va_bank

Archery shop in NNJ?

Hey All,

Figured I'd ride out the current insanity by doing something I always wanted to do - take up archery. I did some research and I'm ready to buy a bow. I need recommendations for a Bowtech dealer who can also set up the bow for me without ripping me off. I know what the equipment costs are, but have little clue on everything else. Morris or Sussex counties preferred.

Thanks in Advance!

Strictly Archery in Washington, NJ is probably one of the best shops in the state. The guys at this shop are arguably the best bow techs in NJ, but they charge a little bit more than other shops. For the little bit of extra money you'll spend, you will definitely have a great experience with a top notch staff. They are not in Morris county, but not too far from it, depending on where in Morris County you are.

I've purchased a number of bows from Targeteers, most recent was a Mathews Monster couple months ago. Great place, they have everything so you will be able to touch and compare.

Rob is the owner and is very knowledgeable. I typically deal with him directly when I go although his staff isn't bad either.

Bought all my gear and spent most of my time practicing at Targeteers when I was a teen. High marks all around. Nice staff, real good selection and they know pretty much all there is to know about archery and any application (hunting, competition, etc.).

Sig Borstaad in Vernon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sig passed away in October. I'm unsure what that means for the shop. I went past the other day on my way to Mcafee hardware and there was a big sign on the door but I couldn't read it.

Garden State Bow and Reel on Route 23 ...good guys

Whoa, that's pretty close to me, thanks! (Gotta check out your shop too)

So far signed us up for a 1 hr. class at Targeteers on Feb. 17th. and on a waiting list for a 2 1/2 hr. class in Hertiage Guild in Branchburg, looks like no earlier than April. Looking to buy bows sometime between two of those dates.

Garden State Bow and Reel on Route 23 ...good guys

:negative: Don't like deano's work at all. Had a bow string break in the middle of hunting season. Took it to him, He said he could have it back in a couple days. I call a week later and they said he's on vacation for the next week and a half. Didn't get my bow back for 3 weeks. Then he couldn't get it to tune right on paper so he just said, it should be good enough to kill deer. Paid and will never go back.