2ANJ

Stupidity...in Jackson NJ

Jackson Police Department

Arrest Made in Response to Suspicious Vehicle Report

On Thursday June 6, 2013 at 8:53 pm, officers responded to Albany Avenue after the department had received calls about a suspicious vehicle parked in the area. It was reported that a red Mazda was parked in the area..., occupied by two subjects who may be involved in narcotics activity.

Officers responded and located a 1992 Mazda Hatchback with two male occupants who appeared to be asleep. While speaking with the occupants, it was learned that they did not live in the immediate area where the car was parked. During this time, officers observed what appeared to be a rifle scope partially covered by other items in the rear hatchback of the vehicle and also what appeared to be ammunition scattered about the interior of the car.

The occupants were ordered out of the vehicle and it was discovered that the driver had a hypodermic syringe on his person. During further investigation and a search of the vehicle, 7 other syringes were recovered from the vehicle along with various types of ammunition, a bolt action Mosin-Nagant 7.62 mm rifle, a Mossberg rifle and a Ruger 10/22 .22 caliber rifle and hollow point .22 cailber ammunition. The Ruger had been altered with modifications which caused it to be classified as an assault rifle under New Jersey statutes. Neither of the subjects possessed a New Jersey Firearms Identification Card to legally possess the firearms and it was determined that the property belonged to the driver of the vehicle.

Arrested:
Clifford Craemer 2nd, age 26 of Forked River, NJ.

Mr. Craemer was charged with: Possession of Hypodermic Syringes, Improperly Transporting a Firearm, Possession of an Assault Rifle and Possession of Hollow Point Ammunition. Bail was set at $75,000.00 and he was later lodged in the Ocean County Jail. The investigation is still ongoing at this time.

Residents are reminded that when they witness suspicious activity/persons, to please contact police headquarters so that available officers may be dispatched to investigate.

I've commented on the article that they are spreading misinformation.

Neither of the subjects possessed a New Jersey Firearms Identification Card to legally possess the firearms 

A NJ FID is NOT required to possess a firearm.

And this happened literally around the corner from where I used to live at the Jackson Vet.....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=albany+ave+jackson+nj&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c17f22108fde11:0x60baa5f20ce29dc5,Albany+Ave,+Jackson,+NJ+08527&gl=us&ei=UjG2Ufm0Kcfc4APBzYCIBg&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

I was under the impression that if you did not have an FID card you could only transport long guns directly to and from the range, a smith, or if moving.  Didn't look like they were in the process of any of those things...

I was under the impression that if you did not have an FID card you could only transport long guns directly to and from the range, a smith, or if moving.  Didn't look like they were in the process of any of those things...

That's accurate...but not they clearly said "possess" not "transport".

Plus, I don't think you can transport a long gun other than for those reasons (plus hunting) even with an FID?

...............I am curious as to what is so stupid..................

Well I think the following two quotes sum up "..what is so stupid..."

1. Being a druggie and driving around with syringes, illegal unregistered firearms, and hollow points in your car.

That was easy!

Falling asleed in a car with needles and weapons all over the place doesnt sound .....smart!

actually the possession is illegal since they do not fall under any exemption for transportation. i would say he got lucky they didn't tag that charge on.. The illegal transport infraction probably has to do with the rifles not being secured.

Funny though.... i just finished lunch and was puffing on my e-cig outside of work the other day and an LEO rolled up on me... i actually almost took off cause he was in plain cloths, saw a shadow walk up to my passenger side window turn around and then walk to the back and around my car to my driver side.. i was watching the side view mirror and right before i made the decision to take off ,i saw the badge on his waist... he was a nice guy, someone called the cops on me! we got a good chuckle and i thanked him for taking the time to check out the situation, even if it was over nothing..

actually the possession is illegal since they do not fall under any exemption for transportation. i would say he got lucky they didn't tag that charge on.. The illegal transport infraction probably has to do with the rifles not being secured.

Or ammo not seperated, since it was all over.

Good, the vast majority of the crime i am aware of in jax is due to druggies. Unfortunately they are probably out now or will be soon and will be back the getting high first chance they get. These idiots seem even dumber than the usual hypes, next time they may od.

That's accurate...but not they clearly said "possess" not "transport".

Plus, I don't think you can transport a long gun other than for those reasons (plus hunting) even with an FID?

With an FID, you are allowed to possess a unloaded long gun anywhere in NJ aside from restricted areas.

1. Being a druggie and driving around with syringes, illegal unregistered firearms, and hollow points in your car.

That was easy!

Unregistered longguns?  Only pistols are registered in NJ. 

OK they were stupid and dumb. They broke some laws. Well that is unique!  Don't really care.  Who did they harm - past or present??   

Maybe their mothers didn't love them. LOL.

All in Jackson are now safe from evil.

Funny though.... i just finished lunch and was puffing on my e-cig outside of work the other day and an LEO rolled up on me... i actually almost took off cause he was in plain cloths, saw a shadow walk up to my passenger side window turn around and then walk to the back and around my car to my driver side.. i was watching the side view mirror and right before i made the decision to take off ,i saw the badge on his waist... he was a nice guy, someone called the cops on me! we got a good chuckle and i thanked him for taking the time to check out the situation, even if it was over nothing..

And SOME dipstick is going to ask you if your Chains wear lightly, or insult you in some other way in 3....2.....1

And SOME dipstick is going to ask you if your Chains wear lightly, or insult you in some other way in 3....2.....1

10 post later and 2 days since it was posted and no one did...sooooo carry on

With an FID, you are allowed to possess a unloaded long gun anywhere in NJ aside from restricted areas.

So as long as you have a FID you can travel anyplace, anytime in NJ with an unloaded longgun? The "must be going to/from range, smith, moving" only applies to handguns?

Right. But the statute reads you must have been -issued- a FPID. You don't actually need it on you. But not being able to present it will probably make things more difficult for you. Personally, i try to have it on me to avoid issues.

Right. But the statute reads you must have been -issued- a FPID. You don't actually need it on you. But not being able to present it will probably make things more difficult for you. Personally, i try to have it on me to avoid issues.

Or at least be able to rattle off your SBI number to the inquiring officer.

Everyone DOES know their own SBI number, RIGHT???