dtown223

NJ exodus

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/finance/news/the-states-people-are-fleeing-in-2013-194007689.html?.intl=us&.lang=en-us

Article discussing states depopulating rapidly..not surprisingly NJ is tops!

I think its interesting how many factors this article considers to be making folks leave, but doesn't touch on the corruption/inept elected officials.

This will continue to be a trend, where honest tax paying citizens will flee states like NJ-NY, leaving a populace of government-fed, handout dependent, degenerates behind, and eventually we'll have entire states wholly populated by welfare recipients.

Then the govt will come looking for someone to pay for this mess they've created..at which point, hopefully, the civil war will begin.

I know that sounds nuts, I'm in a terrible mood today

I'm leaving...I'm halfway out the door. I've had enough.

Ditto. Been looking at jobs in Florida and Georgia. If I find one in a relatively nice suburban rural area Im outta here so fast. Just sick and tired of dealing with the mentality and constant belittling from libs in this state. I watched nj nearly ruin my father. No thanks.

Ditto. Been looking at jobs in Florida and Georgia. If I find one in a relatively nice suburban rural area Im outta here so fast. Just sick and tired of dealing with the mentality and constant belittling from libs in this state. I watched nj nearly ruin my father. No thanks.

Yup...I watched it ruin my dad as well. I've learned my lesson...sadly there is no turning back the tide in this state. I'm tired of insanely high taxes, insurance rates and tolls...and I live in North Jersey which adds a whole other list of things I'm tired of. At the end of the day I'm sick of going to work each day, paying my share of the burden, raising my children the right way and swimming up hill the entire way...I'm sick of always being the villain because I'm tired of losing my rights and contributing to the pool of free handouts this state has become addicted to.

I love this State and always thought I would live quietly and simply here because it affords me so much in the way of access to the best foods,art,culture,medicine and recreation. I see now that it's not to be and while I have many friends in the NY/NJ area, I also have many in Texas who have been begging me to consider a move, a move that would have been unthinkable not 5 years ago. Regrettably... it's time.

BS Regs, permits, license. High taxes, car insurance, traffic, lack of industry for jobs. And they're worried about new gun regs that do nothing. It's the economy stupid! Didn't I hear that line once before? Oh yeah, but now they are in charge and it don't count. BS. Beginning to belive I need to vote with my feet. Why am I putting up with this insufferable nonsense. Life is too short. Hello Hurricane, UT. A shooting sports facility built by the county. Six Dollar/day use fee. Look at this>

http://sussp.net/

My mother, sister, brother and grandparents are begging me to move to florida to be with them....

My girlfriends family lives in the next town over from my family. Her whole family down there are extremely pro2a. They guide boar hunts and teach defensive knife classes, her uncle is an NRA instructor.

Her cousin runs a fishing boat, he offered me some work if I struggle finding a decent job.

My family is offering to let me stay with them until I find a place....

There are 3 ranges within minutes of the house, my grandparents live on a canal and told me to take the boat whenever I want...

Why am I still here?

Summer time will mark my exodus.... As soon as my lease is up....

Yep 3 years min i have to wait....and sayonara......Economics....weather and now this extreme gun legislation horseshite......

It was wonderful to raise a family up here in Sussex Co and Vernon....but the cost of living is soooooooo ridiculous couple that with other things and

there is NOTHING ZERO NONE no reason to stay here.........

....Buh Bye....

Im still here.. thats a good reason :)

My mother, sister, brother and grandparents are begging me to move to florida to be with them....

My girlfriends family lives in the next town over from my family. Her whole family down there are extremely pro2a. They guide boar hunts and teach defensive knife classes, her uncle is an NRA instructor.

Her cousin runs a fishing boat, he offered me some work if I struggle finding a decent job.

My family is offering to let me stay with them until I find a place....

There are 3 ranges within minutes of the house, my grandparents live on a canal and told me to take the boat whenever I want...

Why am I still here?

Summer time will mark my exodus.... As soon as my lease is up....

If I had all of that available to me, I would be having a different conversation, and on the FLA forums.

BS Regs, permits, license. High taxes, car insurance, traffic, lack of industry for jobs. And they're worried about new gun regs that do nothing. It's the economy stupid! Didn't I hear that line once before? Oh yeah, but now they are in charge and it don't count. BS. Beginning to belive I need to vote with my feet. Why am I putting up with this insufferable nonsense. Life is too short. Hello Hurricane, UT. A shooting sports facility built by the county. Six Dollar/day use fee. Look at this>

http://sussp.net/

Most Utah ranges are $6. I absolutely loved the Bountiful Lion's Club range when I was out there! Excellently maintained!

