MartyZ

Price gauging out of control

Stock is coming in with the online vendors and prices are coming down.

PSA has or had a decent amount of stuff in this morning, .22lr ammo was around $20.00 for 500 which is not all that bad.

AIM has been getting in stock all week, sells out fast but the prices cannot be beat. Local guy's with small shops are hit the hardest, since there is no way they can stock the same ammount of ammo that AIM or SG ammo stock their price point is going be higher and they are going to have a harder time to move it. If he restocked this recently I bet he over paid. Still over $1.00 a round for .45 is terriable.

Check Cabelas. I picked up 6 boxes of Remington 9MM for $16.99 box. Shipped within 24 hours. They have other calibers in stock too. Just check back daily, no need to pay top dollar for ammo. Today I saw one site selling boxes of Federal Range 9mm 115gr for $49 a box!! I have a boycott list of websites that are price gauging. Once the demand dies, they will get ZERO business from me. I hope you all are doing the same too...

Fine, I will say it. It is not needed for your survival is it? You can buy food and water, right? You don't need .45 ammo or any other ammo to survive do you? So if you don't like the prices don't buy it. If you think there are retailers "gouging" then put a list on the wall of who you will never buy from again. Put me on block if you don't like what I have to say, I don't give a shyt. Grow-up already, seems we have a bunch of whiners sitting in mommies basement smacking-away on the computer.

Waiting for the free market professors on here to defend these prices

Do you think some third party should tell them what to charge?

After that we'll let the same third party decide how much your job skills are worth and what you should be payed each week.

What? That's not good? ;)

Don't like Ramsey's price? Tell the management that their prices are out of whack and walk out of the store. Maybe you'll get a counter offer. Can't hurt to try - the free market system works in both directions.

Fine, I will say it. It is not needed for your survival is it? You can buy food and water, right? You don't need .45 ammo or any other ammo to survive do you? So if you don't like the prices don't buy it. If you think there are retailers "gouging" then put a list on the wall of who you will never buy from again. Put me on block if you don't like what I have to say, I don't give a shyt. Grow-up already, seems we have a bunch of whiners sitting in mommies basement smacking-away on the computer.

That's why I didn't buy the ammo, I don't need it to survive, and no one is whining. And yes, the free market system is what it is, but it only works when there is competition, that's why monopolies are illegal. If there is a shortage, and someone takes advantage of that shortage, it's legal but it's not moral. I personally have bought 2 pistols and 2 rifles from them, but I will never buy anything else from them if this is how they treat their customers.

That's why I didn't buy the ammo, I don't need it to survive, and no one is whining. And yes, the free market system is what it is, but it only works when there is competition, that's why monopolies are illegal. If there is a shortage, and someone takes advantage of that shortage, it's legal but it's not moral. I personally have bought 2 pistols and 2 rifles from them, but I will never buy anything else from them if this is how they treat their customers.

Well said +1

Waiting for the free market professors on here to defend these prices

OK.

Let 'em charge what they want. I'm not paying it. I simply won't shoot if it comes to it.

I just did a round count and am down to around 500 9mm, which sealed the deal that we aren't shooting USPSA at Shongum tomorrow.

Absent a free market system, what do you propose? And who is going to monitor it? The same government who's trying to limit what we can own in the first place.

and no one is whining. And yes, the free market system is what it is, but it only works when there is competition,

There is a lot of whining going on, and there is a lot of competition. The problem is that there is limited inventory. Limited inventory, higher price....full inventory, lower price. It all equals out eventually.

Their prices are good on shotguns and pistols. And just about every guy who works at the gun counter is helpful and a pleasure to talk to.

The boss man sets all the prices, and the counter guys will usually say "he's asking to much for that offer him $XX and he'll probably take it."

I am speaking of the store in Ramsey and not those d-bags in Paramus.

The smaller gun shops need to be cautious about gouging their long-time customers. If a customer is going to stay with them during the good times, they need to take care of them during the bad times. I'm not talking about the casual shopper who comes in once or twice a year, but those who are regular. Regular customers may re-think their choice of gun shop when the tide turns. It's all about customer loyalty.

I really feel for the new shooters who have joind after recent events and are getting fleeced...great way to introduce someone to shooting is a nice $53.00 box of ammo...."hey how'd you like to have a dollar bill fly out of your barrel every time you pull the trigger"

Boycott, Boycott, Boycott!!!!

Now that boycotting is out of the way, lets use logic.

Shop A carries 9mm at $14.00 a box

Shop B carries the same at $20.00 a box

Where do we go??? SHOP A!!!!!

Now same shops

Shop A carries 45ACP at $30.00 a box

Shop B carries same at $22.00 a box

Where do we go??? SHOP B!!!

Now that we priced shop everyone wins. And yes I price shop ammo.

Boycott, Boycott, Boycott!!!!

Now that boycotting is out of the way, lets use logic.

Shop A carries 9mm at $14.00 a box

Shop B carries the same at $20.00 a box

Where do we go??? SHOP A!!!!!

Now same shops

Shop A carries 45ACP at $30.00 a box

Shop B carries same at $22.00 a box

Where do we go??? SHOP B!!!

Now that we priced shop everyone wins. And yes I price shop ammo.

Demand is more than shop A and B combined so people feel they need to buy at super expensive C & D because they heard on the internetz that there will be no more ammo left.

That's the mentality.