fishnut

Anyone use AT&T for a cell provider?

I need a smart phone for work now and so dose the wife. I am currently useing verizon as my provider but i am not due for an upgrade untill december. I am considering switching to AT&T and would like to know if anyone here uses them and if they are happy with there service and how is the reception in rural areas? Any other complaints? Thanks everyone!

Adam

I've had AT&T for a long time. I had no issues with their service and I travel to New England a lot(Maine, Vermont, NH). I DID have some with dropped calls when I had a Blackberry, but since upgrading to a Galaxy S3 last month I have no complaints. So I will throw that one to the phone being the issue.

Im in Camden County. I have had Cingular/Att for about 15yrs. I havr never had dropped calls, bad service, etc. Now you do have to see how much data you will be using. Att no longer offers unlimited data plans. I was lucky to get it before they stopped it, so i was grandfathered. When im not streaming music all day, i average 2-3gb per month. When i stream music all day at work, i can use 7-9gb per month

I use AT&T (Hunterdon County 50% of the week).

In most rural places around here i get good reception. At home i get half of the bars most of the time but i attribute this to the Blackberry ( its from work and its free , and i would not choose this smartphone if i had to pay for it).

I have Tracfone for my personal cell now and reception anywhere in the county has been great, no problems....but its just a phone , not a smartphone.

Used to have Virgin mobile because of the flat fee pricing and that was a good experience. They use Sprints newtork which was good enough for me in Hunterdon county.

Phone was ok, not great, an LG rumor, and i got email on it, surfing was bad...........look into their newer phones , they also have ihone now.....for 55$ a month you get unlimited minutes and data.

Of course Your Mileage May Vary :)

stick with verizon. the only thing going for at&t is the ability to talk and surf the web at the same time, but how often will you really use that feature? The only reason I haven't left AT&T is because my wife doesn't want to lose our grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I dropped Verizon close to five years ago. I had a few issues with coverage in remote areas but it was their customer service that really made me switch. No complaints about AT&T service and any time I have needed customer service I have been more than satisfied. For work i spend a fair amount of time traveling the tri state area and I don't just mean large cities. I have spent a fair amount of time in the middle of nowhere. Last year I traveled outside of the country and after getting off the plane it was a huge plus having a phone that worked. It sounds like you want top upgrade your phones and service plans, I am surprised Verizon will not work with you on that.

I've had AT&T since around 2007. It is the only cell provider that actually gets service here at my house, although even AT&T I only get 1 bar. I have to sit in certain spots in my house to use the phone. Other than that issue, I have no complaints with the service at all.

Every cell company seems to have a hole right here in my neighborhood, and it seems that no matter how much complaining my neighbors and I do, it won't help.

stick with verizon. the only thing going for at&t is the ability to talk and surf the web at the same time, but how often will you really use that feature? The only reason I haven't left AT&T is because my wife doesn't want to lose our grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Verizon= $800.00+ for 2 I phones

At&t=$2.00 for 2 I phones and $250.00 to cancel my plan with verizon

$548.00 at least in saveings = more ammo for me

I dropped Verizon close to five years ago. I had a few issues with coverage in remote areas but it was their customer service that really made me switch. No complaints about AT&T service and any time I have needed customer service I have been more than satisfied. For work i spend a fair amount of time traveling the tri state area and I don't just mean large cities. I have spent a fair amount of time in the middle of nowhere. Last year I traveled outside of the country and after getting off the plane it was a huge plus having a phone that worked. It sounds like you want top upgrade your phones and service plans, I am surprised Verizon will not work with you on that.

Yea i am supprised that they wont work with me either had them on the phone for over an hour last night to see if they could do anything for me and they flat out refused. So much for customer loyalty i have been a verizon customer for 12 years now and now they are going to loose me because they dont want to give me a discount on 2 I phones even if i sign on for another 2 years on top of my remaining contract.

the only thing going for at&t is the ability to talk and surf the web at the same time, but how often will you really use that feature?

I actually use that feature often, during work related calls, also use my phone as a bluetooth modem or wifi access point while making calls.

