ryan_j

Best theory so far for the disappearance o flight MH370.

There have been a lot of experts talking about this incident - pilots, investigators and other aviation professionals.

But this pilot seems to be on the money:

https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

Basically he thinks it was an electrical fire, and they started unplugging everything, and tried to turn back to another airport.

Yep. I heard them talking about this possibility this morning.

But I also heard a retired Air Force Colonel this morning saying the fact that the USS Kidd is pulling out of the Indian Ocean and the increase in flights by the Israeli Air Force, makes him believe that they and we know more than what has been put out there.

Who knows.

Its either in China or Russia. I'm thinking China....

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

If it is in China, then they're going to have a serious problem in re: what to do with all the Chinese passengers on board. If they're being held captive, somewhere, then I'd have expected escape attempts or contacting their family in China, somehow. Or, maybe, logistical activity (ie. securing food and the like for them). I would have guessed the "terrorists" (or whatever) by now have confiscated all the cell phones, tablets, electronics, etc. to prevent them from contacting family. To date, we've heard nothing from the passengers. I'd have expected to hear from them, or hear of attempts to contact family members and vice versa... I can only conclude that something terribly tragic has happened to them :( :(

If a Chinese terror group is involved, I'm sure they'd lose support quickly if it was discovered that they "neutralized" all those Chinese passengers on home turf. I don't think it's the "government" either - since there's not much new technology to gain from taking an aircraft - the Chinese govt. already has them. Is there much in such an aircraft that is "classified?"

I don't think it's in China. If it is, it wouldn't be the swiftest of moves.

Basically he thinks it was an electrical fire, and they started unplugging everything, and tried to turn back to another airport.

That doesn't address the fact that the transponder was turned off prior to the last radio contact.  Why, if there was an electrical fire, would they not alert air traffic controllers of the issue during that contact? 

If a fire got to the point of burning the transponder, or it's wiring, don't you think some sort of alarm would have alerted the pilots to the fire? 

Kidd is pulling out because aircraft can cover more sea than an destroyer. The captain was on CNN last night telling the reason why. The planes they have up can cover thousands of miles the ship can't.

(For the record I am in the camp it was hijacked, landed and will be used later in a plan so original and devious we will all be speechless. I put nothing past their plans and attempts to target tr US with this beast). I'd rather assume the worst and be thankful for the least. They've already pulled off the impossible for over a week. I'm sure getting to US is the next impossible.

Kidd is pulling out because aircraft can cover more sea than an destroyer. The captain was on CNN last night telling the reason why. The planes they have up can cover thousands of miles the ship can't.

(For the record I am in the camp it was hijacked, landed and will be used later in a plan so original and devious we will all be speechless. I put nothing past their plans and attempts to target tr US with this beast). I'd rather assume the worst and be thankful for the least. They've already pulled off the impossible for over a week. I'm sure getting to US is the next impossible.

I too think it was hijacked/or the pilot(s) were in on it's disappearance.  It "disappeared" at all too perfect of a time- right when one ATC would hand off to the next. 

I have been reading a lot of the theories out there, and I agree that it's going to be used in a very bad way...when and how are the next questions. 

If it is in China, then they're going to have a serious problem in re: what to do with all the Chinese passengers on board. If they're being held captive, somewhere, then I'd have expected escape attempts or contacting their family in China, somehow. Or, maybe, logistical activity (ie. securing food and the like for them). I would have guessed the "terrorists" (or whatever) by now have confiscated all the cell phones, tablets, electronics, etc. to prevent them from contacting family. To date, we've heard nothing from the passengers. I'd have expected to hear from them, or hear of attempts to contact family members and vice versa... I can only conclude that something terribly tragic has happened to them :( :(

If a Chinese terror group is involved, I'm sure they'd lose support quickly if it was discovered that they "neutralized" all those Chinese passengers on home turf. I don't think it's the "government" either - since there's not much new technology to gain from taking an aircraft - the Chinese govt. already has them. Is there much in such an aircraft that is "classified?"

