RobCo

Additional handgun permit delay continues

Hope everyone had good holidays, just a bit of an update on my additional handgun permit delays

Gave the local PD my weekly call and they are still reviewing my application even after I completed all the steps on my end.

It has been 5 months, 22 days

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

The frustrating part is I've spoken to other gun owners and they have experienced 2-3 weeks at most.

Did you ask the why the delay?  You can innocently say I thought it was supposed to be done in 30 days?  Is there something I haven't provided (even though you know the answer)?  

Did you ask the why the delay?  You can innocently say I thought it was supposed to be done in 30 days?  Is there something I haven't provided (even though you know the answer)?  

The first delay was they were not setup for the online background check system. That was only completed less than a month ago. Now the reasoning is they are way way way behind due to the increase in requests. And when I asked to speak to the Capt, I was refused.

Hope everyone had good holidays, just a bit of an update on my additional handgun permit delays

Gave the local PD my weekly call and they are still reviewing my application even after I completed all the steps on my end.

It has been 5 months, 22 days

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

The frustrating part is I've spoken to other gun owners and they have experienced 2-3 weeks at most.

Contact ANJRPC's Strikeforce:

http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=A_Strikeforce

Forget ANJRPC. They will just congratulate Christie and say NJ is in great shape

I am the person making the videos of everyone's delays for nj2as. We have several more we are working on releasing

PM me and i will embarrass your police department. You have to record yourself going in and ask again why it's being delayed several months, then again ask to speak to the chief and record them refusing. If you had recorded what you just described, I'd have your permit in your hands right now

Go record them, just repeat the same exact questions, and then transfer the video over google drive to me. We are not revealing anyone's identity's/ names.

Please follow up with me and I will help you to the best of my ability. You'll have your permit days after we release it to our thousands of members and hundreds of media contacts nationwidE. Nj2as is actually being cited in the NH statehouse tomorrow and Alexander is making an appearance there to highlight these issues

Nothing is as effective at getting results than these videos

Sincerely, get it done and reach out to me

Thanks Luso, I've seen your videos and see what I can do to help out...might be tough though.

It's really quite easy- you just go in and literally repeat what you already have felt comfortable saying to them. It may seem weird but it's what's necessary to document their abuse, and until we document it, it doesn't exist and no one believes you. But no one can argue with video

there is nothing illegal about it. You are being recorded without your consent in every police station. As mentioned by another sharp poster above, NJ is 1 party consent. As long as you know the camera in your pocket is running, it's OK

Forget ANJRPC. They will just congratulate Christie and say NJ is in great shape

I am the person making the videos of everyone's delays for nj2as. We have several more we are working on releasing

PM me and i will embarrass your police department. You have to record yourself going in and ask again why it's being delayed several months, then again ask to speak to the chief and record them refusing. If you had recorded what you just described, I'd have your permit in your hands right now

Go record them, just repeat the same exact questions, and then transfer the video over google drive to me. We are not revealing anyone's identity's/ names.

Please follow up with me and I will help you to the best of my ability. You'll have your permit days after we release it to our thousands of members and hundreds of media contacts nationwidE. Nj2as is actually being cited in the NH statehouse tomorrow and Alexander is making an appearance there to highlight these issues

Nothing is as effective at getting results than these videos

Sincerely, get it done and reach out to me

Agreed...the more videos that come out, the better.

Just a little bit of an update, I still have no received my permits. And we are going on 6 plus months now, and to add to the fun. I received a letter from the local PD that the Application Flow Sheet is missing. Now this will be the third time I've had to submit this form. Just fascinates how this is has become such an ordeal. However, I have been preparing a letter which will be going out this week.

Just a little bit of an update, I still have no received my permits. And we are going on 6 plus months now, and to add to the fun. I received a letter from the local PD that the Application Flow Sheet is missing. Now this will be the third time I've had to submit this form. Just fascinates how this is has become such an ordeal. However, I have been preparing a letter which will be going out this week.

What's a flow sheet?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Some meaningless form my local PD added on. A form that is not required by the NJ State PD. From what I've heard other municipalities have added other items as well. But, I submitted this twice already. Just another delay

That's what I figured. Never had one of those.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Some meaningless form my local PD added on. A form that is not required by the NJ State PD. From what I've heard other municipalities have added other items as well. But, I submitted this twice already. Just another delay

Drop it off in person and have the camera running. The extra form is not legal and needs to be documented.

Some ILLEGAL. form my local PD added on. A form that is not required by the NJ State PD. From what I've heard other municipalities have added other items as well. But, I submitted this twice already. Just another delay

Fixed that first sentence for you.

What they are doing is illegal. You have two choices, bend over and take it or pay up and refuse to fill out the form and sue. You will most likely win. I agree, this is one of those times where video taping it and sending it to NJ2AS would be great

Fixed that first sentence for you.

What they are doing is illegal. You have two choices, bend over and take it or pay up and refuse to fill out the form and sue. You will most likely win. I agree, this is one of those times where video taping it and sending it to NJ2AS would be great

You are absolutely correct, these additional requirements are illegal. But the local municipalities manage to get away with it with no repurcussions. My plan now is to send out some certified letters documenting this experience to officials in my town.

..ut the local municipalities manage to get away with it with no repurcussions....

Because?

Wait for it ......

99% of victims do nothing, except bitch about it on gun forums.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Your not telling us anything new. lol. The only thing your going to get here is advice on how to stop the abusive powers. The rest is in ur hands. We hear enough stories about this, your just a piece of paper in a stack 2 feet tall. Sooo, step up and help out your fellow neighbors and put plainfeild on the map for illegal infringement of the 2@

The fact is only a resident can stand up and expose their town, no one else can do it for you.

After 8 months of waiting, numerous phone calls and the letters that finally helped resolve the issue. I have finally obtained my permits.

Advice to anyone running into delays, just stay on it

I'd say congrats, but what you went through is seriously bullshit!

After 8 months of waiting, numerous phone calls and the letters that finally helped resolve the issue. I have finally obtained my permits.

Advice to anyone running into delays, just stay on it

I would highly advise you to submit for more permits now so that in 8 months you can buy another gun!

And I feel for you, I am on 3 months now myself.