JOdoubleE953

Did I Just Win Gunbroker? *Updated*

Picture speaks for itself.

Guy posted a 5k round bulk pack of .22 mini mag for $.01 buy it now. I think he meant to put a starting price of $.01 for an auction :drag:

Really just bought it because I wanted to see the guys responce haha. Worse case scenario I saved him from someone making things really complicated for the poor guy, best case scenario is he honors the sale

post-5867-0-52544700-1361845093_thumb.png

Oh jeez he technically has to honor it right??

U arnt going to take it I assume but he should sell at at a damn good price due to ur honesty!

But remember good guys always finish last... You will say its ok bud and them never hear from him again!!!

Not going to lie, I PMed OP about some of that...

... For those who remember I had a girlfriend nearly kill me (literally) recently. Well that's over with, and I met another cute Chinese girl who wants to learn how to shoot!

*UPDATE*

Just sent the guy an email. May the power of the internet be with me.

316uceg.png

Sorry for the small pic size, I reached my limit for uploading directly to the forum

Sorry for double post.

Worse case scenario, you may have enough leverage to get a REALLY good deal at least. I doubt you'll get the ammo for $,01, but who knows, you may be able to REALLY save some money!

If this works out, you don't just win Gunbroker, you win the internets.

Not going to lie, I PMed OP about some of that...

... For those who remember I had a girlfriend nearly kill me (literally) recently. Well that's over with, and I met another cute Chinese girl who wants to learn how to shoot!

Lol what does that have to do wit anything in this thread? Joey isn't gonna **** out haha I'm talking to him now this thread is only fueling his ballsyness

Lol what does that have to do wit anything in this thread? Joey isn't gonna **** out haha I'm talking to him now this thread is only fueling his ballsyness

Hahaha exactly, wtf does your girl situation have to do with him selling it to you first? Weird

Do the right thing :p

Hahaha the line that defines the "right thing to do" is starting to blurr to me. Morally I value the ideal of justice more than the ideal of "fairness." Aside from your 3rd grade science fair where everyone gets a participation ribbon, nothing in life is 'fair.' I take it personally when people perpetuate the "gun scare" that we are seeing now with overinflated gun broker prices, hoarding ammo/mags, etc.

Shooting is supposed to be a laid back, friendly American past time.

This guy in particular listed another lot of 5k rounds with a $900 reserve. Come onnnnn.

I would love to win the auction and be able to sporadically post REALLY cheap .22 ammo on the classifieds for all to enjoy.

With the balance of the rounds I would like to get some more range time myself (I am new to the hobby, only got my FID a few weeks ago), and I would like to bring some skeptical friends/family members out to the range to show them what it is all about. Possibly even convert some who are afraid of guns, or who are just plain ill-informed.

Feel free to agree, or come back and tell me I am a complete A$$. Interested in what you guys think!

Hahaha the line that defines the "right thing to do" is starting to blurr to me. Morally I value the ideal of justice more than the ideal of "fairness." Aside from your 3rd grade science fair where everyone gets a participation ribbon, nothing in life is 'fair.' I take it personally when people perpetuate the "gun scare" that we are seeing now with overinflated gun broker prices, hoarding ammo/mags, etc.

Shooting is supposed to be a laid back, friendly American past time.

This guy in particular listed another lot of 5k rounds with a $900 reserve. Come onnnnn.

I would love to win the auction and be able to sporadically post REALLY cheap .22 ammo on the classifieds for all to enjoy.

With the balance of the rounds I would like to get some more range time myself (I am new to the hobby, only got my FID a few weeks ago), and I would like to bring some skeptical friends/family members out to the range to show them what it is all about. Possibly even convert some who are afraid of guns, or who are just plain ill-informed.

Feel free to agree, or come back and tell me I am a complete A$$. Interested in what you guys think!

Best way to convert an anti is to take them to the range.

It's my favorite date, because, quite frankly, I don't want to be with any girl who doesn't like guns. Too bad it's not the cheaper date it once was.

Unfortunately, doing the right thing is not predicated on whether the other party was doing the right thing.

That said.. Gunbroker is a dog-eat-dog marketplace and if he is profiteering then you need not handicap yourself with ethics that don't constitute the rules of Gunbroker.

Wouldn't think less of you either way.

I was the highest bidder on an auction that ended without hiting the reserve. In the item description the seller stated to email them in this circumstance as they may still sell. Instead of telling me "no thanks", the guy told me "this one isn't for you" in the douchiest (sp?) way possible when I gave him a realistic price. And he continued to taunt me when I offered a bit more. So I told him where to shove it, bought one in nicer condition for less than I offered him and I've emailed him a photo of it offering to sell it to him every week for over a year.