I don't think it's in China. If it is, it wouldn't be the swiftest of moves.

I don't believe every passenger is Chinese though. A

Guess is as good as it gets. All just guesses...

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I don't believe every passenger is Chinese though. A

Guess is as good as it gets. All just guesses...

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Yep. Just guesses. I know the entire passenger list is not all Chinese, and in fact includes 3 Americans among the others. I was only commenting on the possibility that the "kidnappers" (or whatever) were of Chinese origin or targeting Chinese, and/or their intent to land in China or and/or preserve the aircraft. If that is the case, then it was a really stupid move to bring the aircraft to China and/or "neutralize" all the passengers there.

If it is in China, then they're going to have a serious problem in re: what to do with all the Chinese passengers on board. 

I don't think it was China but if it was getting rid of the passengers, citizens or not, would hardly be an issue for the Chinese gov't. Their human rights record is right up there with Iran.

I too think it was hijacked/or the pilot(s) were in on it's disappearance.  It "disappeared" at all too perfect of a time- right when one ATC would hand off to the next. 

I have been reading a lot of the theories out there, and I agree that it's going to be used in a very bad way...when and how are the next questions. 

It will have to be soon....you can't just park these things and expect them to come back to life after sitting for an extended period....unless the idiots don't know this...

How hard would it be to fake a IFF transponder code and flight plan and insert it into an airspace pattern?

If you strip the plane down of all seats etc. is it large enough to hold a small nuke.... ?

Again if you can do both the above...what is the MAX ceiling of a 777, 43K feet with a 9kNM range....

What happens if a nuke detonates at 43k feet...?  EMP

Absolutely will hold the weight of a nuke.  The largest nuclear device ever detonated was by Russia, and it weighed 60,000lbs.  The 777 has a payload capacity of around 247,000lbs.  You wouldn't even have to worry about stripping the seats out. 

Absolutely will hold the weight of a nuke.  The largest nuclear device ever detonated was by Russia, and it weighed 60,000lbs.  The 777 has a payload capacity of around 247,000lbs.  You wouldn't even have to worry about stripping the seats out. 

You have to take in to account floor loading. Not saying it would be a 60,000 lb bomb, but you can't just put a 5000 lb or 10,000 lb item in an aircraft and go.

Depending on the size of the object, it could buckle the airframe.

No different then putting a heavy safe on the floor of your home that exceeds the sq footage allowance.

Depending on the size and weight of the object, weight and balance, ie center of gravity, needs to be taken into account.

Too much weight aft or forward could make the aircraft uncontrollable in flight if they could even get it off the ground.

Or they could target Israel.  I'm inclined to agree with the hijacking for nefarious purposes theory.

And yes, I have given considerable thought to the possibility of an EMP.  I am far from an expert on this, but it seems like they could try for a direct hit with a nuke, or if they don't make it, settle for a blast in the sky to create an EMP.

The OP's report of the "best theory" seems even more plausible now.

A report of Maldives natives seeing a low flying Jumbo Jet at about the right time on the same heading that would have taken the plane to Pulau Langkawi has been made.

If the pilot had cranked in the coordinates for that 13000 strip at Pulau Langkawi and then everyone was overcome by a fire, the plane would have continued flying past the Maldives until it ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea before it made Africa.

But does the EMP cause deaths immediately? If I'm a terrorist do I want to cause riots and chaos? Or do I want to take out lives immediately ? People on west coast may yawn at the grid going down on the east coast. But ram plane into a reactor or building you scare everyone

If a fire got to the point of burning the transponder, or it's wiring, don't you think some sort of alarm would have alerted the pilots to the fire?

From my years as a aviation maintenance technician specifically that of a avionics tech I find this all hard to believe. It's funny to hear all the "aviation experts" on TV who once dated a girl who's dad flew a Piper Cub.

