Tactical Turtle

I was cut off..

As long as I buy my wife the guns she wants she could care less what I buy for myself nor does she are what I spend. If I run out of ammo, THEN she will be pissed!

Its more of there is other things we need to spend my money on. She likes to shoot. The saiga I built is the only rifle that fits her well. I understand where she is coming from.. but its my money... I work the ot for it... so what should it matter... haha oh well when she wants me to build her an upper or buy her one ill be like you said no more until all my bills are gone hah

My wife "put her foot down" 10 handguns, 12 rifles and 2 shotguns ago. Yeah, I gotta say, that didn't work out so well for her I guess. LOL

She won't admit it but I think she just gave up and more or less ignores me now.

My wife tonight, and mind you she thinks we've spent too much on the kitchen remodel:

Redhead: "Hun, forgot to tell you I when I was at the range Friday morning I saw Skip and he had found a case of Rem UMC in .45 and 2 cases in .38 and had 10 boxes of 300 and 500 CCI primers he was going to put in the store. I just bought them all. Can you bring them is from the garage?

Me: Sure.

Redhead: "Hey, let's talk about the rifle. I want to keep the HBAR for me. Can you please scope it and add a bipod so I can bench on the 200yard? Buy yourself another one before they're gone."

Me: YES dear!

My only run of luck in life was finding my Irish redhead! :p

Good luck with the withdrawl!

Yes, some of us got lucky in that dept.

My wife "put her foot down" 10 handguns, 12 rifles and 2 shotguns ago. Yeah, I gotta say, that didn't work out so well for her I guess. LOL

She won't admit it but I think she just gave up and more or less ignores me now.

Been married for awhile, huh? You reading this Alec? ;)

Its more of there is other things we need to spend my money on. She likes to shoot. The saiga I built is the only rifle that fits her well. I understand where she is coming from.. but its my money... I work the ot for it... so what should it matter... haha oh well when she wants me to build her an upper or buy her one ill be like you said no more until all my bills are gone hah

Your money is HER money, her money is HER money. Your bills are YOUR bills, her bills are YOUR bills. Get used to that and all will be fine. ;)

Your money is HER money, her money is HER money. Your bills are YOUR bills, her bills are YOUR bills. Get used to that and all will be fine. ;)

^^^THIS!^^^

Don't you dare say a word about the $200 shoes or $500 pocket book and just be careful not to leave the $50 ammo receipt from the range over the weekend lying around!

Played the "Responsible Chap" telling the wife I refuse to buy any guns or ammo while prices are so high.. Her response "6 months from now when things settle down you can buy whatever you want". I think im playing both sides of the fence just fine :) Not that the buying has stopped if a decent deal comes about.

Played the "Responsible Chap" telling the wife I refuse to buy any guns or ammo while prices are so high.. Her response "6 months from now when things settle down you can buy whatever you want". I think im playing both sides of the fence just fine :) Not that the buying has stopped if a decent deal comes about.

I do just the opposite, "Holy crap, XYZ is seliing for $$$$$! I could have purchased it for 1/4 of that price just last month!" So the next time the prices are lower I can say "if I buy twice as much now I won't be spending 4x the price when the price goes up again."

I do just the opposite, "Holy crap, XYZ is seliing for $$$$$! I could have purchased it for 1/4 of that price just last month!" So the next time the prices are lower I can say "if I buy twice as much now I won't be spending 4x the price when the price goes up again."

great idea!!!

Great thred LOL. I am learning quite a bit from this as i have been married less than 2 years. Luckely for me i havent been cut off ........ yet. But i have figured out a bit on my owne. When ever i do any side work i always keep the cash tucked away and use that for my fun money. Also i have been keeping my wife in gun limbo, I take her shooting once and a while,enough that she enjoys it but i dont teach her enough to tell the difference between all my guns and i dont let her see the inside of the safe so she can take a count. Also on the few occasions she dose bust my balls about buying a new gun i point to her rack of shoes and purses and ask her how many of them can we sell in the future for a profit. she shuts up after that.

I just tell her... You're right, guns are expensive, I've been thinking of going back to dirtbike riding anyway(Or sunstitute any other really expensive hobby) I'll wait till the prices on ammo/guns/reloading equipment...etc come down before buying anything else. She get's that "I'm calculating" look on her face and says...No, it's fine, just try not to spend too much. She's a good sport about it.

That seems almost the exact same rather than the opposite.

**** about high prices giving lead to a buying spree when prices drop

Semantics I guess, I simply lament not having bought it cheaper to justify buying twice as much later. If I simply said I would not buy at the higher price my wife would just assume I didn't need it anyway.

I'm not even married yet and I'm cut off. Found out last night I won the work superbowl pool final score for a smooth $1k. I started speaking about what gun I want next, namely a keltec sub2k. Since they are overpriced right now I can basically get one and not care about the cost. She goes "NO we're paying off the CC with that"

damnit.

All I have to say is locked gun safe without her knowing the combo or hiddent compartments in your home(if its just you and her).. ;)

The only problem I have run into is what to do when you outgrow the safe? I have found it really hard to upgrade to a larger safe without her knowing. LOL

The only problem I have run into is what to do when you outgrow the safe? I have found it really hard to upgrade to a larger safe without her knowing. LOL

Build hidden compartments? Lol. Ill let you know when I cross that bridge! Haha