only thing they have is match grade stuff and blanks. I called the local store tonight for 223/5.56 and they had some 223 and no 5.56, they were rationing 223 sales @ 5 boxes per purchase, what a mess

Holy Toledo! I had been going to A-n-A's website several times a week over the past couple of months pondering a Daniel Defense AR purchase for after the holidays. He had a pretty large selection of them along with several other brands and had been like that for some time. Just checked tonight and every last one of them are gone....POOF, just like that. As for ammo, I'm glad I had gotten a fair amount at the end of the summer into the fall for about 6.50 a box for PMC. Prices are absolutely nuts for .223 now. Scary times indeed. Yes, if you can find one, get it ASAP.