CMJeepster

ARTICLE: New Jersey is the 47th Best State for Business 2014

2014 Best & Worst States for Business State Rankings

http://chiefexecutive.net/New-Jersey-is-the-47th-Best-State-for-Business-2014#sthash.QUOkixE2.dpuf

------

As if we don't all know it, here's just another confirmation that this state sucks and it's time to get out.  At this point, the only things (besides my job) that keep me here are my wife and kids.  I'd much rather be across the Delaware in my native Pennsylvania.  Sure their gasoline cost is higher, but their property taxes and other things are cheaper.

Domestic Net Migration 2013: -45,035  Anyone else jumping ship?

At least we beat Illinois (48), New York (49) and California (50)!!!

From above article, “New Jersey will continue to lose businesses unless they find a way to alleviate the punitive taxes on businesses and personal homes.”

Maybe getting rid of the corruption in government will help too...

NJ is going to have to hit bottom like RI did. We are following their downward spiral pretty closely. Increasing dependence on narrowing business segments, business hostile, increasing budgets, corruption and graft, said business segments preparing to flee or fold, etc.

If it gets bad enough, it'll be reigned in, but there isn't much of a bounce back so far.

There are so many for sale signs in front of houses in my town it's positively frightening. Our next door neighbors live in what is arguably one of the dozen nicest homes in Newton. Since "realtor day" a couple of months ago they have had ZERO nibbles despite a very reasonable price. I'm afraid when the time comes we will be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no relatives within 150 miles.

Where I am in Morris County I see empty commercial building after empty commercial building. For lease/sale signs just about everywhere. Its getting scary.

I was beginning to think "FOR LEASE" was a new franchise business that was apparently booming in NJ...

I see no flight from my hometown of Millburn. Unfortunately, a lot of people are tied to jobs in Manhattan. So, until DeBlasio ruins Manhattan, being on a midtown direct line and having good schools will keep up demand.

Without those two advantages, I see zero reason to stay in this state, so I could imagine that towns outside of the Manhattan orbit will turn Detroit-like.

I constantly harrass my wife about getting a job in Philly. Then we can move to a nice PA suburb.

Let's face it, the current operating model is not sustainable.  Even with some of the fiscal changes made in recent years it is not nearly enough.  Look at the jobs that are moving away, they are all good paying jobs in industries like Pharma.  Look at the jobs that are staying, state employment, teachers and local police.  Can someone tell me who is going to pay the taxes to support these jobs if there are no high paying jobs and no commercial businesses?  Not that these aren't necessary services but we there needs to be some kind of net income generation and there simply is not.

If I can find a job outside NJ I will be gone too, even my wife agrees.

Yes, every year more tax paying people who contribute more to society than they take leave.  Fewer remain to support the growing nonproductive population.  Eventually it all has to collapse once they can't keep borrowing to pay for it, and NJ goes the way of cities like Detroit.

If you can find a way to leave on your own terms before it falls to pieces completely, I urge you to do it.  The sooner you move the sooner you can recoup the costs of the relocation and begin enjoying a better life.

I'm fixing my house up and hopefully renting it. I'm out of this god forsaken state. It has the highest rates of everything that will either kill your or make you poor.

Going south where its warm and you can fish,ride and shoot damn near every day .I guess it all depends how much you are willing to sacrifice your happiness and freedom to live in NJ.

I would rather be happy .

Edit: And the greater majority of the  population  are assholes who think of no one but themselves as they cut you off while talking on their cells phones

and look at you like you're the asshole . Yep I'm done.

I'm fixing my house up and hopefully renting it. I'm out of this god forsaken state. It has the highest rates of everything that will either kill your or make you poor.

Going south where its warm and you can fish,ride and shoot damn near every day .I guess it all depends how much you are willing to sacrifice your happiness and freedom to live in NJ.

I would rather be happy .

This.!!!!

With a mass exodus, my only plan is renting.

That seriously sucks. Nj needs to be broken down so it can be rebuilt again.

Trying my hardest to think of an exit strategy for me and the wife. We are blue collar workers, so cant shop for job offers in other states like professionals can. Only way would be to quit our jobs, leave, and hope for the best. That would be a huge leap of faith. Also family ties would make it hard to leave.

I work in essex county, thought about moving to Stroudsburg, PA but I wouldn't be able to handle the rt. 80 commute.

It pains me to want to leave the state where i grew up and where my family has lived for generations. But I feel like things are only gonna get worse. The gun laws are just the tip of the iceberg. Taxes, overcrowding, cost of living, etc.. are all huge factors as well.

It will be interesting what the liberal NJ population will have to say in a couple decades once the paradise they have been working towards actually comes into fruition.

Its one thing to for them to pontificate as they enjoy a cushy life in their McMansions and fancy cafes (la di da) but the realities of equal outcome will hit them very hard.

Freudenschade and spite are the only things that keep me smiling these days.

It will be interesting what the liberal NJ population will have to say in a couple decades once the paradise they have been working towards actually comes into fruition.

Its one thing to for them to pontificate as they enjoy a cushy life in their McMansions and fancy cafes (la di da) but the realities of equal outcome will hit them very hard.

Freudenschade and spite are the only things that keep me smiling these days.

You assume that they will stay and sit in the pile they created. Nope. look what is happening in CO and OR. All those Liberals  from CA moved there to avoid what they created in CA and now are ruining CO. FL is getting the same treatment from northeast Liberals and NC is turning Blue as well in areas.

NJ has the highest foreclosure rate in the country now. I'm wondering if some of this is when people attempt to leave, and they cant sell their house, they just walk away and have it foreclosed.

No its because we are #1 in population density. More homes per mile = more loans per mile = more foreclosures. What needed to happen was a huge dump of housing on the market over drpressing values and causing a lowering of the tax rate as well. But the government stepped in and backed the lenders allowing them to hold the houses and basicly prolonged the agony. And on the local tax issue the towns just changed the assesment rates to avoid lowering homeowner taxes.

It will work itself out but only the best places to live will recover at first.

You assume that they will stay and sit in the pile they created. Nope. look what is happening in CO and OR. All those Liberals  from CA moved there to avoid what they created in CA and now are ruining CO. FL is getting the same treatment from northeast Liberals and NC is turning Blue as well in areas.

Just like locusts.