I have been on Cingular/AT&T for several years with no issues.

Verizon works in the NYC train tunnel, AT&T does not, if that is a factor.

Read the return policy before switching, if I remember correctly there is a short period when you can return the phone without paying the $$$ early termination fee, if it does not work for you for some reason.

We have had AT&T for quite awhile and remain loyal. We're grandfathered into the unlimited data plan so it's unlikely we're going to change anytime soon. Service,while not as good as Verizon is better than it was years ago and continue to get better and as IPhone users the surf and talk feature is very handy since we have no dedicated land line.

AT&T reception is crap. During a storm (i.e. snowstorm, hurricane, etc), all reception is lost. Worse still, it scans for a network and drains your phone in no time. I have always had a signal with Verizon. L live near Sandy Hook on the shore.

Never have problems with AT&T, I have 2 iPhone and my daughters phone with them. Grandfathered in the unlimited plan so I'm sticking till that's over and then I might shop around, but I never had problems with them or Cingular who AT&T bought out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Verizon= $800.00+ for 2 I phones

At&t=$2.00 for 2 I phones and $250.00 to cancel my plan with verizon

$548.00 at least in saveings = more ammo for me

Not for nothing but at&t offers free iphones for a reason With a contract, while Verizon is $199 with contract.. not sure where you came up with 400 per phone. I'm not saying at&t is bad, i've never used them, have family and friends who use it with little complaint but that is an incentive they use to get costumers, verizon doesn't think that eating the price of an iphone is worth the gain in customers. Remember apple still gets paid.

I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data as well. Never had an issue with AT&T as a service in the last 7 years or so, but have had problems with iPhones in the past.

Ever since I got my Galaxy S3, it's been flawless.

I've had AT&T since around 2007. It is the only cell provider that actually gets service here at my house, although even AT&T I only get 1 bar. I have to sit in certain spots in my house to use the phone. Other than that issue, I have no complaints with the service at all.

Every cell company seems to have a hole right here in my neighborhood, and it seems that no matter how much complaining my neighbors and I do, it won't help.

Hey plode. I had the same issue, I got one of their Microcell towers and problem solved. I had no signal inside my house and other places on our farm. I had to go stand in a field or go near a window on certain side of our house. If your a longterm customer, just be friendly to a manager and @ explain your issue and tell them your so fed up and you might switch to another carrier. I was able to get my tower for free. But they have a rebate deal if you need to purchase one. They are a awesome thing, they use wifi to make calls and with a few extra dollars a month you can adda plan to make unlimted calls when at home. This added fee will not use your minutes when in range of it, otherwise you still use min when connected to it.

Not for nothing but at&t offers free iphones for a reason With a contract, while Verizon is $199 with contract.. not sure where you came up with 400 per phone. I'm not saying at&t is bad, i've never used them, have family and friends who use it with little complaint but that is an incentive they use to get costumers, verizon doesn't think that eating the price of an iphone is worth the gain in customers. Remember apple still gets paid.

I was told by the customer service manager last night that if i wanted an i plone i would have to pay FULL retail for it which is over 400 so that is where i was getting that price from.

I have my mom on my family plan. She's down near Delaware, and everything but att is one bar or less including Verizon, even with an external antenna.

On the other hand, you want reception on the subway in the city, Verizon has that contract.

In general they both work pretty much everywhere in nj, especially for text and calling. Data is a different matter. The real issue I run into are cells being over capacity. AT&T tends to fail data first, then fail to make calls. Verizon tends to randomly only connect one half the conversation.

With Verizon I also had issues with competing very strong signals. I'd get dropped calls because the handset had trouble picking and would eventually dump the call.

From a service point of view, AT&T has always been able to unscrew their screw ups, even pretty severe ones. Verizon screwed up less, but ranged from uncooperative to hostile.

Verizon billing is customer hostile. They tell you you are paying up front for the next month sometimes, Others they tell you it's for last month's use. Every time I have left them, they always stuck me with an extra month of billing. So, 24 months of service, 25 months of bills. Every other carrier, it has been 24=24.