fishnut

Which car should I lease?

Which car should I lease?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. out of these 3 which car should I lease for my wife

• Ford focus
    • Mazda 3
    • Kia rio

If you are leasing not buying then most factors normally considered do not necessarily apply. You will have full warranty coverage for the term of the lease so it really comes down to which one fits and feels best. Even though repair bills aren't a factor dealing with a broken down car is still a PITA so my vote is for the Ford

Even though repair bills aren't a factor dealing with a broken down car is still a PITA so my vote is for the Ford

wha??

lol in all seriousness though, just stay away from the kia. i'm a tech at a honda/kia/mazda dealership. we work on the hondas and its stuff like brakes, shocks and general maintenance. if i'm down at the kia end they have whole engines ripped apart, differentials out, weird electrical problems. go with the mazda or the ford.

wha??

lol in all seriousness though, just stay away from the kia. i'm a tech at a honda/kia/mazda dealership. we work on the hondas and its stuff like brakes, shocks and general maintenance. if i'm down at the kia end they have whole engines ripped apart, differentials out, weird electrical problems. go with the mazda or the ford.

good to know thanks for the info!

I have driven all 3 so I would say the Ford. Don't like a fleece though.

she has a 5 mile round trip drive to work and outside of work we take my truck everywhere so we really cant beat a lease in our situation

she has a 5 mile round trip drive to work and outside of work we take my truck everywhere so we really cant beat a lease in our situation

If this is your situation than get the cheapest lease you can get.

With that said my vote was for the Mazda3 .....i ve rented it a few times in the last year and its a good car. Good acceleration.

I ve also driven the ford.....the Mazda 3 was better for me. Dont know much about KIAs but the tech guy in the previous post is on the inside so that s good info.

I am looking to lease a new car for my wife in the near future. I am looking at the Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and the Kia Rio. In your guys opinion what car should I get.

kias suck. mazda's are decent, but to get a decent mazda dealer, you have to go to nucar in delaware. ford focus is one farking incredible car for the money.

also, don't lease. buy.

I borrowed my brother in laws Mazda 3 and I like it a lot. My wife also drives and explorer and I dislike it, every car can't be a winner.. how about leasing a Honda civic, they're reliable and have seen it as low as $99 a month after whatever bs "qualified" deductions

You can probably get a proper full size car for the same money.  Wifey has a Honda accord, 2012 where the lease payment was cheaper than a civic... yep.

$245 a month, with 0 out of pocket... just tags.

Out of those cars... Mazda's are more fun to drive, Ford Focus i have rented many times and it is a good car.

Focus ST.  Best performance for the money.  I test drove one, however because of certain needs I had to get a used truck.  In a year or so I will probably be getting the ST.

Lease? The last time I asked my accountant about leasing a car, he looked at me like I had suddenly grown a pair of antlers.

I have been driving Eurojunk myself for the last 30 years, but the only cars I actually recommend to people are American -- Honda or Toyota. I used to recommend Eurocars to friends, and some even took my advice, and then I started to notice that I had fewer and fewer friends. Most people don't want to get so involved with their cars, I discovered.

We have an '03 Corolla that I inherited and keep as a spare car. My daughter has "borrowed" it at the moment while I switched the snow tires off her Accord and I tried to track down a trunk leak. The car has been amazing in terms of reliability. I can see why the Corolla is the most popular nameplate in the History of Man.

If I needed a car tomorrow, I'd strongly consider buying a 2013 Civic Si, and that's over the latest offerings from BMW. On a budget, an '03 Corolla would do fine.

My $0.05 ($0.02 with expected inflation).