dimitrge

Bass pro Shops opening Sayreville 2015

I live right next door.  I'll believe it when I see it.  In order for this business plan to work (as presented), high-end condos need to be built on top of the stores, ala Pier Village in Long Branch.  Traffic will be CRAZY, and I never saw or read anything about this going all of the way thru Sayreville's planning board.  And you have to drive piles into what was once National LEAD, which hasn't been fully cleaned-up yet to my knowledge (and has rumored barrels buried here, there and everywhere).  I wish them luck and I hope it happens, but boy-o-boy, what are all of those folks in those 1/2 million dollar condos gonna do when the Shit Plant right next door gets ripe on a hot Summer night??

Dave

Shootist AND Realist

I hope they are not going to sell those awful assault rifles.

And why buy ammo in NJ? Buy in PA or anywhere else. NJ is rich  -  doesn't need the tax money.  If the NJ retailers have a problem with that they need to call Christie.

Bonus - your purchase will not be recorded. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!

I live right next door.  I'll believe it when I see it.  In order for this business plan to work (as presented), high-end condos need to be built on top of the stores, ala Pier Village in Long Branch.  Traffic will be CRAZY, and I never saw or read anything about this going all of the way thru Sayreville's planning board.  And you have to drive piles into what was once National LEAD, which hasn't been fully cleaned-up yet to my knowledge (and has rumored barrels buried here, there and everywhere).  I wish them luck and I hope it happens, but boy-o-boy, what are all of those folks in those 1/2 million dollar condos gonna do when the Shit Plant right next door gets ripe on a hot Summer night??

Dave

Shootist AND Realist

Oh that divine odor when passing the Raritan tolls..

Ass Pro has been known to have folks working for them who say things like "What do you need those Assault rifles for, they aren't for hunting" , and for the longest time, basically until Remington started makign AR's in Camo, refused to carry Armalite pattern (Or any other EBR) firearms..they were at least, Very Fuddish..Gander was like that during the federal AWB but has seen the light and embraces Black Rifles now.. Bass pro is and has been primarily fishing-oriented with hunting/shooting as a side thing.

I would think so too.  I follow firearms manufacturers and stores, and one of those is Cabelas.  One of the key driver's of Cabelas' growth was due to firearms.

I mean, Cabelas is a great day trip.  Out of all the big SG stores, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain... only Cabelas has that much space dedicated to firearms.  Every time I go to one, they are always busy.

Dave

Shootist AND Realist

I live right down Main Street as well. This whole complex is a bad idea.

Dave

Shootist AND Realist

Yup, the place sticks really bad at times, drive by it every day.

Not sure I would go to DE. Its the same amount of time for me to go to Hamburg as to where the DE store will be. The only draw would be the tax savings. I generally don't buy too many things at the store and buy more online, so the tax savings is moot. It's rare I go to the store to do anything other than browse.

Not sure I would go to DE. Its the same amount of time for me to go to Hamburg as to where the DE store will be. The only draw would be the tax savings. I generally don't buy too many things at the store and buy more online, so the tax savings is moot. It's rare I go to the store to do anything other than browse.

Christiana area in DE is only about an hour, hour 15, right over the bridge, a few mins off of the pike.

In-laws live in Maryland.  I've been looking forward to this Cabela's since they announced it.  Finally something to look forward to during a weekend with the in-laws.

I live in Parlin and I think this mall is either going to be a disaster or never going to happen.  This is their plan:  http://luxurypoint.com/

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/06/sayrevill_bass_pro_shops_store.html

I think it will be built the company has completed over 100 of these brownfield projects so they experienced in this field.

The mayor of Sayreville said the municipality has a budget of $54 million and this project will bring in $20 million in tax revenues. I find it hard to believe the town will let that pass.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I read the article from the link.  2K apartments and Condos to be built right on top of / next to the County's Sewage Treatment Plant.  Only a single High School, Middle School and Upper Elementary School in the entire town as of now, so how in the hell is that gonna work?  And they still have to go in front of the Planing Board to get final approvals before they drive the first piling.  That's when the Politicians start extortion for the new schools and extra fire equipment and Cops.  THEN we'll all see what will REALLY happen.......This IS Jersey after-all, lol!

Four things:

1. Relocation of the "friends" of Angelo Bruno and his successors

2. A ramp from northbound 295 to southbound 42

3. A ramp from northbound 42 to southbound 295

4. Fulfillment of the George Norcross Retirement Fund.

Nothing to see here

Keep moving.