Aircraft are rated and tortured prior to being certified with every type of emergency situation in mind, of course accidents do happen. Whether it's maintenance or pilot error things do happen. Unfortunately these types of mistakes you can't design a plane for only can learn from.

On the other hand planes are smarter than the monkeys behind the yoke or joystick in the case of Airbus. If a electrical fire occurs the pilots will be warned of a avionics fire. Systems will then drop off as we call it load shed and only crucial systems to get you down will be available. This usually includes the co-pilots radio dropping off, the captain will usually have his/her VHF/HF radio, not to mention there's always the VHF3 or standby radio. In this case we have reports of the transponder turning off and 14 minutes later the comm radios turning off. That's clearly user actions, not aircraft.

Getting back to the fire, majority of the aircraft avionics are located in the pressure bulkhead of the aircraft (pressurized area.). These areas have their own fire suppression systems.

Avionic zones or as we call it E&E bays have skin air valves which are simply small doors on the sides of the fuselage. When sealed they allow for normal pressurization. When there's avionics cooling or smoke EICAS or crew alerts these valves will open. Of course a big opening in the plane now dumps pressurization but allows airflow to disperse the smoke so nothing comes up into the cabin and cockpit. Odds are at this point a circuit breaker has popped and done it's job. The crew will proceed to use their Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) which is designed by the airliner and manufacturer covering 99.9% of the above mentioned failure tests prior to certification.

If the cargo/luggage catches fire the cargo bin is restricted of air flow and the halon fire bottle discharges. Depending on the manufacturer and design; if the first bottle does not contain the fire the secondary bottle is blown at a specific time. These cargo areas have fire seals which restrict the area and do not allow air from the other areas of the aircraft through the cargo composite liners. The systems are more in depth with valves and filters that interact with engine bleed air but you get the general concept.

Personally I feel there's more to this. All I do know is lives were lost. From the airline employees to family members their lives will never be the same. Being involved in accidents and one fatal crash myself, you will never forget and always think "you" could've prevented it. I'll never forgive myself for signing a plane off, only for it to go down the next night. The work we did that night had no result on the outcome, but it rips you to apart when the only intact piece aircraft was the one you changed.

Avionics Rack with cargo wall removed

Posted Image

Cruising back from Orlando

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy is a pilot and is homeland security also. He just told me he had 3 Air Marshals in the last week when he usually has 1 a month. He is also on board with hijacked and will be used as a weapon. He think a government was involved to hide something that big.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but.... aren't there better/easier ways to get an airplane?

But Boeing tends to get a little pissed when the check for $261,500,000 that you wrote on the Bank of Mohammed bounces.

So it's easier and cheaper to just steal one.

Here is something that may make more sense.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/465557/Malaysian-plane-20-on-board-worked-for-ELECTRONIC-WARFARE-and-radar-defence-company

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

But does the EMP cause deaths immediately? If I'm a terrorist do I want to cause riots and chaos? Or do I want to take out lives immediately ? People on west coast may yawn at the grid going down on the east coast. But ram plane into a reactor or building you scare everyone

Also cost benefit. Nature gave us a live test run. You only need to set some small forrest fires to shut down the west coast grid. It is pathetically fragile. Why steal a plane and try to fly it in with everyone looking while securing a nuclear device when you could just.. you know. Have a couple of dudes on tourist visas go on a hike with osme matches and make a "mistake".

While trying to come up with horrible scenarios, how about this. Dig up as much radioactive junka nd waste as you can. Load up the plane to the gills and wire it with explosives. Get it into the jetstream in the right place, and detonate. Really big, spread out dirty bomb. Given the limited volume, I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as mt. saint helens ash, but I'm pretty sure it would make a ground level version look like a fun time in comparison, and youprobably don't even have to enter airspace to make it pretty awful. 

My bet is still that it was stolen for money. It's an expensive plane.