zoid

Mods please delete.

Need more information.

The person that you have apparently a formal complaint against, what is the nature of the complaint,where is the complaint lodged,NY or NJ and is that person a shooting buddy or part of the same range?

NYPD traveled to Old Bridge?

We need to know a little more about the background as well as what State you live and work in, and where this visit/interview took place. Also, did you ask for their names and write this down?

1) Do you hold beliefs against the US govt? No, do you?

2) Do you shoot with any particular group of individuals or organization? Does the United States Practical Shooting Association count? Or the International Defensive Pistol Association? I'm a competitive shooter.

3) Why do you own firearms? Because that is my right as an American citizen

4) Does the former person you complained about know you have firearms? I do not know and do not see why this has any relevance to the matter.

I would tell the officer that I would not answer any of these questions except in the presence of my attorney. And then I'd get an attorney on the phone and let them advise me how to answer...

And, this seems really underhanded.

+1 Krdshrk.

But never answer a cops questions if you can help it. That video is spot on.

Also, do you work in Jersey? Why the F would an NYC cop leave his jurisdiction? This reminds me of the discovery of NYPD wiretapping an apartment of a Muslim family, in New Brunswick. Their equipment was found in the next room...

I believe further speculation is futile until such time the OP elaborates further......if he/she elaborates further that is.

Any time a cop asks you about firearms, you're shields need to go to maximum. Shut your mouth. They aren't asking because they're just being friendly. They're fishing for some way to jack you up.

You need to be talking to a lawyer, like yesterday. You shouldn't have answered any questions but you know that now.

Keep in mind Nappen is expensive, i.e. 300-400/hr. Not sure what his minimum retainer is. Any lawyer will do at this point just so you can shield yourself from questioning.

One thing is for sure, Bergen County police took a break from issuing summonses to commercial vehicles and NYPD took a trip across the river in order to investigate you for something. Considering that both of those police departments operate under the auspices of extremely liberal anti-gun counties that will break the law to further their doctrine.. If I were you I would be trying to figure exactly who/what/where/when as soon as possible!

I would have politely told them to leave the second they arrived. NO reason for these people to be doing this while your at work... It would also give you the opportunity to figure out what the hell is going on.. I know i would be flipping a shit if they came to see me at work.

It's a tricky situation since you don't know the reason for the questions... I personally would have not answered any questions once ar-15 was said. No point in answering irrelevant questions and it can only hurt you if you manage to say something that raises a brow. I would have told them that i don't feel comfortable with the line of questioning and i would need a more in depth reasoning for it if i were to answer. The questions are simple enough, but the reason is WHY? Doesn't seem like you answered anything negatively, but your still stuck wondering why? i probably wouldn't have even had the NYPD officer present during ANY questioning unless he stated his reason for being there, that throws a huge red flag.

Even if it is bull, it's always good for people to read up on what they should/should not do if they are presented with this situation. Everyone should be mentally prepared for this sort of scenario because if you're not ready, you'll be caught off-guard and will end up saying something you shouldn't have that will incriminate you in some way and make it worse than it could have been. Like someone said before, they're fishing for something to catch you with.

Leads me to believe........... et es CACA DE TORO !

Hmmmmmmmmmmm you shoot at Dix, but Bergen and NYPD questioned you......... odd to say the least especially since you work and live in NJ...I assume NOT bergen County...??mistaken identity.....??

There is still quite allot left out of the conversation ........

Have you been to NY recently...have family there....where from NY....etc....again too much unknown...

You think I just made this whole thing up? Seriously? Really?

..... Sorry....... But maybe....

Just seems so odd that its not even believable.....

Either way..... If true best of luck but you left quite a bit out.....

I answered the questions people had here, that was that.

I'm surprised this is the response, well it is only your response.

But given today's climate around the 2nd Amendment I'd think

people would want to know this information and not simply

dismiss it.

My apologizes Zoid... but I have to echo Nickjc here with a certain amount of skepticism. There seems to be some occurrences and facts missing in the retelling of your story.

We still don't know who and what you have had an issue with in order to file a formal complaint.

We still don't know if the issue occurred in NY or NJ.

We still don't now why, after being a member of this forum and participating in numerous discussions on your rights and the Police you would say anything.

We still don't know why you didn't get the NYPD's officer's card or info.

and I guess the big one is.....we don't know you any more than you know us... or just me for that matter. so instead of getting in touch with a lawyer you post here?