Sign in to follow this  
NJDrew1

Poor Guy Forgot His Bolt

I was at CJRPC yesterday afternoon and man, was it quiet.  Me and one other guy on the general purpose range.  A guy, who just joined the club and got his credentials at the last meeting came, with his 2 kids, to fire a new rifle he purchased.  Being the diligent parent he is, since he was storing the rifle in a soft-sided rifle bag at home, he had removed the bolt to keep the rifle safe.  Afteer  setting up his targets (in the beautiful new stand he built), we set the range hot and he loaded his magazines but then realized he didn't bring the bolt. Luckily enough, he also brought a handgun to fire in the pits.  It did give us the opportunity to talk and answer a few questions he had as a new member.

Worse I've done was forgot to bring mags for a pistol I brought. Luckily though, I had other firearms to shoot. Now I double/triple check everything before I leave.

I forgot my mags for a few pistols I wanted to shoot. I then realized when I got home that they were actually in my range bag. :facepalm:

Why do you take out a charging handle? No safe?

Why do you take out a charging handle? No safe?

I had stripped the gun at home right before heading to the range (I don't remember why I stripped it that time) and I was in a rush to get to the range because I only had so much time. When I assembled it, I was in such a rush I simply forgot the charging handle.  

I hear yall. Forgot one time to bring mags for my springfield 1911 to classic pistol. Being good guys they let me boroow some. Sure enough when i was finished at the range i checked again and. Pooof. There they were in the range bag. Self admitted idiot. Weve all been there. I hope.

Is it really necessary to take out the bolt? 

Serious question.

Soft case I understand so ok take out the bolt because of kids around, but what I see is a bigger problem. What about a safe? Ammo in an ammo can, rifle in the safe, having kids no a problem. 

Is it really necessary to take out the bolt? 

Serious question.

Soft case I understand so ok take out the bolt because of kids around, but what I see is a bigger problem. What about a safe? Ammo in an ammo can, rifle in the safe, having kids no a problem. 

I have kids and I don't take my bolts out.  Guns and ammo are locked up separately.  Not to mention, what would you do with your AR??

I forgot my stapler and staples once and that is your whole range session right there at Easton. I ended up being pissed off and, as gross as it sounds, ended up using chewing gum I had sitting around in my truck. It didn't work great but was tacky enough to hold a few targets up for an hour of pistol shooting. 

And no, no one else was on the range to let me borrow their stapler or tape or anything.