gleninjersey

Favorite & Least Favorite Handgun

Favorite for what purpose?  For HD it is my Glock G22 for its super reliability, .40cal stopping power and 15+1 capacity - but it is not exactly a fun range toy.  For fun and accuracy on the range I love my 1911's.

As far as "fun to shoot":

Kimber 1911 in 9mm - fave.  Stoopid accurate, light recoil, and it's a 1911.

Kel-Tec PF9 9mm - least fave.  It's like hitting the webbing of the hand with a hammer over and over and over...

C

Most favorite... Glock 23, gen3 - Perfect size and Reliable, durable and customizable, versatile with options galore, resistant to environment, simple, easily maintained and repaired, and it likes everything.

Least favorite... It would also have to be the Glock 23 - Ugly and blocky, grip not adjustable and has ergonomics of a brick, sort of boring and stuck on itself. Stock sights are crappy as well and no beaver tail, and that irritating trigger blade, and trigger guard that chaffes middle finger.

Least favorite:

This is really an embarrassment of riches situation- Ruger P95, 9mm.

It's really accurate, super reliable, fits great in my hand and recoils like a .22

But it's kind of boring both in looks and fun factor at the range, especially compared to the wheel guns.

Least favorite:

This is really an embarrassment of riches situation- Ruger P95, 9mm.

It's really accurate, super reliable, fits great in my hand and recoils like a .22

But it's kind of boring both in looks and fun factor at the range, especially compared to the wheel guns.

Wait, so the P95 is your favorite and least favorite at the same time?

How easy is it to clean the P95. It's on my list due to recommendations and affordability. After your "positive" review I'm now even slightly more interested. If you have shot the MP9, how do the two compare?

Favorite Springer MC Operator 45 / CZ SP -01 9 mm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Least Keltec   P 380

Wait, so the P95 is your favorite and least favorite at the same time?

How easy is it to clean the P95. It's on my list due to recommendations and affordability. After your "positive" review I'm now even slightly more interested. If you have shot the MP9, how do the two compare?

No, my fave is my GP100, but that P95 is awesome. The point I was trying to make is that I'm lucky in that even my least favorite is a winner.

Re cleaning:

Field strip is super easy. I just took down the slide (safety, firing pin) a couple of days ago and that was also really easy. Plenty of YouTube videos to walk you through it.

Magazines also break down easily.

Favorite.....GLOCK 34

Least favorite....SIG 229R DAK....went to the bin...

Close second faves....GLOCK 19 and HK USPc .40

Lol I love my P229R DAK

Hated my Glock so I got rid of it, fave gun is my Remington R1

Favorite:

HK USP45 - very accurate, fun to shoot, looks good, 45 stopping power and the sentimental value of being my first firearm.

Least Favorite:

Beretta 96A1 - it's a great gun but I just can't get used to the safety/decocker.

considering i only have a few handguns, this will be an easy and short post

favorite - cz75b matte stainless..  feels incredible in my hands, shoot really well (after i got the extractor problem resolved) and had pretty light recoil.. (oh, and it looks beautiful)

least favorite - not really MINE, its my wife's..  s&w 640 snubbie 38.   nice little solid gun (its not the airweight models), but its got more recoil than my CZ, dont really love the sights and its got a pretty heavy trigger pull..  but, i've only shot it once so its not really a fair comparison..  

favorite  1911 

least favorite blackhawk 357

Re: the Blackhawk. What specifically don't you like? I've never shot one, but was thinking of getting one in .41 mag for handgun hunting (in America of course, not NJ).

Any info would be appreciated.

Re: the Blackhawk. What specifically don't you like? I've never shot one, but was thinking of getting one in .41 mag for handgun hunting (in America of course, not NJ).

Any info would be appreciated.

It is fun to shoot their is nothing i do no like about it, it would be my least favorite because you have empty each round one at a time with the ram rod, and load one at a time while spinning the cylinder.. being the type of gun it is a great shooter and It is an excellent cowboy style gun..