Sign in to follow this  
Dave_D

Feedback on my first purchase.

Hey guys, from a new member let me start by saying this forum rocks.

Now lets get to the point shall we… I just picked up my P2P and planning to put an order in for an M&P 9mm at some point this week. (My 1st handgun)

I went up to Easton this past weekend and shot my uncle's Ruger SR40 & Glock 19 rental, and then spent some time handling (read: fondling) some additional options. I also took a trip to RTSP yesterday and put a few rounds through their M&P 40 (no 9mm rental).

So after all this I'm leaning towards the M&P 9mm for a few reasons. The grips on the Ruger and Glock while manageable felt a little fat for my hand. The M&P with the smaller grip plate felt much more comfortable in the hand.

My questions are...

- Good Choice? - M&P 9's seem to be well received on here from what I've seen

- Anything else I should shoot? Note* Trying to stay away from sub compact since I want to get my whole hand on grip.

Appreciate any insight/suggestions.

Oh and if anyone is willing to share the price range for their M&P 9 just so i know if I'm getting taken i would certainly appreciate that.

I was in a similar situation just a few weeks ago. M&P 9mm was one of my top choices (I had a few in mind). They had only .40 in store, but offered to order 9mm. They never called back, I shopped around and eventually came upon Baby Desert Eagle, in the same store I've started from. Also on my top choice list, so I was happy to get it.

As for M&P 9 - they said they couldn't get it.

Price - these days you pay whatever they ask, may be above MSRP.

The M&P 9 is a great choice. I love both my M&P 9 and my M&P 22. Great guns. If you do get the M&P 9, I HIGHLY recommend you also look into installing the Apex DCAEK kit. It's a great investment for this pistol and it makes a night and day difference in the trigger pull.

just got and m&p com[act 357 auto... not my first choice if it gives you any idea on availability

check on gunsamerica.com a place called robertsons trading post got a shipment of m&p's

they were AWESOME guys cant say enough good and they actually have a lot of inventory!! hurry hurry the sky is falling

how's the M&P compact? I should have permits in a week or so (hopefully...) and definitely want my next purchase to be a 9mm. My first consideration is a glock 19, but I think I'll have a really hard time finding one so I'm also considering an M&P 9mm.

Check out the Hogue grip for my M&P9, it's a nice upgrade. It is made to take the place of the replaceable backstrap. Fits like a glove.

I love that Hogue grip on my M&P9. I squeezed one onto my M&P45 but it was a little too big for my hands. My hands love it on the M&P9.

ALERT - TRY LOU'S GUN SHOP IN RARITAN.

My friend an I went in there last week, he was looking at a couple different manufacturer's , he went with them M&P because he loved the way it felt in his hand.

He is from PA and the one's they had in stock had 2 - 17rnd clips, perfect opportunity for him as we can't own them here.

Went to Efingers and they had NOTHING in their cases.. Lou's had a decent amount of inentory.

Gotta go to Lou's to check them out.