Or do what I did get a glock 23 and 9mm barrel and mags you will have 2 calibers from one gun 40 and 9mm. For a wheel gun you can get something that can shoot 38 special and 357 magnum, you can also do 41 special and 44 magnum for a hoot... I love guns that shoot more than caliber.

I think many people get too wrapped up in ergonomics. A gun doesn't need to be perfectly molded to the hand. FAR more important is reliability and how good a track record it has. A G19 is not the ideal fit for my hand either, but I've spent so much time with it that it doesn't matter.

That said, if you aren't comfortable with it, then it is what it is. I suggest an M&P9 next then. I can't emphasize this enough...stick to what has been proven! Guns are not something I would go off the beaten path with when selecting one.

A Glock is garbage next to a H&K

I am reminded of one of my old bosses who was a antique watch collector but wore a $15.00 Timex everyday to work.

His logic was the Timex and  Patek Philippe were both very adept at telling the correct time but the Timex did it better, longer,cheaper,was more reliable,"took a beating and kept on ticking", with a snazzy band was somewhat fashionable and if broken or lost ,was easily replaced. He also considered the PP wearers as having something to prove or insecure.

You like H&K's...fine but to unjustly belittle a proven product is just not right or provable considering the product.....

Don't get me wrong...HK's are great guns, but I, and many others, don't care for their trigger. I also don't really dig the higher bore axis (though I can live with it) or the trough on the inside of the trigger guard. The point is, even an HK isn't perfect out of the box.

For what it's worth, I've attended 3 different pistol classes. Each class had someone running an HK P30, and I outshot all of those people using a Glock 19. So don't think a Glock can't keep up with an HK when it comes to practical shooting.

NJGunGeek,  I would suggest shooting as many different pistols as possible before dropping the $ on anything.  As many have suggested the Glock is a good, reliable pistol.  I happen to not like them but I do own one.  

I also live in Ocean County, and have several of the pistols suggested in this thread (Glock, M&P, HK, Sig, FN, Springfield, etc).  If you want we could meet up so you can try some things out provided you bring your own ammo lol.  

PM me if interested.  

Edit - I was in multiple threads, and no one suggested anything other than a glock in here lol.  My offer still stands nonetheless.  

You like Glocks that's fine. To me they feel very cheap. I much rather the Springfield over the Glock. I also like Sig 226. I have shot Glocks and you can have them I also know quite a few cops that would love to get rid of them if they could.

me they feel very cheap. I much rather the Springfield over the Glock.

HAHAHA, funniest statement of the year so far. A Glock feels cheap, so you prefer a Springfield (XD series I presume)?

Also who cares that you know a few cops that want to dump their Glocks. Most cops are actually not really gun guys. What do they want to trade their Glocks in for, XD's? Haha