njpilot

No Guns At Chipolte

Actually we do, minus the evil features on the rifle and it being loaded. Other than that, are there any laws on the books barring us from doing the same thing in NJ?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I mean to  have the option to just carry in NJ.

Not the AR guys

Chipotle sucks anyway compared to Moe's...

A young cowboy named Billy Joe grew restless on the farm

A boy filled with wanderlust who really meant no harm

He changed his clothes and shined his boots

And combed his dark hair down

And his mother cried as he walked out

[Chorus]

Don't take your guns to Moe's, son

I like the menu there

Don't take your guns to Moe's

If I were a business owner such as chipotle, I'd ask them to do the same.

If you wanna conceal, go ahead but if 3 guys show up holding AR's, it's bad for business. Just seems dumb to me.

Interesting perspectives, most of them sound like the shoe being on other foot. Whats the difference in walking into a place seeing people open carry vs knowing people may be conceal carrying loaded weapons. How are they any more or less dangerous than a concealed carry, should a "nut" decide to "crack" ?

People do stupid poses for pictures all the time. Did these folks walk into the store with muzzle raised or pointed ? Did they break any laws ? If they did, then let them deal with it accordingly.

We tell everyone and use in literature how stupid it is that an "assault" looking firearm is banned or restricted where as a "innocent" looking equivalent is not.

So why all this negativity on two guys carrying ARs where its legal ?  Would our reaction been different if they carried "innocent" equivalents with wood stocks but with same lethality ? Would our reaction been different it these were two "hot" chicks ?

Two folks show up with open carry (legal) and response is "that guy looks crazy".  If we pay attention to our own words, we sound lot like Sweeney, Weinberg.   In fact, I now have more respect for Sweeneys and Weinbergs. Imagine, you are elected official of State Senate and have to deal with public outcry  (misguided) over having to approve CCW for "self defense" with possibility of "nuts" walking around with loaded, concealed weapons.

Imagine you are CLEO or the guys processing paperwork at PD and have to deal with "crazy looking guys" submitting paperwork, but you still have to stay within law and process the paperwork without any prejudice ? That tough job, going by majority of opinions here.  We (most from here) would do worse job than likes of  Jersey City PDs, because "we" wouldnt like "crazzy looking, short guys" submitting paperwork.

What those two did is stupid, but they are no more crazy than most of us here. I bet they got their firearms through same NICS process and carrying those weapons within law.  Why the out cry ?

Because they are doing it to prove a point. A point that will cause that business to lose money.

I'm all for being aloud to do things that are legal but when your being a douche, well.....

Look at the mom gun owners in the store, they will feel nervous. Whether they know the law or not. So the business owner should suffer because two idiots want to make a point?

There is a huge difference between OC'ing a pistol in a holster and OC'ing a rifle, especially if it's not slung across your back. If you're having to paw at the damn thing for whatever reason then you're going to make people nervous. Hell if I saw someone OC'ing or CC'ing and their hand is grasping their firearm I'm immediately going to be going code Brown and probably putting my hand near mine. If I find out it's because the first person is a WLSBHWDC then they better be prepared for a serious dressing down. You don't touch your firearm unless you're planning on deploying it, and you better be ready for the shitstorm that will be created. The same applies to rifles or shotguns. If you can't carry 'it' with out touching 'it' then don't carry 'it'.

Someone is always nervous about something.  Thats how we got NJ firearm laws.  Dont complain when we get 10 round restriction, because "someone" felt "nervous" about people having 15 rounders.    Lets fact it, people are nervous about lot of things, including seeing black, gay, lesbian, interracial couple in places where they "dont expect". 

Am I going to walk into a store with my children when I see two guys OC'ng ARs ? Absolutely, just like I will walk into a store where a gay couple of kissing. Because

a) Its not lllegal

b) Its their right

c) None of my business .    

The day I feel "nervous" about other people exercising their rights is the day I stopped caring about my own rights.

I think the reason most gun owner are upset about the antics of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum is because they aren't helping win over the general public as far as firearms perception goes. They have done the contrary and set us back in the eyes of the average non-gun owner who isn't necessarily a gun grabber. American politics regardless of topic is fast becoming more of who can win the middle ground. No one is saying they shouldn't be able to do it legally. There's a time and a place to OC an AR15 and that wasn't it. Those idiots handed the anti gun crowd a win on a silver tray, I mean, silver foil in a red plastic basket.

