Black Ops

Mass Stabbing in Texas

(CNN) -- Fourteen people were injured in a stabbing incident Tuesday at Lone Star College's CyFair campus in Cypress, Texas, a Harris County sheriff's spokesman said -- an incident prompting officials to urge students to take shelter.

Authorities have detained one suspect -- so far the only suspect at this point, the sheriff's spokesman told reporters Tuesday afternoon.

"At least four were transported by (helicopter). A suspect is in custody. The campus is on lockdown," the sheriff's department said in a news release.

Details about what led to the incident weren't immediately released.

"Stay away from the area. Seek shelter in a secure location until the incident is resolved," the school posted on its website.

Tuesday's incident comes more than two months after three people were wounded in a shooting at a different Lone Star College campus -- the North Harris campus in Houston.

Anti-knife legislation on the way...

Unfortunately this will fuel anti gun legislators.....

They will say "See with just a knife no one dies...."

This is very tragic....

I hope everyone a speedy recovery, and I hope the damage wasn't too bad..

I was thinking along the same lines...the only point we have in this instance is to illustrate that firearms or not.... you can't legislate mental illness. Disturbed individuals will inevitably find an way to exorcise or appease their demons.

Unfortunately this will fuel anti gun legislators.....

They will say "See with just a knife no one dies...."

This is very tragic....

I hope everyone a speedy recovery, and I hope the damage wasn't too bad..

I feel guilty thinking that, but yes, that was the first thing I checked. Just shows how desperate this fight is making me.

I am curious to learn the details of this story as they develop. You would think after the attacker stabbed one or two people, everyone else would either run away or fight back. 13 injuries inflicted by the attacker seems high? I don't think this story will help either side of the gun debate. Reality is there are disturbed and mentally ill people in this world, violence will happen. Problem is we blame the tools the crazies use to commit their crimes and don't address the root cause issues. We end up penalizing many law abiding citizens to ineffectively prevent violence that will ultimately occur one way or another.

Apparently the attacker strategically went through the campus buildings, stabbing one person and moving to the next building. People probably did not run from him or fight back because they didn't realize what was occurring.

The

I am curious to learn the details of this story as they develop. You would think after the attacker stabbed one or two people, everyone else would either run away or fight back. 13 injuries inflicted by the attacker seems high? I don't think this story will help either side of the gun debate. Reality is there are disturbed and mentally ill people in this world, violence will happen. Problem is we blame the tools the crazies use to commit their crimes and don't address the root cause issues. We end up penalizing many law abiding citizens to ineffectively prevent violence that will ultimately occur one way or another.

We have to control the dialogue. I think I know what you mean, here, but It isn't that "We" mistakenly "blame" the tools or that we accidentally overlook the mentally sick people. In fact, the mentally ill are expediently ignored, as well as the career criminals, and the tools are deliberately used as a scapegoat in order to further a political agenda.

Time to explain to the gun grabbers that if they restrict guns we will have more and more of these stabbings. They better start registering and restricting hammers and baseball bats too.

Time to explain to the gun grabbers that if they restrict guns we will have more and more of these stabbings. They better start registering and restricting hammers and baseball bats too.

Or some might resort to explosives, which can be much more devastating.

Once they figure out knife's do not do the trick this will be next..

Or gasoline.

The worst school mass murder in US history was caused by a psycho school board member with a gallon of gas. In Chicago of all places. In the 50's if I remember the story correctly.

Or some might resort to explosives, which can be much more devastating.

I hope this doesn't be misconstrued but Sandy Hook was extremely lucky that the A-hole didn't make pipe bombs and walk down the hall of the school throwing them in classroom after classroom. A lot more children would have died that way. While every life (minus the A-holes) was a tragic lose it could have been 20 times worse. I just don't get what makes the politicians think they can legislate violence. Back to the story that happen today, Hope everyone has a speedy recovery and they fry the sick bastard.

(CNN) -- Fourteen people were injured in a stabbing incident Tuesday at Lone Star College's CyFair campus in Cypress, Texas, a Harris County sheriff's spokesman said -- an incident prompting officials to urge students to take shelter.

Authorities have detained one suspect -- so far the only suspect at this point, the sheriff's spokesman told reporters Tuesday afternoon.

"At least four were transported by (helicopter). A suspect is in custody. The campus is on lockdown," the sheriff's department said in a news release.

Details about what led to the incident weren't immediately released.

"Stay away from the area. Seek shelter in a secure location until the incident is resolved," the school posted on its website.

Tuesday's incident comes more than two months after three people were wounded in a shooting at a different Lone Star College campus -- the North Harris campus in Houston.

Anti-knife legislation on the way...

just outta curiousity.....is that campus gun free?

Never bring up stabbings in debate. People are more likely to survive them (correct me if I am wrong) than if there was a mass shooting. This is fact because guns were meant to be more efficient at killing. The flip side is a gun can empower a 90 year old grandma or 12 year old girl. A knife cannot. Pros and cons.

Or gasoline.

The worst school mass murder in US history was caused by a psycho school board member with a gallon of gas. In Chicago of all places. In the 50's if I remember the story correctly.

It was in Bath Township Michigan on May 18, 1927. 45 killed (36 kids) and 58 injured. He used Dynamite and some kind of incendiary explosive.

You may be thinking of the "Happy Land" night club fire that killed 87 on March 25, 1990 in the Bronx. The murderer used less than $1 worth of gasoline in a plastic bottle he found on the street.

Evil will find a way, guns or no guns.