millsan1

I hate to say it, but I love the Glock

With my G35 equipped with a Trijicon RMR02 RDS and a KKM barrel I have shot a 1.6" 10 shot group at 25 yards while zeroing from a rest.

I know a guy that routinely shoots 2" 5 round groups offhand at 25 meters with a similar G34 setup. He is one of the best shooters I know.

Our Prosecutors Office carries the PX4 (They are transitioning to G23 & 27s this fall) and I have a bunch of trigger time behind one as a range instructor for the County SWAT team. And I think Metuchen just went to Beretta .45s from G21s.

I can not warm up to Beretta. I HATE double/single action guns. Give me a single trigger pull to learn all day long. And, I think they are *GASP* ugly :)

beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder my friend but ugly????  you blaspheme!!!!!!!!!!  lol

I do think the trigger on the px4 could be better but once you get used to it, at least for me, it feels like butter now. 

As far as Beretta, they look pretty for a platic gun...I bought a px4-45 as my first pistol about 14 months ago. Seemed smart with the decocker and all...Once you get into shooting though, you relize the decocker is not necessary, and that DA/SA stuff is for the birds. The PX4 was never especially accurate for me out at 25 yards because the grip is way too fat (for me). Nothing like a single stack for shootability :-). I decomisheded my PX4 and will likely sell it next year.

agree, the decocker is not necessary.  Why didn't you adjust the grip to make it thinner?  I did this as the medium grip was a little to wide for me.  Mine has served me well and accuracy has been great. 

Some of you may laugh but the best handgun I ever owned was a Bersa Thunder 9.  I couldn't induce a jam, never cleaned it, was fairly accurate, compact, and cheap.  Wish I never got rid of it.

agree, the decocker is not necessary.  Why didn't you adjust the grip to make it thinner?  I did this as the medium grip was a little to wide for me.  Mine has served me well and accuracy has been great. 

Some of you may laugh but the best handgun I ever owned was a Bersa Thunder 9.  I couldn't induce a jam, never cleaned it, was fairly accurate, compact, and cheap.  Wish I never got rid of it.

I put the small back strap in..Didn't help much...The PX4 is ok, but it has a 4" barrel that (all other things being equal) will not be as accurate as a 1911 with a 5" (or my XDm-Competition with a 5.3" barrel). Throw the fat grip in, throw the fact that I had to skate tape the grip cause it has almost no checkering on each side, throw the DA/SA issue in, throw the decocker in - I mean why bother. It is really not set up well for a "marksmen" type gun. I am talking 25 to 50 yards...I am sure it has a good application, I just can't figure out what that is :-)...It is a good first gun for the newbes that like the decocker...Of course it is all a matter of tasts - but there are several distict qualities it has that will make it harder to shoot the PX4 compared to other options out there...Granted, we all have different reasons to shoot. Mine is marksmanship first (this means shooting well at 25-50 yards), run and shoot competition, and as a side benefit to these PD...There are many folks, that put PD first and are mostly concerned with hitting center mass at PD distances - say 20-30 feet max (after that you will be indighted if you use your weopon) - the PX4 should work fine for them.

I was an anti Glock guy, mostly because I hate going along with the crowd, more than anything.

I ended up with a Glock 34, through a series of events.

I have shot it a fair amount, probably 1,000 rounds in the past few weeks.

Once I became comfortable with it, and found a good hold, it really is an accurate gun.

What totally converted me, however, was the engineering.  I dug into it last night to give it a good cleaning and to take a hard look at the guts.

First off, the cleaning was the easiest cleaning I have done yet.  I had not even opened it up since I got it and was expecting a pretty dirty interior.  Nope.  There was some residue, etc, but overall, it really did not retain any mess like my 92FS does.  Cleaning took all of 5 minutes.

I then marveled how easy it was to take apart and put back together, which is the opposite of my M&P CORE, which has one of the dumbest take down procedures EVER.

After cleaning and putting it back together, I just sat there looking at the gun, and said to myself "I think I love this thing".

God have mercy on my soul.

What is dumb about the field strip procedure for the core? Don't they break down like the regular M&P's. Which I find every bit as easy as the Glock to break down.

Glocks are a lot more mechanically accurate than they're often given credit for. A lot of people just can't shoot them well so they blame it on the gun (not referring to anyone here, just saying how they got the reputation for being less accurate than other guns).

Why do you like the 24? I really want one for some reason....

Wondering if you can feel a difference between it and a G35 or not.

I love my 17L. You can check it out at the next OBRPC steel match if you can make it. I don't have a 34 yet to compare, a Gen 4 G34 is next on my list.

I like my Glock 30. It's very nice and great for the price. It is consistent and very easy to use. I purchased the Glock 21 magazines with the AG magazine spacer and now it's full sized. I still do prefer my Hi-Power for home defense though. 

I've got an older Glock 22 and can't really ask for a much nicer .40.  Very accurate, Very reliable, Very easy to care for.  A little chunky in my hands though so I'd like to shoot a G4 gun sometime to compare the fit and feel for a possible trade out.  

Y'all are missing something, a couple of people touched on it but not enough.

G20. As far as I'm concerned glock is the only game in town that has tiny little carry guns all the way up to the most powerful, usable auto loading round. They all have the same formfactor, shoot the same & reliability. Yes there smaller guns then the G26 & bigger guns like the desert eagle. But not from the same line of guns. Finally everyone knows 10mm is the tits!

Y'all are missing something, a couple of people touched on it but not enough.

G20. As far as I'm concerned glock is the only game in town that has tiny little carry guns all the way up to the most powerful, usable auto loading round. They all have the same formfactor, shoot the same & reliability. Yes there smaller guns then the G26 & bigger guns like the desert eagle. But not from the same line of guns. Finally everyone knows 10mm is the tits!

The 10mm remains a specialized round, and it's not for everyone. If the Glock 20 hadn't come along, the 10MM Auto just might be on a dusty shelf somewhere along with the .400 Cor-Bon, the 10mm Express, the 10mm Mag., and the .40 Super,  After development of the cartridge by the FBI & S&W, the early S&W 1006, the Bren Ten, and the Colt Delta Elite never set any sales records in this cartridge until the infatuation with the popular Glock's. When the G20 was introduced, the rest is history.

I love my Glock 34.  I bought one, shot it quite a bit.  Thought I didn't need it and sold it to a very happy recipient.  Two weeks later I bought another one.  

The simplicity of the design is brilliant, as is the reliability, dependability and the availability of parts to customize it to your liking or do your own trigger job. While they are not "lookers" and will not win a beauty contest, you get incredible value for the money and can't go wrong with a glock.

The simplicity of the design is brilliant, as is the reliability, dependability and the availability of parts to customize it to your liking or do your own trigger job. While they are not "lookers" and will not win a beauty contest, you get incredible value for the money and can't go wrong with a glock.

+1

I was very anti-glock because they are ugly. But my oldest son liked them because he shot some matches with a friends glock. So I bought a glock 34 gen 4, added some fiber optic sights, messed around with the grips til I found one I liked, then decided to test drive this gun.

It shot well enough that I decided to use it for a match. Turns out I must have gotten a good one because it shot almost all alphas all day long. Well mostly alphas, there were three charlies and a mike on a swinger. Thats not too bad.

Luckily I never told my son I bought it for him to use at the matches. I don't think he needs to know.