I think the reason most gun owner are upset about the antics of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum is because they aren't helping win over the general public as far as firearms perception goes. They have done the contrary and set us back in the eyes of the average non-gun owner who isn't necessarily a gun grabber. American politics regardless of topic is fast becoming more of who can win the middle ground. No one is saying they shouldn't be able to do it legally. There's a time and a place to OC an AR15 and that wasn't it. Those idiots handed the anti gun crowd a win on a silver tray, I mean, silver foil in a red plastic basket.

THIS

This notion of "winning over general public" is how we ended up all things NJ.  So many people here recall going into woods after school with BB or 22.
Along comes someone and makes law because "we need to win over general public".   FID, P2P, AWB - all to "win over general public". When enough is enough and we "win" over public ?

Here is a secret - you dont win over general public - ever, specially when it comes 2A, unless the whole country goes down the drain and everybody's lives become worthless. We have some rights left not because we won over general public, its because we ARE general public (percentage of it anyways).

Only other way to win (?) over general public is to stay "out of sight, out of mind". Lock your guns in a box, ammo separate, lock it again, put them in a pink box and wrap is with a puppy print towel. Instruct your kids NOT to tell anyone about your firearms or interests because they will then unfriend you. Lay low, clean your unloaded, double, triple checked weapons in a closed basement, dont do it on your front porch.     Is it really winning ?

No doubt those two picked wrong spot to take pics, but Moms... dont need any excuse to bring another corporate into crosshairs and put them on spot.

They may not need any excuses but that doesnt mean we should give them fuel for the fire.

I think the point is that carrying firearms is starting to be seen as more and more of an acceptable thing.  Then when someone takes it to the extreme, it makes people say to themselves " see thats why they should be restricted"

This notion of "winning over general public" is how we ended up all things NJ.  So many people here recall going into woods after school with BB or 22.

Along comes someone and makes law because "we need to win over general public".   FID, P2P, AWB - all to "win over general public". When enough is enough and we "win" over public ?

Here is a secret - you dont win over general public - ever, specially when it comes 2A, unless the whole country goes down the drain and everybody's lives become worthless. We have some rights left not because we won over general public, its because we ARE general public (percentage of it anyways).

Only other way to win (?) over general public is to stay "out of sight, out of mind". Lock your guns in a box, ammo separate, lock it again, put them in a pink box and wrap is with a puppy print towel. Instruct your kids NOT to tell anyone about your firearms or interests because they will then unfriend you. Lay low, clean your unloaded, double, triple checked weapons in a closed basement, dont do it on your front porch.     Is it really winning ?

No doubt those two picked wrong spot to take pics, but Moms... dont need any excuse to bring another corporate into crosshairs and put them on spot.

I disagree. Iowa is a perfect example of grassroots 2A activism targeted at the general populace shifting the state's laws to the pro-gun side. In the last 10 years, Iowa's gun laws have become increasingly pro-gun. They're working on NFA reform now which I think might be putting the cart before the horse as some other, more basic title one gun laws need to be addressed before trying to legalize title two stuff for non-SOTs.

Someone is always nervous about something.  Thats how we got NJ firearm laws.  Dont complain when we get 10 round restriction, because "someone" felt "nervous" about people having 15 rounders.    Lets fact it, people are nervous about lot of things, including seeing black, gay, lesbian, interracial couple in places where they "dont expect". 

Am I going to walk into a store with my children when I see two guys OC'ng ARs ? Absolutely, just like I will walk into a store where a gay couple of kissing. Because

a) Its not lllegal

b) Its their right

c) None of my business .    

The day I feel "nervous" about other people exercising their rights is the day I stopped caring about my own rights.

So you're telling me you wouldn't feel the least bit nervous bringing your children seeing these 2 morons brandishing their rifles in front of a camera in a Chipotle while you're trying to eat?  Well you must be a brave man . .  Negligent discharges happen daily, and these guys seem to be tempting fate. 

I think the reason most gun owner are upset about the antics of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum is because they aren't helping win over the general public as far as firearms perception goes. They have done the contrary and set us back in the eyes of the average non-gun owner who isn't necessarily a gun grabber.

