mattio41

"GET OFF YOUR ASS" !!!!! Volunteers Needed

So they say January 19th is supposed to be Gun Appreciation Day. What we need is people to volunteer 2 hours of their time this weekend. We cant leave it all to Frank at NJ2AS to do everything. we all need to contribute. I spent two nights at the Outdoors show this weekend handing out flyers, and plan to spend a couple of hours this weekend at my home range passing out flyers. Who can help??

here is a direct link to download the flyer. http://www.shooterve...lly%20Flyer.jpg for the February 8th Rally. I will be at Shore Shot Pistol Range on Saturday from 4-6 pm. Please post on what hours you are available this weekend, and what range or gun store you can go to.

Just remember, if we all sit back and do nothing, we will just have the BS laws rammed down our throats like they just did in New York... Don't let it happen...

I ll print out and distribute this to

Hunterdon County:

Sportsmans Rendezvous

Boan s Marine

Somerset County

Lous Gun Shop

D&S Tactical Supply

Atlantic Tactical

Heritage Guild Branchburg

Northampton County PA

Heritage Guld Eason

Sarco

Let me know if any of these have flyers already

I ll print out and distribute this to

Hunterdon County:

Sportsmans Rendezvous

Boan s Marine

Somerset County

Lous Gun Shop

D&S Tactical Supply

Atlantic Tactical

Heritage Guild Branchburg

Northampton County PA

Heritage Guld Eason

Sarco

Let me know if any of these have flyers already

All we can ask, is that you pick something that is feasible for yourself. Pick one and spend an hour or two, and talk to the people coming in. Make sure they are aware of what is happening.

If any body wants to pick me up i can print out a bunch. i just had a second shoulder surgery and can't/allowed to drive. but id gladly hang out and print out as many as my printer can. I'm in Toms River

Considering I am on crutches with a broken ankle, we should look pretty funny together! You want to do shore shot with me in Saturday??

Heading to Mastadon Ammo & Cammo to pick up a lower on Sat and I can certainly bring some with me, but based on Nick's presence on the board and the interactions I've had with Joe, it's probably not necessary as they're definetly a shop that 'gets it' and are already doing their part.

I can definetly fit in a quick swing over to CR on Sat as well. I'll talk with the ROs and ask where I can post the flyers, and will put them up accordingly. Given the number of CR members on the baord, somebody may beat me to it, but I'll definetly go just to make sure.

BUMP to the top Adding this to all the threads...please pass the WORD... just got email from NJ2AS...bus numbers are way low . must fill by tomorrow...or no go and we all will be looking for parking in Trenton.

Any way to get extension on bus scheduling? Will be delivering message tonight to USANA members and have a fellow shooter taking a stack I made over to Quinton. They'll need time to digest and join in...

Left some flyers in mailboxes of guys that I know in town that shoot. Also posted some at the Bayonne range and handed a few out to people that were there. Left a bunch at Caso's as well.

What do you need people to do?

Any way to get extension on bus scheduling? Will be delivering message tonight to USANA members and have a fellow shooter taking a stack I made over to Quinton. They'll need time to digest and join in...

Have to ask Tom or a NJ2AS person. My suggestion was to possibly combine busses. Pick up in AC then go to Toms River etc.

I'm going to print out some as well, seems like everyone shooting at range 14 is not aware of what's going on, I will leave them on the counter and pass some on Saturday morning.

I will print a load tomorrow and pass them out at range 14 Saturday afternoon. Dental surgery prior so I don't know how well I will be able to talk it up!

If anyone in or near raritan center needs copies pm me. I have multiple xerox color printers at my disposal.

Can someone get onto NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs!?!? This will more widely distribute the message. I believe they're meeting tonight over Square Circle in Gibbsboro at 7:30 for the Camden Co. chapters, but I cannot get there as I'll be down at USANA. The Federation has a load of the State's private rod & gun/sportmen clubs in it!

For those of you who don't know about the Federation:

http://www.njsfsc.org/County-Chapters/

Guys spreading posters, print out this list of th 23 NJ Bills and provide it with them. I am finding once the list is read, the poster gets a lot more reception!

A-3645/S-2476 Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions.

A-3646/S-2474 Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.

A-3653 Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.

A-3659/S-2178 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

A-3664/S-2497 Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

A-3666/S-2465 Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

A-3667 Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm.

A-3668/S-2471 Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.

A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

A-3687/S-2485 Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm.

A-3689 Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card.

A-3690/S-2430 Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”

A-3704 Requires handgun ammunition to be encoded with serial number.

ACR-63/SCR-136 Urges President and Congress of United States to enact assault weapons ban including prohibition against large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

AJR-89/SJR-68 Urges President and US Senate to ratify Arms Trade Treaty proposed by United Nations.

AR-133/SR-97 Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden.

S-2464 Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.

S-2467 Prohibits State administered pension fund investment in manufacturers of firearms prohibited in New Jersey.

S-2475 Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

S-2492 Requires submission of certain mental health records to National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

SR-92 Urges Congress to strengthen gun control laws.

SR-96 Urges President and Congress to reauthorize assault weapons ban.