zoid

Change in competition participation since recent events?

Just seeing if you regular competitors have seen a drop in the number of shooters since

ammo has become more scarce due to the recent events.

I haven't shot a match in a very long time so seeing how/if the scene has been effected

at all.

I shoot 2 to 3 competitions between steel and uspsa spring, sumner, and fall. I rarely shoot matches in the winter. I'm in the cold a lot due to work so the last thing I want to do is stand around in the cold on my days off.

However components for reloading are very scarce, if I can't get them, I wont be shooting either. Once you start reloading its very hard to buy factory ammo.

It's cold.. 'nuff said.

This, you always see a drop in the winter months, but @ old bridge matches we ussually have a pretty good turn out, even today while like 14 degrees outside.

I'm sure once spring hits we will see an increase in new shooters for all the * new owners/buyers * in the recent months wanting to play with their toys.

I have not shot i a few months due to either being sick or being away on business.. I don't see existing shooters shoot less due to ammo crunch, as quite a few of the people reload..... however NEW Shooter participation will likely take a hit due to the fact that it is tougher to justify a match.

Put it this way, a local match will be around 150 to 200 rounds of ammo. So 3 or 4 boxes. If someone shoots 9mm...

Pre Crunch.

Match Fee - $20

Ammo $40 ($10 x 4 boxes)

Total $60 for the day.

Currently, a match would run you about $100 all in, not including gas, etc. Still beats shooting at paper at a Shore Shot or what not, (where if you rent or buy ammo you will easily spend a lot more)

So if you reload, most reloaders will carry a few months worth of supplies.... I know I am right now I am good for 6 to 9 months, and as long as I can pick up a few more boxes of primers, will be good for the next 12 months.

Powder is readily avail, bullets have a bit of a lead time on, but are avail. Brass is Brass. =) Primers are the weak link, however still there. I am down to about 6k small pistol primers, so bout 6 months of shooting. Worst case.... large pistol primers in a 45. hehe.

Where I can see bigger issues are the NRA high power guys, and other matches, where 223 just went from $.30 a round up to $1.20.

If you look, you were able to find 9mm for $10 a box, average in cost between wolf and federal.

ahh, yes... operative past tense.

It's gotta be rough for anybody wanting to shoot a uspsa match with factory 45 boxes going for around 30 dollars / 50. crazy.

ahh, yes... operative past tense.

It's gotta be rough for anybody wanting to shoot a uspsa match with factory 45 boxes going for around 30 dollars / 50. crazy.

That much? The past few stores I went to, and auction, 45 acp was readily avail for $25 a box. heh. yeah, $25 a box is already $100.

Just seeing if you regular competitors have seen a drop in the number of shooters since

ammo has become more scarce due to the recent events.

The events I've attended in the last month have been much fuller than usual for this time of year. I think people are exercising their 2A rights. The ammo shortage hasn't really affected people who shoot regularly. I don't know anyone who has to buy ammo when they attend an event, and really most people could probably attend events for years before they needed to buy more. Also, people who do shooting events tend to reload more than the average person, I suspect.

Hard for me to tell, I think today's match at OB was light because of the cold weather, but a lot who shoot that don't reload or properly stock ammo might be having a rough time with finding ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 37 people at the OB match, which given the weather was a larger turnout than I would have expected based on history. Heck, the last couple years the January match has wound up cnacelled due to weather. Same goes for the cancellation of the January match for CJ. However Jan was on par with your average winter match (32 vs. 34 for Feb 2011 Feb 2012 was viciously cold, we only ahd 16).

Based on previous shortages and runs on equipment and supplies, I'd suspect we'll see a 20% drop off in general until prices get back to something closer to normal. The only good news is that despite an uptick in copper, zinc, and lead prices since 1-15, they seem to be stabilizing instead of running away. Which means that manufacturers are only passing on a 10-20% jump in materials prices instead of 100-200% like one of the last shortages.

If there only 37 people why was registration closed so early saying it was full?

37 for USPSA? That's extremely low for Old Bridge even in cold weather.

I've seen almost 100 in the summer. I maybe shot one in the winter and

I know it was more than 37 ppl. That's like an indoor match.

Has been especially cold lately though.

Just out of curiosity: What time did you guys finish with only 37 shooters?

That's only like 5-6 guys a squad right?

37 for USPSA? That's extremely low for Old Bridge even in cold weather.

I've seen almost 100 in the summer. I maybe shot one in the winter and

I know it was more than 37 ppl. That's like an indoor match.

Has been especially cold lately though.

Just out of curiosity: What time did you guys finish with only 37 shooters?

That's only like 5-6 guys a squad right?

2PM, or a little after.