Cold Steel

5 year old shoots 2 year old sister

Unbelievable.

They thought the gun was actually unloaded, and it wasn't,

In an earlier version of the story they said they just kept it in a corner. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you treat all guns as loaded.

These "parents" need their heads examined.

while there is no excuse for this kind of thing.......

i don't truly believe that this is happening any more frequently than it ever has. i think the media's playing their cards by keeping on putting stuff like this up to keep the crap going.......

i don't truly believe that this is happening any more frequently than it ever has. i think the media's playing their cards by keeping on putting stuff like this up to keep the crap going.......

Very True!

Definitely. This story was on nj.com this morning. How often do you hear anything about Kentucky from them.

Awful parenting got their child killed. Loaded, unloaded, what were they thinking? I don't care if it was unloaded, had the bolt/firing mechanicsm removed, and a trigger lock on it. If you have a firearm, and you haven't taught responsibility to you children, it should NEVER be anywhere where they can get to it. Your kids should not only be taught the safe handling (the four big rules), but should be taught to NEVER touch ANY firearm except under their direct supervision and direction. If they see one, to NOT touch it, and to come find them. Or something similar.

Just ridiculous. This type of stuff really goes well beyond simply access to a loaded firearm, which is already mind boggling dumb. Tragic due to tragic stupidity. So sad too.

It's not about guns. This can happen if you leave things like power tools, medicine or even exposed electrical wiring in the reach of your kids.

First thing I did before our kids could walk was change every electrical outlet in the house to type TR. It has an integrated shutter so even if they stick something in it they won't get shocked.

It's not about guns. This can happen if you leave things like power tools, medicine or even exposed electrical wiring in the reach of your kids.

First thing I did before our kids could walk was change every electrical outlet in the house to type TR. It has an integrated shutter so even if they stick something in it they won't get shocked.

great post

absolutely. leaving the gate to your swimming pool open while your 2 year old wanders the yard is no different. This is about negligence, not about guns. It's senseless and completely avoidable. So sad for the loss of life.

And make no mistake, the media is seizing on every one of these stories whenever they can to wave it as a "see!!"