MartyZ

NJSP investigating pistol ammo purchases

If Troopers have time to look into 1K purchases, something is seriously wrong with this State and you are keeping law enforcement from really doing its job!

this.. no way that someone buying 1000 rounds of ammo should be using NJSP resources.. and what caliber are those 1000 rounds? .22lr? lol.. that's only 10 boxes (or less if you get the 375 packs).. you could go through a third to half of those in any given day

They are currently rationing ammo and you can only buy six boxes at a time. Could it have something to do with this? Could certain people be buying a lot of ammo at a time going against the policy? I am not sure if its store policy or some kind of agreement.

i know of a Dicks where the lodge employees keep most of the 223 and 9mm. they just tell ppl sorry all out of stock

Yep...I just talk to Dave.

I was at Princeton Dicks today and I asked the lodge guys about this and they said they didnt come into their store to check logs, and havent in a very long time, said it only happens if there looking for some one involved in a specific case.

only reason I was there was to get my 1K box of 9mm.....none left now

only reason I was there was to get my 1K box of 9mm.....none left now

For giggles, can I ask how much? I need to aquire some .357M & .38S and don't feel like driving all over the place. If they're reasonable on 9, hopefully their other stuff isn't out of whack...

The NJSP regularly inspects Dick's ammo logs from what I understand.

We have a winner.

Inspection of ammo logs, 4473, and state paperwork is part of annual the annual visit.

If Troopers have time to look into 1K purchases, something is seriously wrong with this State and you are keeping law enforcement from really doing its job!

Get real. Police priorities are set by a political agenda.

If our politicians and police were really concerned about crime and safety, they could pull 1000 state troopers from whatever jackass duty they are on and go street by street through Camden, Newark or one of our other urban stink holes and make a difference in the life of the community.

It is much easier (and safer) for them to go after suburban accountants and the like who made the mistake of having shooting as a hobby.

If our politicians and police were really concerned about crime and safety, they could pull 1000 state troopers from whatever jackass duty they are on and go street by street through Camden, Newark or one of our other urban stink holes and make a difference in the life of the community.

Now wouldn't that make it a true police state? I am sure that would upset anyone now would it.

Now wouldn't that make it a true police state? I am sure that would upset anyone now would it.

Wouldn't upset me at all. I said walk the streets, not kick people's doors in.

Politicians sit on their thrones in Trenton and spend all their time proposing do-nothing, feel-good crap. I know where most of the crime in this state is. Why not go there to address it? You can't throw a rock in parts of Newark without hitting a drug dealer.

They were also selling $50 boxes of 9mm (50ct) If thats not gouging tell me what is.

That's why I only bought the .45s. $24.99 was always the regular price (atleast the last 3 years). I never said Dick's was good or bad, but if the price is right for what I am looking for, that's good enough for me.

just to put this in perspective, Ramsey outdoor, which is in the sam plaza as Dick's wanted $35 for the same box of .45s.

And they went along with it, no warrant no nothing?

Do they need a warrant? I don't think Inspecting the logs is a problem, that's the whole reason they have the logs. What I found strange is they they were writing down FID numbers of all the people who bought 1,000 rounds, and no one elses.