NorthJersey

What should my inventory look like?

As I prepare to open my doors (figuratively speaking), I probably won't be able to buy more than a couple dozen firearms (if that). I have a dealer account with DPMS at this point. I also intend to stock Magpul accessories (once I can send a respectable storefront picture to the distributor). What sort of weapons would you like to see for my initial purchases?

I may not be able to afford (or find) all of these firearms initially, but this is about what I want my inventory to look like.:

Ruger LCP

Ruger Mini 14 (tactical, target, ranch?)

Ruger Mark III (TALO target with rail and birdcage?)

S&W M&P22

S&W M&P15

S&W M&P9

S&W Airweight .38

DPMS LR-308

DPMS Sportical

DPMS SASS upper assembly

DPMS AP4 upper assembly

Mossberg 500 (Some "tactical" flavor)

Mossberg 715t

Savage Rascal

Savage 93R17

Taurus Raging Judge (.454 Casull/45 LC/.410)

Springfield 1911 (Plain Vanilla Mil-Spec blued barrel)

Springfield XDM 45

Springfield XD Subcompact .40

Glock 21

Glock 19

Remington 700 SPS .308

Remington 870 express (slug gun)

Saiga 12

Saiga 7.62x39

Hi-point JHP .45

Hi-point C-9

Hi-point .380

Hi-point carbine 9mm and .45

Masterpiece Arms 5.7

*edit* Alexander Arms upper assemblies in 300 AAC Blackout and .17 HMR

Please share your "up or down" vote. Please also suggest additions.

Pictures to follow.

As I prepare to open my doors (figuratively speaking), I probably won't be able to buy more than a couple dozen firearms (if that). I have a dealer account with DPMS at this point. I also intend to stock Magpul accessories (once I can send a respectable storefront picture to the distributor). What sort of weapons would you like to see for my initial purchases?

I may not be able to afford (or find) all of these firearms initially, but this is about what I want my inventory to look like.:

Ruger LCP

Ruger Mini 14 (tactical, target, ranch?) *

Ruger Mark III (TALO target with rail and birdcage?) *

S&W M&P22

S&W M&P15 *

S&W M&P9

S&W Airweight .38 *

DPMS LR-308 *

DPMS Sportical

DPMS SASS upper assembly *

DPMS AP4 upper assembly *

Mossberg 500 (Some "tactical" flavor)

Mossberg 715t

Savage Rascal

Savage 93R17

Taurus Raging Judge (.454 Casull/45 LC/.410)

Springfield 1911 (Plain Vanilla Mil-Spec blued barrel)

Springfield XDM 45

Springfield XD Subcompact .40

Glock 21 *

Glock 19 *

Remington 700 SPS .308

Remington 870 express (slug gun)

Saiga 12 *

Saiga 7.62x39 *

Hi-point JHP .45

Hi-point C-9

Hi-point .380

Hi-point carbine 9mm and .45 *

Masterpiece Arms 5.7

*edit* Alexander Arms upper assemblies in 300 AAC Blackout and .17 HMR

Please share your "up or down" vote. Please also suggest additions.

Pictures to follow.

The asterik items will end up on back order or allocation.

No Sigs? No revolvers (other than the j-frame you have listed)?

Just FYI - to go Sig direct, it's a 5 gun buy-in, at least it used to be. Of course that's still $3500 - $4000, so you might be better off going through a distributor for now.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

No Sigs? No revolvers (other than the j-frame you have listed)?

Just FYI - to go Sig direct, it's a 5 gun buy-in, at least it used to be. Of course that's still $3500 - $4000, so you might be better off going through a distributor for now.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Will consider Sig. The Taurus Raging Judge makes two revolvers. Call me tacky, but I might just throw in some of my personal collection to flesh out my inventory.

Focus on caliber, think 22,38/357,45. For rifle, 7.62x39 and 243. You can still get a vz58 rifle direct from czechpoint for under agrand, nj legal, google the reviews, youll be impressed. That takes care of your semi rifle need, as for the 243, the new ruger is cheap and great, make that your tactical bolt rifle. Again, great reviews, affordable. House gun, springfield xds, range gun, springfield xd, your pick, 38/357-ruger sp101 4.2 inch kit gun. Ruger 77/357 bolt rifle.22-ruger 22/45, your choice, ruger 10/22 rifle,your choice. This list represents affordable, quality guns designed to be handled by large and small hands, these guns can be fun to shoot and will hold their value. You can spend alot more, if you win the lottery I will add to this list but I would not subtract from it.

Why would a dealer hate making $35 in 30min?

Any dealer that has inventory is not likely to want to do cheap transfers. Like any retail business, inventory ties up capital. If a buyer is ordering a gun from a place like Bud's because they will save $10 over the price for the same gun the dealer has sitting on the rack already, how does this help the dealer? The main objective in retail is to turn over product in inventory quickly, cheap transfers will interfere with that, particularly on new guns.

I'd say pick up some Mosins. While not a huge profit-earner, they're pretty much a guaranteed impulse buy. A person comes in wants to buy something, but doesn't QUITE see what they want, they'll likely go home with one of those. Plus, at $150 they're an easier sell to most people, particularly the new wave of gun owners who have been applying for their FIDs.

Hell, for those new people, they'll want the ARs, SKSes, etc. If they can't find them, you can sell a Mosin, or other cheaper gun right then and there saying something like, "Better to have something than nothing, and you may as well get something to shoot now to get the fundamentals down." Or something.

Although, to be honest, right now anything you get you can probably sell if you can work the right pitch. But yeah, I've always liked milsurp stuff personally.

If I seen a mosin in one of my LGS in the last three weeks I would have bought it......

Ruger Sr22

Stock milsurp ammo!!

Keep lower priced accessories in stock also.... It's tough being on a budget and being surrounded by $300 weapon lights and eotechs and aimpoints.

See if you can become a retailer for someone like primary arms.

Stock replacement parts, spring kits, ar survival kits, stuff that could save a day at the range if you had it in stock.

Good luck!!

The stores around me do not carry milsurp for anything resembling a decent price. If I saw Mosins at my local store, or any milsurp with a relatively easy supply of ammo, I would end up with a bolt rifle about every other week.