Yep 3 years min i have to wait....and sayonara......Economics....weather and now this extreme gun legislation horseshite......

It was wonderful to raise a family up here in Sussex Co and Vernon....but the cost of living is soooooooo ridiculous couple that with other things and

there is NOTHING ZERO NONE no reason to stay here.........

....Buh Bye....

Amen to that.

I only really have one reason to stay in the North East and that is pension, for both my wife and I. It's also why I had to turn down paid relocation to Dallas/Ft Worth a few years ago. Still kicking myself in the balls every day for that one.

But moving is a real possibility when we retire in the future. I just don't see ourselves being able to afford living here.

The only problem I would have with UT is that the place is literally LDS land. I mean, everything is dominated by the LDS church. You turn on your TV at night during prime time and they censor out the offensive stuff, because the TV stations are owned by the mormon church. It's nice for family and all and the mormons are not bad people in the least but I am all about freedom. 2nd amendment and 1st amendment and everything else.

I am thinking the Carolinas may be nice. I've been there. RTP in NC is growing. Apple even opened up a new datacenter in the state. Tennessee is not too bad either. Been there for work a good few times. Only problem is that it's landlocked, so if you like the ocean it's not for you. But there are scenic hills and everything else and there is no state income tax.

Got the full go-ahead from my wife to GTFO of this nightmare state.

It's going to be difficult

New baby,family are all here in NNJ... Finding a new JOB!

But the hunt starts now!

Looking at PA, possibly VA-NC

Really bad news is I'll be pinching every penny for the foreseeable future, so no new guns, or shooting..

It'll be worth it though!

The only problem I would have with UT is that the place is literally LDS land. I mean, everything is dominated by the LDS church. You turn on your TV at night during prime time and they censor out the offensive stuff, because the TV stations are owned by the mormon church. It's nice for family and all and the mormons are not bad people in the least but I am all about freedom. 2nd amendment and 1st amendment and everything else.

Nothing satellite TV could fix for the trade of excellent CCW laws, Castle Doctrine, lots of space, and lower cost living! :lol: I was on a project close to Bountiful for a little over a year, and the presence of the Mormon church abounds. However, the people are truthfully incredible - warm, genuine, and kind. Would certainly be a shock to anyone from the great Philly-NYC metro!

Got the full go-ahead from my wife to GTFO of this nightmare state.

It's going to be difficult

New baby,family are all here in NNJ... Finding a new JOB!

But the hunt starts now!

Looking at PA, possibly VA-NC

Really bad news is I'll be pinching every penny for the foreseeable future, so no new guns, or shooting..

It'll be worth it though!

Skip PA with the current legislative environment looking to press Gun Control hard. I think NC your best bet IMO.

Nothing satellite TV could fix for the trade of excellent CCW laws, Castle Doctrine, lots of space, and lower cost living! :lol: I was on a project close to Bountiful for a little over a year, and the presence of the Mormon church abounds. However, the people are truthfully incredible - warm, genuine, and kind. Would certainly be a shock to anyone from the great Philly-NYC metro!

Oh I've been to SLC. Very friendly people.

Satellite TV is a point taken. I'd maintain my service address in NJ and just "move" :lol:

Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina in my sights. Leaning towards VA at the moment for proximity to family in MD.

I've been wanting to leave for several years, but the trifecta has hit me now - Stalled out in current job, the realization that the quality of life is not worth NJ's nose-bleed high property taxes and what appears to be an endless erosion of 2A/RKBA rights.

I would have never stayed in this state if it werent for my family and the fact that i inherited a house. Otherwisw i would get out of jersey as fast as possable. I would still stay east coast as i can not live in a state without a ocean in reasonable driveing distance and my family is all in the east . Probably down to the mountains of the carolinas. But i will most likely here in nj for the next 10 years at the very least.

we're eyeballin a move to the free United states as well. Texas, NC, VA, FLA, GA are all on the list. I can only see the cost of living skyrocketing in this state, and the unfunded liability trap is getting ready to spring. I for one have no intention of funding the stripping away of my constitutional rights.

LDS is not as bad as one would believe (when the lights go out you would not believe them). Hurricane is less than 2 hours from Vegas. Hot as hell in the summer (but it's a dry heat, so are campfires) and cold spells in the winter. Little or no snowfall. About as far as one gets from LDS and still stay in UT.