Maksim

The Purge - movie trailer

I'd buy the all time low crime rate if during the purge all the otherwise good people went out and hunted down all the actual criminals...not people just going full retard and looting and killing for the hell of it. But I know, it is a movie. Looks interesting nonetheless.

I  think that any government that allows 12 hours of reprisal free activity should be aware that non-criminals will use this period to over-throw their stupid assess for allowing 12 hours without the rule of law.

I've commented elsewhere that during this period, I would harden my domicile, set up murder holes, killing corrals, booby traps, wires and whatnot.  After a nice long nap, get food and drink ready and wait out the 12 hours, scanning for looters or bad guys.   It would be better to organize the entire neighborhood and push out the boundary but if that's not possible, do what I can for my local area.

During the 12 hour period, I'd consider putting up a building that zoning says I can't  have.  Oooh, I'm a zoning criminal. lol.

If everything is legal and free from reprisal, why are they wearing masks?

I agree though that hopefully there is more thought behind the 12-hour period besides "The criminals will get it out of their system".  The reality is it's probably the government in the movie justifying their own existence and saying "Look how bad things are after only 12 hours without us"

If everything is legal and free from reprisal, why are they wearing masks?

I agree though that hopefully there is more thought behind the 12-hour period besides "The criminals will get it out of their system".  The reality is it's probably the government in the movie justifying their own existence and saying "Look how bad things are after only 12 hours without us"

so when life goes back to normal no one knows who did what?  obv things can have effects on everyday life that are done during the purge period.

I def want to see it...

so when life goes back to normal no one knows who did what?  obv things can have effects on everyday life that are done during the purge period.

I def want to see it...

I guess that makes sense.. 

I wonder if we'll see a spike in gun permits after the movie comes out?   It seems to highlight the "you're on your own" theme pretty effectively.

What???

Skip that movie.... Fast and furious 6 is out tomorrow. :)

(I'm sure lowslowmiata is going to go to that one)

Just kidding gentlemen

Jokes on you bro I saw it last night and it was awesome... Over the top and stupid at some points but a very entertaining movie

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Jokes on you bro I saw it last night and it was awesome... Over the top and stupid at some points but a very entertaining movie

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Ha, I knew it. I'm going to see it sometime this weekend.

The purge doesn't come out until next weekend anyways and planet earth also.

I saw FF6 last night and it was awesome. If you do make sure you stay past the first credits. There's a little something something. As for the Purge, I'll def be seeing it. It looks like it would be good. I'm interested in seeing how it pans out.

Hey... keep  The Slow and the Curious 6 out of this movie thread..... I will admit, that ricer stuff is a guilty pleasure.... I will absolutely see it on TV.... not sure about in the movies.

Speaking of good movies, when is that Zombie one supposed to be out?  World War Z?

During the 12 hours I would go to one of the parks in Cherry Hill and smoke in blatant violation of our town ordinance.

It ain't murder but I would enjoy all of the dirty looks from the health ninnies.

I don't think you'd see to many of them out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I do have to wonder how much of a police force you'd have left the next day. There seems to be quite a number of process issues that crop up at T plus 12:01.

In the trailer, they show the metal security doors (and I'd assume windows too).  How did the masked people get inside?

I guess I'll have to watch the ful movie, lol

Probably some dumbass sitting on the 'disarm' button.

I bet that day would be the most popular international travel day of the year.  Citizens leaving town to seek safety and international arrivals seeking a manhunt.

Parts of this country would just go to hell, quickly.  "Some men just want to watch the World burn."

Just saw the movie with the wife and she finally realized she needs more firearms training just like how I realized after I saw rambo 10

Btw the movie is nothing special it wasnt a complete waste of time. It was ok. 

I would rate it 6.5 out of 10. A plus For originality. Nothing realistic about it a few things. All firearms used had no recoil. Typical. 

The premise falls apart if during the 12 hours, every arsonist and bomb maker blew up and burned the infrastructure to the ground since no emergency services will be deployed to quell the damage before it gets too large.  12 hours to destroy every hospital, gas station, police station, power plant, etc.  By the time the 12 hours finishes the country will make Katrina, Fukashima, Chernobyl, the 2004 Tsunami and the 1871 Chicago Fire look like a blip.