That, and they're giving the anti-gun MSM a lot of fodder for spinning against us!  They (MSM) love this kind of stuff!

So you're telling me you wouldn't feel the least bit nervous bringing your children seeing these 2 morons brandishing their rifles in front of a camera in a Chipotle while you're trying to eat?  Well you must be a brave man . .  Negligent discharges happen daily, and these guys seem to be tempting fate. 

There is nothing brave about it. No more brave than sending my kids to play at a house with weapons. AD/ND could happen anywhere / anytime. There is no guarantees about it. Only way to eliminate is to eliminate firearms (MOM/Anti argument).

Again, I am not supporting someone putting up a stupid pose with weapons. But arguments such as "why do you need to OC AR or....." sound lot like arguments in favor of all those silly restrictions that we all despise. 

I should know when to refrain a discussion, but one last item -

The open carry debate involves one of the more interesting legal/societal firearm discussions.

Lots of things are appropriate in one circumstance, but not in others. What would you think of a restaurant patron noisily and ostentatiously grooming himself in public, e.g. brushing and flossing six feet away? What would you think If you were working in a butcher shop, showed a customer a steak, and he pulled out a 15-inch sword to show you where he wanted it cut?

Open carry is a wonderful thing, but it's not always appropriate. The video of the guy walking into the administration building with a rifle is a perfect example. Why would a person of sound mind do that under normal circumstances? In a concealed-carry state certainly not for self-defense when other tools are available. 

Did you see this video?

That's the conflict of two rights: self defense a la stand your ground, and open carry. Under what circumstances is someone with a carry license allowed to shoot the guy walking around with an AR-15? Should he check his body language first? See if he's smiling or looks wicked (not a crime anywhere to my knowledge)? Should he wait until the guy starts shooting? Should he note if the guy is walking slowly or running into the Chipotle?

Not that it's illegal, nor should it be. But anyone who open carries in densely populated locations is asking for trouble. A cop who shoots you while you're open carrying will get off 100% of the time, and probably get a plaque honoring him at headquarters. And in many states, anybody can claim they feel threatened and shoot you. You have affirmed your rights; now you're dead.

Not to mention the practical fact that this turns more people off to guns, maybe people who had been on the fence.

I just grabbed my lunch at Chipotle while carrying a concealed Glock 19. No one lost their minds, cops weren't called, pictures weren't taken. Pretty nuts, eh?

Wait..so you practiced your second amendment right and didnt cause public alarm..or document it on youtube or instagram...the audacity of you!

I just grabbed my lunch at Chipotle while carrying a concealed Glock 19. No one lost their minds, cops weren't called, pictures weren't taken. Pretty nuts, eh?

They have you on film. You were printing. Only a matter of time.

Actually, not being arrested for printing or un-concealing is one of the best reasons for open-carry laws.

You're not allowed to walk around like that at 95% of ranges.

This has nothing to do with OC. I OC every single day. I don't walk around with a Glock out of my holster and in my hand.

The only reason to bring a rifle into a restaurant is that you decide you can't leave it in the car for some reason. Or, you need to shoot someone in the restaurant with a rifle. That's about it. Not to take dick length pix to post on Facebook. A restaurant is not a place to have a political demonstration.

These guys are Class-A Douche Nozzles.

This has nothing to do with OC. I OC every single day. I don't walk around with a Glock out of my holster and in my hand.

The only reason to bring a rifle into a restaurant is that you decide you can't leave it in the car for some reason. Or, you need to shoot someone in the restaurant with a rifle. That's about it. Not to take dick length pix to post on Facebook. A restaurant is not a place to have a political demonstration.

I'm not looking to have a semantics discussion. I don't disagree. Most people here seem to be on the same page, I'm simply looking for additional resources to examine these events and get a more comprehensive perspective.

But I'll just Google it. I'll probably get a more direct answer that way.

I'm not looking to have a semantics discussion. I don't disagree. Most people here seem to be on the same page, I'm simply looking for additional resources to examine these events and get a more comprehensive perspective.

But I'll just Google it. I'll probably get a more direct answer that way.

Sgt - I wasn't responding to you. It was a general contribution to the recent discussion in the thread. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Good clarification -- perhaps unwitting -- of my post. I was referring to rifles, not holstered handguns.