Jfoster99

Would you trade CCW for a full AWB?

Would you be willing to trade away our already neutered Federal privilege to own Assault Style weapons for National CCW Reciprocity

You get CCW License good anywhere in the country including NYC, DC, LA, ect. Let's even go as far as to say constitutional carry recognized by the Supreme Court.

In exchange All semi auto rifles that accept a detachable magazine are banned .

If it depends on the details of the Assault weapon Ban to be implemented list the exceptions you can accept in exchange for a national CCW.

Exception you would accept...

Everything is grandfathered

Only Center fire ammunition rifles are banned

Gov. Compensates us for any rifle/ magazine they confiscate / ban.

Ect,ect, ect

Here's an attempt at a reasoned answer - please remember this is almost midnight on Superbowl Sunday.

In England they wanted to take the semi-auto rifles in 1988. The pistol, shotgun and bolt-action folks said "meh". They took the semi-auto rifles. (The "event" that triggered this was the Hungerford shooting where Michael Ryan killed most of his victims with pistols - go figure)

In England they wanted to take the pistols in 1998. The shotgun, bolt-action rifle and muzzle loading folks said "meh". They took the pistols. (The event was Thomas Hamilton killed 15 school children in Dunblane with pistols he had obtained without a valid licence - the people who sold the guns were never prosecuted)

In England in 2005 they wanted to stop fox hunting. Deer and vermin hunters said "meh". They banned fox hunting.

Please, please, please learn from our mistakes. The anti crowd will use divide and conquer to split us from like minded folks. Don't let them.

I don't hunt. I don't shoot skeet. I have no interest at all in muzzle loading. I've done bullseye to death and I want more action in my shooting these days. I will defend all the things I don't want to do personally because I have been burned too many times already by indifference.

The anti's attitude is typically "I don't understand why anyone would want to do this awful thing. It should be banned." They need to learn that it is none of their business. If they don't have any interest they should butt out and leave it to those who do.

They take their ignorance and turn it into oppression. It is time we all stood together and made it plain that no means no.

I'd like to point out that no matter how much we would like to not give into anything things are always taken from us without our consent.  For example the mag capacity limits and the evil features of the NJ AWB.  This state is fucked with no chance of coming back, that's why people are leaving.  

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2014/01/moving_vans_taking_people_out_of_state_in_droves_survey_finds.html